Login

russian armor

Panzerschreck Cost On Sturms

22 Jun 2016, 18:46 PM

Hi all,

With the new patch the Panzerschreck has been moved to the sturms, because they are not as spammable and durable as volkgrenadiers. As some of you may know the cost of the Panzerschreck was increased to 90 on the volks in a way to discourage blobbing but of course it didn't work as volks only upgrade was the shrek and OKW often floated munitions.

Currently IMO, that is not longer the case as it is on sturms as they are not anything like volks and you are less likely to float munitions as you need to buy STG's on volks for scaling and performance. Another reason i ask for the decrease of munition cost is because it is so easy for sturms to get wiped, by focus fire, mortar round, tank round, walking into a bofors etc. with little or no time to react.

I think the munition cost should be brought down to somewhere around 60-75 munitions, what do you guys think?
22 Jun 2016, 19:01 PM

I agree. Schreck upgrade for PGs costs 120 munitions but you get two Schrecks. Historically I think part of the reason for the increased Volks price was that it granted a Schreck as well as cold protection. Seeing as though cold is no longer a thing in the competitive scene, I don't see why OKW is paying 50% more than OST for a Panzerschreck.
22 Jun 2016, 20:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 19:01 PMNosliw
I agree. Schreck upgrade for PGs costs 120 munitions but you get two Schrecks. Historically I think part of the reason for the increased Volks price was that it granted a Schreck as well as cold protection. Seeing as though cold is no longer a thing in the competitive scene, I don't see why OKW is paying 50% more than OST for a Panzerschreck.

Can't be done. It's OKW man. And more than this, it's Axis. Only nerf requests are being looked at. :nahnah:
22 Jun 2016, 21:18 PM

Agreed, not only are they less spammable on Sturmpioneers, but OKW has a new ammo sink in StG's.
22 Jun 2016, 21:38 PM

Schrecks back to Volks is only solution. OKW infantry was fine before patch. Now it is messed. As engineers saying "don't touch/fix anything, that works". Relic likes to break that rule, and do it pretty often.
22 Jun 2016, 21:47 PM

Schrecks back to Volks is only solution. OKW infantry was fine before patch. Now it is messed. As engineers saying "don't touch/fix anything, that works". Relic likes to break that rule, and do it pretty often.

no. It was evidently broken. The very fact you say otherwise, judging from your past threads, proves it.

In regards to the OPs suggestion. I really, really don't get the mindset of people when they make threads like this. The idea is to make shreks less spammable. Why undo that by reducing the cost?

And complaining that OKW players don't have enough munitions because they now have the OPTIONAL Stg upgrade for volks. Wow.

The volkshrek blob mentality is very noisy in its death throes XD
22 Jun 2016, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 21:47 PMGrim
In regards to the OPs suggestion. I really, really don't get the mindset of people when they make threads like this. The idea is to make shreks less spammable. Why undo that by reducing the cost?

Pshrecks cannot be spammed anymore because Sturms can only equip one and nobody will spam sturms because that's idiotic
22 Jun 2016, 21:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Back in the old days, wasn't schrecks on PG 90 muni and a single one? Same reasoning with double T3485 cost back then, you get a discount on the bundle.
22 Jun 2016, 21:56 PM

no. It was evidently broken. The very fact you say otherwise, judging from your past threads, proves it.

Maybe volksblob was broken, Im not sure about it. But it could be solved not by destroying and messing ENTIRE infantry system of OKW, but only by buffing anti-blob tools - artillery. It's more obvious and simplier. When some kind of unit becoming too powerful - buff it's counter, and everything is going to be fine.

But... Relic decided to choose more complicated way. And who knows, what it way leads to...
22 Jun 2016, 21:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 18:46 PMAlphrum
I think the munition cost should be brought down to somewhere around 60-75 munitions, what do you guys think?

Depends with which upgrade you want to compare it:

In comparison with double Shrek of Ostheer for 120 mun you are right. 75 mun would be fine, because a single shrek is more than half as good as a double shrek gamewise giving your squad AT capabilities at all.

In comparison with USF Bazooka 90 is just right, because it is superior in every single way to bazooka and USF is in no way less munition heavy than OKW.

Just don't forget that OKW shrek on infantry got indirectly buffed with Faust for Volks. Having no snare was a huge downside of OKW. You will land more shots with Shrek now if you cripple enemy tanks with your Faust, thus getting more caused damage for your upgrade costs.
22 Jun 2016, 22:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Back in the old days, wasn't schrecks on PG 90 muni and a single one? Same reasoning with double T3485 cost back then, you get a discount on the bundle.

Additionally, if it is seen as reasonable to reduce the cost of a Panzerschreck upgrade on Sturmpioneers, I cannot see why we wouldn't do it as well for Stormtroopers.
22 Jun 2016, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 22:00 PMVuther

Additionally, if it is seen as reasonable to reduce the cost of a Panzerschreck upgrade on Sturmpioneers, I cannot see why we wouldn't do it as well for Stormtroopers.

I heard Ostheer is op man, they don't need any buffs
22 Jun 2016, 22:30 PM

well, volks were cheap to produce, and reinforce, that's why shreck cost was 90 and with change in that, where sturmpios aren't core inf unit, but like a support, they can't be blobbed that easily due to their cost and reinforce cost, that's the main reason why shreck cost for them must be reduced to 70 muni at least
22 Jun 2016, 22:41 PM

And complaining that OKW players don't have enough munitions because they now have the OPTIONAL Stg upgrade for volks. Wow.

The volkshrek blob mentality is very noisy in its death throes XD

You seriously think that people will blob sturms if the price is reduced to 60-70 munitions? i dont think thats true at all. Sturms will be fighting, repairing, planting mines, barb wires, AT role, mine sweeping whilst costing 300MP and has higher reinforce cost then volks and you still want to compare it to volkspam? And by buying a shrek, you will lock out the mine sweeper too (I am also aware that their is currently a bug that allows you to have both)

And How do you expect volks to take on better allied infantry without investing in STG's? For any OKW player STG's is a must
22 Jun 2016, 22:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 22:41 PMAlphrum

And How do you expect volks to take on better allied infantry without investing in STG's? For any OKW player STG's is a must

Didn't seem to bother OKW players before, when they had no STG upgrade and the meta was to LOWER their AI capabilities further by upgrading a shreck.
22 Jun 2016, 22:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 22:44 PMWaffaru

Didn't seem to bother OKW players before, when they had no STG upgrade and the meta was to LOWER their AI capabilities further by upgrading a shreck.

Because people blobbed them, massive blobs ofc would have high combined AI. duhh
22 Jun 2016, 22:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 22:50 PMAlphrum

Because people blobbed them, massive blobs ofc would have high combined AI. duhh

So make 2-3 squads of volks to go with your other infantry on earlygame? they ARE your core infantry after all.
22 Jun 2016, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 22:53 PMWaffaru

So make 2-3 squads of volks to go with your other infantry on earlygame? they ARE your core infantry after all.

what? tbh i have no idea what we are discussing here, this topic is about the cost of the PzShrek, you think 90 munition is fine when on sturms?
22 Jun 2016, 23:52 PM

The cost of the schrek would not be a problem if okw had a way to increase their munition income via caches or cargo trucks. Okw needs new commanders with doctrinal AT options that don't force them to go T3 and a way to manipulate their resource income. Good on relic to give them the lefh 18, but they need new doctrinal options anyway compared to the shit ton that soviets and wehr have
22 Jun 2016, 23:53 PM

To OP

Sturms are squishy and they should remain so. they are a t-0 unit that can win most engagements one on one against any other base infantry unit. So to further buff their already amazing early game combat power is an utterly ridiculous preposition.

The price might need some tweaking but it can't be cheap enough that we see a comeback of the retarded Attack move waffen ss ubermensch blob of doom.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 41
Germany 26
Germany 81
Israel 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %