Login

russian armor

Panzerschreck Cost On Sturms

23 Jun 2016, 14:24 PM

My impression after first post-patch games are that the cost probably could go down to 75-ish. Then take it from there.
23 Jun 2016, 14:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 13:32 PMVuther

But the blobs didn't attack-move?

your right they just melted squads
23 Jun 2016, 15:44 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 11:57 AMAlphrum
Doesn't the single shrek upgrade cost 75 munition on stormstroopers?

Just checked to be sure, I was mistaken and it is 75 on Stormtroopers.
23 Jun 2016, 16:47 PM

How OKW can have more problems with light vehicles then before patch? If anything they are better equipped now then before. Shrek timing is roughly the same, racketen is much better + they got vehicle snare now. If anything it is now easier for OKW to deal with any kind of light vehicle as the only thing that has changed is Shreck placement. It has not been nerfed in any way of form.Stop spreading myths and legends.
OKW play style has changed yes, but only because it was too effective and easy to execute. OKW AT capabilities were actually buffed. so can you please stop this nerf nonsense.

This.

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 14:08 PMArclyte
OKW players are still in shock. Not having the game's best AT on one of the games most durable units anymore is very jarring I'm sure.

It's hard to feel sympathy when shreck blobs were mindlessly attack-moving through allied armor for the last 2 years. You're still in good shape, some of us don't even get handheld AT (PTRS is shit).

Old habits die hard, is what they say. I think most objections to the OKW patching is simply laziness and comfort. It's too much effort apparently to combine new things that probably have a higher efficacy then the ham fisted, one size fits all approach of the past.

Please, not even one week went by and people are already coming up with the predictable and stupid "RIP OKW" threads.

Talk about knee jerk reaction.
23 Jun 2016, 16:54 PM

Reduce it to 60 muni but lock out sweeper, same with flamethrowers, SP is the only unit in the game that can upgrade flamers/Shrecks and sweepers both. OKW would need 2 SP anyway.
23 Jun 2016, 17:33 PM
Patrion 14

Reduce it to 60 muni
Sweet idea! 20 muni Bazookas and PIATs when?
23 Jun 2016, 17:35 PM

Reduce price to 75 mun and thats it
23 Jun 2016, 17:37 PM

Sweet idea! 20 muni Bazookas and PIATs when?

Use that munis on mines, SP is expansive as hell so OKW can only get 2 of them max and Shrecks lock out sweeper so they can only have 1 squad that means no vehicle running around willy nilly.
23 Jun 2016, 17:38 PM

This.

Old habits die hard, is what they say. I think most objections to the OKW patching is simply laziness and comfort. It's too much effort apparently to combine new things that probably have a higher efficacy then the ham fisted, one size fits all approach of the past.

Please, not even one week went by and people are already coming up with the predictable and stupid "RIP OKW" threads.

Talk about knee jerk reaction.

What higher 'efficacy' are you talking about, exactly? Light vehicle openings with OKW are not possible anymore, the faust the volks have disappears magically at vet 4, shrecks are now on a 300mp engineer unit and still cost 90 munitions, the raketen has recieved a very useless arc of fire buff and is still utter shit, Sturms med pack still sucks dick, leig is still not buffed, USF has now the best mortar there is in the game, obviously underperforming units like Falls, Jagers, FlakHT are still untouched, and to top it off:

OKW with all teching and all side-tech now costs 270 fuel.

Factions can now get Medium tanks out before OKW has their t4 up.

23 Jun 2016, 17:57 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 17:38 PMDomine
Yeah if you go Battlegroup (+ buy medics) -> Mechanized (+ buy repairs ) -> build a Luchs, then yes. If only some of the above things were optional... oh wait.

It's the same if I go for an Lt + Captain + Weapon racks + grenade tech + ambulance + Stuart build then complain when a Panzer hits the field.

The explicit function of fuel in CoH2 was always to prioritize allocations of teching and vehicles and create diversity in builds through sidetechs.

OKW can rush a Panther the same way Soviets can rush t34s.
23 Jun 2016, 18:02 PM

Yeah if you go Battlegroup (+ buy medics) -> Mechanized (+ buy repairs ) -> build a Luchs, then yes. If only some of the above things were optional... oh wait.

It's the same if I go for an Lt + Captain + Weapon racks + grenade tech + ambulance + Stuart build then complain when a Panzer hits the field.

The explicit function of fuel in CoH2 was always to prioritize allocations of teching and vehicles and create diversity in builds through sidetechs.

OKW can rush a Panther the same way Soviets can rush t34s.

Yeah, healing is generally only an option if you want to decide between winning the game and losing.

Oh wait, let me calculate it through.

You don't go T1, instead go T2 + Luchs/Puma to counter light vehicles.

From this point you either go T4 to build a tank, then you lose because you have no healing

Or, you go t1, and get healing. Now you expended around 200 fuel already, and opponent will start getting tanks out.

Or, you instead go T1 and heal. In this case you lose immediately because any light vehicle rush kills you.

And what's even better, veterancy is now actually counterproductive, since if your opponent sees you only have vet 4-5 Volks, he can comfortably rush you to death since you have now neither a snare, nor a proper handheld at.

23 Jun 2016, 18:07 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 18:02 PMDomine
Yeah, healing is generally only an option if you want to decide between winning the game and losing.
Okay, instead of drawing unfair comparisons, I will admit OKW does have the most tech-locked healing structure.

They also have durable Forward retreat point, five veterancy levels, MG, snare, a non-doctrinal heavy tank...

I've suggested before that the Sturmpio medkits could stand to cost less to compensate.
23 Jun 2016, 18:30 PM

Okay, instead of drawing unfair comparisons, I will admit OKW does have the most tech-locked healing.

I've suggested before that the Sturmpio medkits could stand to cost less to compensate.
Sturmpio medkits could be a decent stop gap. They're what, 35 munis and locked behind vet 1? What if that cost was reduced to 15?
23 Jun 2016, 19:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 17:38 PMDomine

What higher 'efficacy' are you talking about, exactly? Light vehicle openings with OKW are not possible anymore, the faust the volks have disappears magically at vet 4, shrecks are now on a 300mp engineer unit and still cost 90 munitions, the raketen has recieved a very useless arc of fire buff and is still utter shit, Sturms med pack still sucks dick, leig is still not buffed, USF has now the best mortar there is in the game, obviously underperforming units like Falls, Jagers, FlakHT are still untouched, and to top it off:

OKW with all teching and all side-tech now costs 270 fuel.

Have you even bothered? Improved Raketen 43, panzerfaust snare, buildable MG34? What exactly are you lacking? On top of that you are the only faction with access to super heavy tank without need of doctrine. Be a little more lazy. Best AT in game (pzjager4). Best rocket arty in game that is non-doctrinal.

You are just a whinny baby that is throwing his toys out of the pram before even giving them a chance.
nee
23 Jun 2016, 19:42 PM

OP is incorrect: OKW's panzerschreck upgrade has always been 90 munitions, it's never been changed, either from Volks or Sturms. As for using Sturms, I live with it by just not buying STG44s for my Volks.

It's fine the way it is. Relic clearly intended the gap to be filled by panzerfaust and buffed Rak43s.
23 Jun 2016, 19:44 PM

Have you even bothered? Improved Raketen 43, panzerfaust snare, buildable MG34? What exactly are you lacking? On top of that you are the only faction with access to super heavy tank without need of doctrine. Be a little more lazy. Best AT in game (pzjager4). Best rocket arty in game that is non-doctrinal.

You are just a whinny baby that is throwing his toys out of the pram before even giving them a chance.

Yes, I have bothered. I have a whole day of top 200 action behind me. It's nonsensical. USF absolutely hardcounters OKW. The rak43 got no range increase, no pen increase, no survivability increase. The MG 34 gets immediately killed by USF 'Not op at all' mortars, which just happen to be the best mortars in the game.

And on top of all that, OKW has to pay 55 fuel just to get to heal it's own units, while USF blobs still roam the field more powerful than ever.
23 Jun 2016, 19:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 13:25 PMZyllen

Name something the okw has and in all likelihood the ostheer is going to have something similar or better
puma lol
23 Jun 2016, 19:47 PM

Sturmpio medkits could be a decent stop gap. They're what, 35 munis and locked behind vet 1? What if that cost was reduced to 15?
free but high cooldown
23 Jun 2016, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 19:44 PMDomine

Yes, I have bothered. I have a whole day of top 200 action behind me. It's nonsensical. USF absolutely hardcounters OKW. The rak43 got no range increase, no pen increase, no survivability increase. The MG 34 gets immediately killed by USF 'Not op at all' mortars, which just happen to be the best mortars in the game.

And on top of all that, OKW has to pay 55 fuel just to get to heal it's own units, while USF blobs still roam the field more powerful than ever.

Mortar is bugged it is not meant to be that way. IT will be fixed, everyone knows this stop throwing it around as if it was a legitimate excuse.

Raketen is a tier 0 AT unit with a cloaking ability, that is more then adequate for what you pay for it.

Your healing truck is also a tech building and a rally point why is this a problem?

You are just a big malcontent whiner.
23 Jun 2016, 20:02 PM

Mortar is bugged it is not meant to be that way. IT will be fixed, everyone knows this stop throwing it around as if it was a legitimate excuse.

Raketen is a tier 0 AT unit with a cloaking ability, that is more then adequate for what you pay for it.

Your healing truck is also a tech building and a rally point why is this a problem?

You are just a big malcontent whiner.

The mortar is not bugged, it's exactly the way relic intended it. Guess what, Mortar was fixed today. You know what happened? It got even better. It's range was lowered but it's accuracy and rof is now even higher.

Yeah, it's a tier 0 At unit with a cloaking ability that is also very bad.

Because it costs 55 fuel to get healing. That's fifty-five fuel.

Here, let me give you a list.

USF: 250mp and 10 fuel for healing.
UKF: 30 munitions for healing.
SOV: 250 manpower for healing
OST: 200 manpower and 60 munitions for healing
OKW: 400 manpower and 55 fuel for healing

Find the outsider
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Livestreams

Mexico 19
United Kingdom 135
Germany 1