Login

russian armor

OKW can be killed in less than 5 minutes

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
23 Jun 2016, 09:58 AM

No more volk shreck blob is great. But having to pay 400MP + 55F for medics after I open with mechanized is just too much.
23 Jun 2016, 10:46 AM

No more volk shreck blob is great. But having to pay 400MP + 55F for medics after I open with mechanized is just too much.

It's pretty messed up that OKW healing is tied up to teching choices. Now, when you also factor non-linear teching into account it's a mess.

What if we changed OKW healing truck like this:
- The Med truck starts off with medics when it spawns; but only offers healing (no forward reinforcement)
- To unlock T1-unit building + forward reinforcement, an upgrade needs to be purchased

- Supply Truck costs 100MP/15FU (like now)
- Setting up the med truck costs 100MP/5FU (or 0 fuel)
- It takes 200MP/35FU to unlock T1 building options and forward reinforcement point options

(T4 should obviously require either T2 being setup or T1 with the unlock being researched; same with King Tiger)

This would:
- Give OKW healing that's not -that- tied to teching
- Retain teching/sidegrade costs that are comparable to what the other factions are paying for
23 Jun 2016, 11:08 AM

It's pretty messed up that OKW healing is tied up to teching choices. Now, when you also factor non-linear teching into account it's a mess.

- The Med truck starts off with medics when it spawns; but only offers healing (no forward reinforcement)
- To unlock T1-unit building + forward reinforcement, an upgrade needs to be purchased

- It takes 200MP/35FU to unlock T1 building options and forward reinforcement point options

(T4 should obviously require either T2 being setup or T1 with the unlock being researched; same with King Tiger)

This would:
- Retain teching/sidegrade costs that are comparable to what the other factions are paying for
or how about an upgrade on the HQ dat gives healing dat can be switched off to move to med HQ ?
23 Jun 2016, 11:25 AM

Everone needs to f off, hard.

Preview testing was a thing ;)
23 Jun 2016, 11:28 AM

Everone needs to f off, hard.

Preview testing was a thing ;)
yea but compare the patch they are different and there are still many bug
23 Jun 2016, 11:33 AM

yea but compare the patch they are different and there are still many bug

Because bugs equal balance and you should always judge balance based on bugs, because they are features now and will never be fixed, its 100% fully intended for volks to lose fausts at certain vet, therefore OKW AT weak, right? :snfBarton:
23 Jun 2016, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 11:33 AMKatitof

Because bugs equal balance and you should always judge balance based on bugs, because they are features now and will never be fixed, its 100% fully intended for volks to lose fausts at certain vet, therefore OKW AT weak, right? :snfBarton:
the bug demonstrate say the patch are different
23 Jun 2016, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 11:33 AMKatitof

In case of Lelic you should always judge balance based on bugs... because Lelic :hansGG:
23 Jun 2016, 11:59 AM

What's the problem with medics tied to a med truck?
It wasnt a problem since WFA release and now it is?
23 Jun 2016, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 21:27 PMJadame!
I feel like they need tank hunters obers buildable from hq at the begining, which come with 2 at rifles and can upgrade to double shrecks, their combat stats significantly weaker and vet different from regular obers for reasons. Shreck pios is a joke, and rakketen, while good overall is just not enought to hold on its own even with phausts around and it also killed too easily (bunching, no green cover, 4 crew members).

Or just make obers buildable in HQ, double shreck upgrade after 1truck, 1 lmg upgrade after 2trucks, can have only one; it would open some strat possibilities.

Still, too early to tell for sure, mb its just my first impressions from stomping OKW whole day and in reallity OKW just needs to spam pumas hardcore.

+1 - Great idea greatly put. Don't forget that "obers" as they are now, should get a slight price reduction since they're squishy 4 man squad that perishes easily with the most of their potential layin' in the weapon upgrade.

I mean, what were they thinking ? - to bundle the already overstretched builder unit with the AT role !?? In my experience in the last 15 games since the patch (the win/loss ratio of around 3/12, usually I'd be 9/6 average) you can use the shreck sturmpios only for one launch and instant retreat, at least until they rank up heavily,since they're so susceptible to random wipes that it's ridiculous.
23 Jun 2016, 13:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 07:24 AMEsxile

You have to be careful with your words, people here are getting crazy and they'll think because you struggle a bit on the micro of your raketen, the faction is UP.
OKW still has more AT option than any other faction, shreck/pfaust/raketen/puma/jpz4/panther/doctrinal jagtiger.
People here are getting crazy because the shreck blob is gone. They don't assume it but a vast majority of them were only relying on it to play the faction, shreck blob was their bread and butter, terribly good vs tanks and sufficient to hold infantry with a couple of flamnade.
Now they need to learn to play the faction again and they are getting mad because of it. they have to build HMGs, to make choice in their teching, to wisely select which upgrade they want first, shreck or STG, keep munition to use faust and maybe build a PUMA to effectively counter light vehicle play.

People are upset because you HAVE to build a puma. The people that didn't schreck blob and used 2-3 volks in a game now have no real AT option. Both racketen and SP are UP compared to pretty much every equivilent.
23 Jun 2016, 13:09 PM

Hahaha, I'm so glad I uninstalled this game a week ago.
From what I read now 2 of 2 German factions are unplayable against 3 viable Allied factions.

and I'm pissed I didn't even tho' I said I would :loco: ontopic, I almost exclusively play okw, and I've never made more than two squads of volks at the same time - if that's considered a shreck blob, I don't know what that US 7-8 wieldin' zook thing I see every other game is.. so I guess I don't miss my "shreck blob" at all.. but what I hate right now, is losing valuable versatile squads of SP's by being forced to keep them in action far more than they're designed to be.. the bugs as volks faust and US mortar I won't even bother to mention, or did I just?
23 Jun 2016, 13:10 PM

This would:

In the past I'd rely on SP medkit if I went Puma building first. Is this option not viable anymore?
23 Jun 2016, 13:31 PM

In the past I'd rely on SP medkit if I went Puma building first. Is this option not viable anymore?

The medkit doesn't even heal one squad

Compare that shit to the UKF medkit
23 Jun 2016, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 13:31 PMDomine

It hasn't been changed then.
In that case I don't see the reason why shouldn't you be using it as temporary heal until you get your truck like you did if you went Puma first before the patch?
23 Jun 2016, 13:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 13:31 PMDomine

Compare OKW medics to UKF medics.

Oh wait!
23 Jun 2016, 13:39 PM

and when was healing behind the lines (or not), without reinforcing, with ammo and micro penalty, actually that "viable" ? In thousand of hours I don't remember when I've seen ppl do that in the field, altho I admit that I personally did sometimes, but rarely because of all - above mentioned.
23 Jun 2016, 13:42 PM

It hasn't been changed then.
In that case I don't see the reason why shouldn't you be using it as temporary heal until you get your truck like you did if you went Puma first before the patch?

The reason is simple, you spend munitions on the heal, then you spend fuel on the Mechanized, THEN you spend 55 fuel just to get some healing, and then, if you want any armour, you must go ahead and spend another 135 fuel.

23 Jun 2016, 13:50 PM

It is still one way to go, but:
- It requires significantly more micro than other forms of healing (placing the crates AND clicking on it)
- It will chew up your munitions until you get the resources for the healing truck.

The thing is that pre-patch:
- Volksgrenadiers had everything on their platter for free
- OKW kind of "deserved" to have their healing tied to a tier choice to balance this out

Now:
- OKW infantry is considerably less versatile than before
- Their healing tier becomes more expensive
- If you end up losing the truck, you are doubly-as fucked as before.

It is way too early to say, yet since:
- Bugs, everywhere
- I need to l2p new OKW

.. but I don't find it unresonable to decouple OKW teching from side-benefits.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS