Login

russian armor

OKW can be killed in less than 5 minutes

• This thread is locked
PAGES (15)down
22 Jun 2016, 21:56 PM

Or a wild idea; how about reverting the fuel changes for vehicles and T3(mech) but leave the recent changes as they are.

BTW, added some quotes to the OP.
22 Jun 2016, 21:58 PM

Everyone stop right now, katiof said it, it's a balanced patch and anyone defending axis are fan boys and it's a L2P problem. Coming from a pro who plays the game. Leave it to him to be correct. Everyone can log off now since there is no balance to discuss. What he says goes.

At least he knows that STGs upgrade also increase long range DPS, while you said that they are useless with upgrade at long rage.

#TestingPatchSoHard :luvDerp:
22 Jun 2016, 22:35 PM

Everyone stop right now, katiof said it, it's a balanced patch and anyone defending axis are fan boys and it's a L2P problem. Coming from a pro who plays the game. Leave it to him to be correct. Everyone can log off now since there is no balance to discuss. What he says goes.
When Katitoff says the game is balanced, there is something seriously wrong in the Allied favour.
22 Jun 2016, 23:52 PM

At least he knows that STGs upgrade also increase long range DPS, while you said that they are useless with upgrade at long rage.

I said they are useless and it's because they are.

Look at all the allied fanboys doing their victory lap because they get easy mode.
22 Jun 2016, 23:55 PM

Ooo mmmm ggeeeee you are so right, that is something katiof would know and I wouldn't. Thanks for pointing that out. That's something tI be jealous of and feel salty about. What was I thinking. I wish I was just like him, I could never be. Oh and you. Your on his level. A level to be envy about. Good job ;)
22 Jun 2016, 23:57 PM
Patrion 14

Too much partisanship here...

0. I saw someone using stats on coh2charts.com saying OKW has the lowest winrate - not true, (obviously looking at 1v1, 1-250), UKF has the lowest and only USF has 4-5% winrate above everybody else. So maybe the real problem is USF. Although it maybe just attributed to superman mortar they got.

1. To ones who say OKW healing cost Truck + Setup +upgrade... well, the Truck + Setup element was already there so the real cost is only 100mp 15fu. A semi-valid complaint would be that OKW has to pick a tier for the access to meds... which was the case since the beginning... so may be not.

2. This leads to people comparing free things and paid side techs each factions get to advance their own points. Well, some factions get more of one and less of the other but those two elements alone do not need to be absolutely balanced. again, coh2charts show almost identical winrates for all factions... and since this patch was the most played one before the release by many, even a tournament, so i think the ratio will not swing drastically in two weeks.

3. as comm_ash said, WC51 cannot suddenly become a problem. shreck was not available at T0 in the first place so it is dishonest to say that the jeep suddenly dominates OKW early game. almost same goes for M3 but M3 and SOV T1 are stronger.

4. Complaining Volks STGs is the weakest INF or too weak... Cons have been doing fine even with no upgrades and bare bone stats mostly due to sandbags, upgradable snare and oorah. Now, volks have two of them and instead of oorah, an upgrade that makes them good close range.

5. More munition options =/= muni starved... if i pick Pershing, am i suddenly fuel starved? Jackson and Sherman are still same price along with everything else.

------------------------------

if you want the game to improve, find bugs so relic can fix them with upcoming hotfix patch. and let the game settle at least a week.
22 Jun 2016, 23:58 PM

you don't get the point if it was a free 10% dos upgrade at all range it would still be bad cause 1 bar beat it
Make it cost 90 mun 3-4 stg so if rifle bar do x volks stg do x + 1 but when rifle get 2 bar they get completely overclasses so there is some decision making cause either way you are gona put at least 1 bar x squad
23 Jun 2016, 00:14 AM

@ Pigsoup

Thank you for the insight, often times the best course of action is to gather the info and present it then simply arguing about it.

Give it a good two weeks to settle it in and fix a couple of bugs and well see most of these "Axiz Nerfz rEaLz harb" threads go the way of the buffalo. Most of them are just buthurt fanboys.

Just look at this thread, OP got Rekt in 5 min.
23 Jun 2016, 00:31 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

You have to babysit raketenS way too hard and they're way too fragile with such low range.. Haven't even bothered with sturm shrek... They really need 2 if they're gonna have them at all. One on such a fragile expensive squad is worthless.

Had a lot of times where raketen got hit by some random shot and didn't fire, or got out maneuvered, even if slightly... And then my whole army falls apart because like... It's the only *non fuel based* AT and its subpar.

Possibly l2p new OKW issues on my part....

But by my first impression is that you need a puma to hold your AT down just incase your raketenS fail or a good allied player can just... Rofl stomp you HARD

Which means later t4, which means... Later obers and p4. So allies get the mediums out much easier it seems. Again it's early so idk.

OKW needed a nurf but give us 2x shreks on sturms and a longer range raketen.... I think that'd fix a lot.

And fix the bugs. Kappa.

Edit* I love STG volk mg34 Luchs and kubel combo but god Damn I'm struggling AT wise.
23 Jun 2016, 01:35 AM

Well we beat schreck spam, but I see piat spam and zooka spam and simcity are still all alive and well.
23 Jun 2016, 01:39 AM

OKW needed a nurf but give us 2x shreks on sturms and a longer range raketen.... I think that'd fix a lot.
Edit* I love STG volk mg34 Luchs and kubel combo but god Damn I'm struggling AT wise.

I've been beating that fucking drum since the release of the mod, and yet no one listened to me!

Volks, especially blobs were overpowering yes, but it was one of the only solid AT the faction had.
Now against USF its RofLOL1StuartGG
23 Jun 2016, 05:32 AM

Come on.

The only solid AT?

I don't see how OKW struggles AT if Brits or SU don't.

OKW has access to:
PzFaust
PzSchreck
T0 Raketen
Puma
Mines

What about Brits?
No snare
No homing AT (let's put aside PIAT since it's useless vs light vehicles)
No engis for early mine
6 Pounder
AEC

So... How Brits don't struggle vs double 222 or Luchs but OKW does vs T70 or Stuart?

And SU? It's similar.

You either go SU76 (Puma) or stick with ZiS (raketen) or with light AT Guards (SP).
23 Jun 2016, 05:38 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Congratulations Sir, you have triggered enough people in under 1 day that they spam this thread. I bow for you
23 Jun 2016, 07:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jun 2016, 20:45 PMcolgate
Good bye one shot killing allied tanks blob... Now allied players can make flanking manevuers to heavy axis tanks. Changes are good. But okw may need some kind of pak.

Correct. Thanks for this. In addition I'd like the okw pak to have good range and sight. Would be great if it could retreat from danger. Garrison would be ace.
23 Jun 2016, 07:24 AM

You have to babysit raketenS way too hard and they're way too fragile with such low range.. Haven't even bothered with sturm shrek... They really need 2 if they're gonna have them at all. One on such a fragile expensive squad is worthless.

Had a lot of times where raketen got hit by some random shot and didn't fire, or got out maneuvered, even if slightly... And then my whole army falls apart because like... It's the only *non fuel based* AT and its subpar.

Possibly l2p new OKW issues on my part....

But by my first impression is that you need a puma to hold your AT down just incase your raketenS fail or a good allied player can just... Rofl stomp you HARD

Which means later t4, which means... Later obers and p4. So allies get the mediums out much easier it seems. Again it's early so idk.

And fix the bugs. Kappa.

You have to be careful with your words, people here are getting crazy and they'll think because you struggle a bit on the micro of your raketen, the faction is UP.
OKW still has more AT option than any other faction, shreck/pfaust/raketen/puma/jpz4/panther/doctrinal jagtiger.
People here are getting crazy because the shreck blob is gone. They don't assume it but a vast majority of them were only relying on it to play the faction, shreck blob was their bread and butter, terribly good vs tanks and sufficient to hold infantry with a couple of flamnade.
Now they need to learn to play the faction again and they are getting mad because of it. they have to build HMGs, to make choice in their teching, to wisely select which upgrade they want first, shreck or STG, keep munition to use faust and maybe build a PUMA to effectively counter light vehicle play.

23 Jun 2016, 08:18 AM

So basically even a light car can end the game now.

• Panzerfaust: Costs more than its equivalents and is locked behind a slow teching (Compared to SU/OST, early-early game)

• STG Sidegrade: Around %20 increased damage @ close range and zero improvement at long range, the distance volks are supposed to excel at. You shouldn't pay 60 munis just to get two downgraded versions of sturmpioneers MP44s. They already got 4, and for free.

• Panzershreck: How about just creating a new "AT" unit instead of overloading sturmpioneers with their hefty reinforce cost. EDIT:Actually it is fine on sturms, since it seems to be an improved version, also sturms have some use past the 5 minute mark. So this is a non-issue.

• Medics: As stressed out by every one else, the fuel cost is just silly, given the fact that they will be bleeding early game due to heavy light car domination.

• M1 81mm: USF does not need this. Just reduce the price for teching nades and remove this new cheese altogether. It is Single–handedly negating %99 of the core CoH2 design and gameplay elements. They have the most broken howitzer in game already so there is no justification for adding this, and specially in HQ! WTF. So either remove this or remove ostheer T1 and T2 buildings altogether. The MG34 at 2-3CP makes zero sense as well, as long as this unit exists.

And now some suggestions.

• Allow OKW to build caches: Since the asymmetrical aspects of the design have been buried long time ago and now that OST can build sandbags, USF can build mortars and both the SU and USF have an excellent early/mid/late game (contray to their original design), there is nothing wrong with allowing OKW to build caches.

• Either reduce the cost for using the panzerfaust, double the damage or remove the teching requirement. Or captain molo apprentices will reign supreme again.

• Move obers to Tier 2, or buff volks damage up to 14-15

+1000
23 Jun 2016, 09:29 AM

Can we close this joke of a topic down please? All logical arguments have been depleted and all that's left is personal attacks and written abuse.
23 Jun 2016, 09:50 AM

Hahaha, I'm so glad I uninstalled this game a week ago.
From what I read now 2 of 2 German factions are unplayable against 3 viable Allied factions.
PAGES (15)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS