Isu152 needs...
Option Distribution Votes
70%
0%
30%
Total votes: 56
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
21 Jun 2016, 20:23 PM

Forgive me for asking but is there a reason why the ISU152 can bounce off of a Panzer 4? Why do you have to wait 14 cp and 260 fuel to get this assault gun that can't even deal with medium armor? It has good infantry killing power, sure, but it's already handicapped by the unreal reload time and the 11 second shell switch timer. I'd be fine with that if it actually could reliably pen medium tanks... How does this not get brought up more? What do you think? Cast your vote
21 Jun 2016, 20:29 PM

HE shells work well against mediums
21 Jun 2016, 20:30 PM

It's fine.

Tho if I understand correctly, with today's patch ISU will be nerfed - no longer stun shot from HE shells, right?
21 Jun 2016, 20:42 PM

152 is fine. but price is lot i think
21 Jun 2016, 20:43 PM

HE shells work well against mediums

No, they don't.

There is nothing wrong with ISU, what is up with these scrub thread spam this week?
21 Jun 2016, 20:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 20:43 PMKatitof

No, they don't.

There is nothing wrong with ISU, what is up with these scrub thread spam this week?

What a well thought out reply! <clap clap clap>
21 Jun 2016, 20:52 PM

The ISU's range is enormous and its wipeout potential is huge. It does not need any buffs.

Still I remember that Elefant vs ISU meta where you had to play Jaeger Armour as Germans in order to survive after minute 20.
21 Jun 2016, 20:56 PM

ISU152 has a penetration of 230 that's pretty high given the it's multipurose role (albeit one that's pretty hamstrung due to shell switching and reload time). I'm not sure what that works out to as far as % chance to bounce on mediums but I think it should Pen 100% on mediums.

ISU has always felt really lackluster to me and I never see them in 1s and 2s... I can't help but feel like it needs some kind of love (especially after IS2 buff makes it even more appealing) unless they are secretly good in 3s and 4s.
21 Jun 2016, 20:59 PM

Voted increase, if it's going to have shell switching, the shells might as well do their jobs.
21 Jun 2016, 20:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 20:42 PMZyswen
152 is fine. but price is lot i think
so how is it fine if price to high? lol its not fine. it needs more penetration when it switches to armor piercing rounds. AP rounds are horrible for this 14cp 260f, half multirole heavy tank. and HE shells are not reliable for medium armor
21 Jun 2016, 21:00 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Voted increase, if it's going to have shell switching, the shells might as well do their jobs.

I will not say better.
21 Jun 2016, 21:02 PM

Guys... The only vehicles with better penetration than AP ISU152 are Firefly, Panther, JT and Ele... (tho consider that ISU with 70 range has 200 long range penetration while Panther with 50 has 220).

So in the end, we end up only with Ele and JT with superior penetration.
21 Jun 2016, 21:02 PM

ISU152 has a penetration of 230 that's pretty high given the it's multipurose role (albeit one that's pretty hamstrung due to shell switching and reload time). I'm not sure what that works out to as far as % chance to bounce on mediums but I think it should Pen 100% on mediums.

ISU has always felt really lackluster to me and I never see them in 1s and 2s... I can't help but feel like it needs some kind of love (especially after IS2 buff makes it even more appealing) unless they are secretly good in 3s and 4s.
230 is pretty low for this type of very slow moving/firing/reloading/switching/rotating heavy tank. so slow at everything, dies to easy cuz armor is its weakness when it should be able to kill armor
21 Jun 2016, 21:10 PM

Guys... The only vehicles with better penetration than AP ISU152 are Firefly, Panther, JT and Ele... (tho consider that ISU with 70 range has 200 long range penetration while Panther with 50 has 220).

So in the end, we end up only with Ele and JT with superior penetration.
so disregard its performance then? lol ISU is a super version of the su85. was made to have beter penetraion then a su85 or even a su100/su122. but thats now where near tha case.... how is it less mobile with no turret super expensive. and ull be lucky to buy one if the game last that long if u live long enough to buy one. idk man just tired of ppl trying to find any arguement they can to say isu AP pen is fine
21 Jun 2016, 21:21 PM

so disregard its performance then? lol ISU is a super version of the su85. was made to have beter penetraion then a su85 or even a su100/su122. but thats now where near tha case.... how is it less mobile with no turret super expensive. and ull be lucky to buy one if the game last that long if u live long enough to buy one. idk man just tired of ppl trying to find any arguement they can to say isu AP pen is fine

Really? Are we going to discuss hostory here?

1. Balance.
2. History.
3. I have no problem with ISU AP shells. Killed countless times Ele or JT with ISU in 2v2.
Sure, sometimes it bounces but it should. It's not pure AT like Ele or JT.
21 Jun 2016, 21:27 PM

so how is it fine if price to high? lol its not fine. it needs more penetration when it switches to armor piercing rounds. AP rounds are horrible for this 14cp 260f, half multirole heavy tank. and HE shells are not reliable for medium armor
1 shooting infantries at the long range enough for this tank i think.
21 Jun 2016, 21:28 PM

Maybe they could have different configurations rather than just simple shell switching. In base you can decide for either AI configuration or AT configuration. For AI it'll be kinda like direct-firing an ML-20, for AT it'll be about on-par with an Elefant. You can swap back and forth in base and it'll take a few seconds to do so. Maybe an icon over the vehicle will show you which configuration it's set up for.
21 Jun 2016, 21:33 PM

was made to have beter penetraion then a su85 or even a su100/su122.

The ISU-152 wasn't intended to be a Tank Destroyer at first, so this is not the question.

Furthermore, as a Tank Destroyer, the ISU rather used HE shells to knock out tank crews. Like for the IS-2, we're not searching for penetration here, but for gross power.

( But i'm not saying that an ISU-152 that don't pen a Pz.IV is normal though )

But don't expect to easily pen a Jagdtiger or a Tiger II with an ISU or an IS-2, big caliber guns and not expected to be use for anti-tank role. So on this point, the game is more or less realistic.
21 Jun 2016, 21:36 PM

Really? Are we going to discuss hostory here?

1. Balance.
2. History.
3. I have no problem with ISU AP shells. Killed countless times Ele or JT with ISU in 2v2.
Sure, sometimes it bounces but it should. It's not pure AT like Ele or JT.
not trying to discuss history just pointing out it should be an upgrade for penetration over su85 no? u waiting a long time for it. u paying way more, comes in a doctrine, it locks itself in AP rounds to not pierce armor? just my thoughts... getting this units kills urself more then changing tide in favor ele have more dmg per shot and pen its supposed to be a better TD then isu. But an isu going up against axis armor ur not supposed to compare what his pen is to axis. it needs to be balanced for itself against other heavier armor. not worrying about how much something else got
21 Jun 2016, 21:38 PM

Maybe they could have different configurations rather than just simple shell switching. In base you can decide for either AI configuration or AT configuration. For AI it'll be kinda like direct-firing an ML-20, for AT it'll be about on-par with an Elefant. You can swap back and forth in base and it'll take a few seconds to do so. Maybe an icon over the vehicle will show you which configuration it's set up for.
as long as its useful something but that will take to long to keep going back in forth from base to switch. maybe be in territory
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS