Login

russian armor

Isu152 pen

21 Jun 2016, 22:04 PM

What the hell dude? Are you trolling now? You have 200 penetration at max range which means 76% for Brummbar, 83% for Hetzer and 100% for unvetted Pz4. How is that struggling?
100% vs p4? no thats not right my isu been deflacted many times and my p4s deflacted many shots to so idk bout the stats here
21 Jun 2016, 22:06 PM

yea f the talk im down to play and prove it so we can post it on here
21 Jun 2016, 22:06 PM

100% vs p4? no thats not right my isu been deflacted many times and my p4s deflacted many shots to so idk bout the stats here

Then use AP rounds, not HE or post a replay. Yes, 100% vs unvetted Pz4 and 85% vs OKW Pz4.

I'm done here becasue I feel like I'm point you sun and you are saying that it's a moon.
21 Jun 2016, 22:09 PM

this exactly....would be great but ap deflect doing 50% is to much unless if u mean like if they didnt change its penetration? then deflects will always cause a little shave dmg?

Lower AP penetration AND give damage on deflection(50%).
Base damage is 240. If deflection - only 120 damage.
21 Jun 2016, 22:09 PM

Then use AP rounds, not HE or post a replay. Yes, 100% vs unvetted Pz4 and 85% vs OKW Pz4.

I'm done here becasue I feel like I'm point you sun and you are saying that it's a moon.
then use AP rounds? wth we been talking about the whole time? AP rounds i think.. talking about 100% pen... if that was the case ppl wont complain about this problem for the last year or more
21 Jun 2016, 22:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 22:09 PMDrink

Lower AP penetration AND give damage on deflection(50%).
Base damage is 240. If deflection - only 120 damage.
i think that will make axis armor not scared of being hit or punished while rushing. i think just a long range pen buff is fine
21 Jun 2016, 22:33 PM

i think that will make axis armor not scared of being hit or punished while rushing. i think just a long range pen buff is fine

I think opposite.
With this change ISU will be real threat against armor. It still can't 1v1 Ele\Jagd or even KT.
But ISU now can 100% finish off low health armor. I think its fair for its price.
23 Jun 2016, 01:39 AM

Hey guys try to keep this on topic please. :) Cleaned this up a little.
23 Jun 2016, 02:21 AM

You can just ignore Australian Magic, he's another one of those "aaa" or "kaititof" types.
23 Jun 2016, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 21:50 PMCrystal

If it was just me, i'd rather remove the AP rounds, add a high chance of stun crews on hit for HE shells, also a probability to de-track the tank or easily damage/destroy the engine on rear hit.

+1

Though since it gets stun on almost every shot (1 second stun is good), it shouldn't do a lot of damage but not pudding damage either. Maybe same damage as a T-34/85 shot. The random criticals are too much though.
23 Jun 2016, 06:39 AM

The pen of the AP shells should be increased especially since they can tend to bounce quite often. Considering the load ammo change time I think the AP should at least do its job more effectively.

Often theres is no point in switching to AP since the pen is not reliable at all especially late game against heavy axis armour.
23 Jun 2016, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 06:39 AMCrumbum
The pen of the AP shells should be increased especially since they can tend to bounce quite often. Considering the load ammo change time I think the AP should at least do its job more effectively.

Often theres is no point in switching to AP since the pen is not reliable at all especially late game against heavy axis armour.

If you increase pen of AP shell you will have to reduce Aoe of HE Shell, an anti everything 70 range is not welcomed again :p
23 Jun 2016, 13:05 PM

I think ISU-152 is fine as it is. We don't want to be the monster it used to be.
23 Jun 2016, 13:13 PM

As numerous other people on this thread have remarked, ISU152 is in no way underperforming:
- It performs its primary role as a long-range wipe machine admirably (although this is terrain dependent)
- If you look at both Penetration (200-ish) and damage (240) at the same time, you will see that it can also double as a tank destroyer, if you need it to.

@OP (Over)buffing certain already strong heavy-tank call-ins (this goes for all heavy tanks) won't necessarily make the affected faction more interesting to play as (or against). Instead, that may very well backfire and harm the strategic diversity of both the affected faction, and the diversity of the game (since OST/OKW will have to counter the buffed doctrines):
- (if it isn't already) overbuffed wunderwaffen doctrines will become auto-pick commanders on the right modes (call-in cheese for 1v1, long-range vet-wipers for 4v4)
- In order to stay competitive with other people playing the same faction, you will end up picking the same commander over and over again (how many top-tier OST players don't have Mechanized Assault in their loadouts?)
- Every time you play against the affected faction, you can already predict the build-order, and which unit the fight is going to revolve against.

In the end, it's not going to be fun for anybody involved.

If you believe that a faction is suffering from something, it is better to identify what synergy is missing from its stock units, and apply changes there. That will automatically make a bigger selection of commanders more attractive to play (NKVD, anyone?).

Yes, currently the meta doesn't feel stale. However, that's only because Relic is still putting the effort to swing it drastically with each patch. At some point they will no longer be able to afford the time, and all we will be left with are a handful of cheese-commanders.

Think longterm!
23 Jun 2016, 13:28 PM
Donator 11

Yo could say this unit is "jack of all trades" but has a hard time even penning the front armor of a panther even with 190~ pen. The HE round, often times over shoots or clips the ground. The mobility of the unit is horrendous, ROF is bad, it's armor is bad, but yet it costs the same amount of fuel as a super heavy as well as having a huge MP requirement.

The ISU since its changes for the HE round has been so limited in its cost effectiveness that its hard to trade effectively with it. The range of the jagtiger (made in almost every 4v4 game) means this unit has simply NO window. Even with Zis support, you simply wont stop panther pushes the come about due to this mode, and often times the rounds simply clip the ground (like the rekten). Its inconstant, its a gimped Elephant, with horrible defensive stats, and mediocre combat stats, all to trade for a HE round that takes 11 seconds to reload on top of the base reload if you swap rounds in between.

That said, changes to units like the jagtiger could give this unit a window, a slight pen buff wouldn't hurt or a change to the HE round to stun tanks to provide AT guns a chance to cover the ISU retreat. As Smith has said, we simply cant overbuff a unit, it needs to have cons, it needs counters, but the fact that its simply outranged, outgunned, outmaneuvered, and our armored, makes this unit simply lacking in anything good except for the HE round.
23 Jun 2016, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 12:45 PMBlalord

If you increase pen of AP shell you will have to reduce Aoe of HE Shell, an anti everything 70 range is not welcomed again :p

Back when it was anti everything it didn't have to switch shells you could just leave it on the same round.
23 Jun 2016, 14:57 PM

ISU-152 has the G-530 Concrete Piercing Round that has plenty of penetration. I would start by lowering the MU cost of it and fixing it the ground collision a bit.
23 Jun 2016, 14:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Jun 2016, 14:39 PMCrumbum

Back when it was anti everything it didn't have to switch shells you could just leave it on the same round.

So in total you want the AT power of an elephant and the AI power of the isu 152 in a single unit, switch shell doesnt justify an 70 range anti everything unit
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 33
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment