Login

russian armor

panthers reload speed

• This thread is locked
PAGES (12)down
21 Jun 2016, 00:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 00:20 AMVuther

Wait whose Panther are we talkin' in this thread anymore, I'm confused.

I think most people are talking about Ost panther, I personally think the Ost panther needs buffs (not to the level of the OKW panther) and that the OKW panther could use a small fuel price reduction.
21 Jun 2016, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 00:20 AMRollo
Yea you should probably wait for someone else to carry you out of the hole you've dug for yourself

I'm sure someone will ride to your rescue and fight for the all so desperately needed panther buffs :3
no dude this discussion was already done 3 month ago and we came to the conclusion to buff the moving accuracy of panther from 0.5 to 0.65 and yes there were video of panther beating comet in AI when there's no cover but when there's even yellow cover ( let's not talk about green cover) when panther killed second model the comet already wiped the squad ( because of over-shots and how cover works 160: 2 = 80 , mg damage don't do area damage x shoot and is like 4-6 damage in green cover )
21 Jun 2016, 00:37 AM

no dude this discussion was already done 3 month ago and we came to the conclusion to buff the moving accuracy of panther from 0.5 to 0.65 and yes there were video of panther beating comet in AI when there's no cover but when there's even yellow cover ( let's not talk about green cover) when panther killed second model the comet already wiped the squad ( because of over-shots and how cover works 160: 2 = 80 , mg damage don't do area damage x shoot and is like 4-6 damage in green cover )

the game is not a vacuum, the vid shows what happens to inf in the open. Of course behind green cover with the panther sitting there things will be different but lets be honest this will never happen.

Lategame you will catch a rifle squad sidecapping a VP, Panther (like the comet) does a pretty good job at killing these squads with the MG's similar to the comet.

no buffs needed, it's already cheaper with better vet.
21 Jun 2016, 00:40 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Moving accuracy to 0.6 for the Ostheer version just like its OKW counterpart since its a mobile TD.
21 Jun 2016, 00:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 00:37 AMRollo

the game is not a vacuum, the vid shows what happens to inf in the open. Of course behind green cover with the panther sitting there things will be different but lets be honest this will never happen.

Lategame you will catch a rifle squad sidecapping a VP, Panther (like the comet) does a pretty good job at killing these squads with the MG's similar to the comet.

no buffs needed, it's already cheaper with better vet.

Late game is full of yellow cover ( beacuse Arty) and sand bag are a thing (and demo 360 no scope green cover)
Btw
MR. smith i see you looking in this post , could you please look for the video you posted on the old panther vs comet post ?
21 Jun 2016, 00:47 AM

Aha it was already post by smith another video where unit are in cover guess who wiped the squad and guess who killed no one?
( now stop being bias and post the other video )

can you post the video? it's not in this thread.

21 Jun 2016, 00:51 AM

can you post the video? it's not in this thread.

unfortunately is in a old post and there's no search function in coh.org but I know it was mr. Smith who posted it , he still had the okw wagon as profile pic
21 Jun 2016, 01:01 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 00:10 AMRollo

this meme has been debunked for a while

Now in the humble words of James Vardy

do we know how made this video btw? I am wondering if that's the okw or ost panther.

edit: after looking at it a bit more closely, I think that panther is actually the ost model. you can tell from the unit portrait and help text as there's a difference between the two.

I had actually thought the panther in the video was the OKW model, as those have a better mg..
21 Jun 2016, 01:22 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

^
I'm sure if you make a search on post history you'll find the video, but it's pretty worthless to do so. It's simple:
-accuracy based AI will lose if you apply 0.5 accuracy/dmg modifiers and veterancy.
-AoE based AI will win againts clumped troops (cover).

Moving accuracy to 0.6 for the Ostheer version just like its OKW counterpart since its a mobile TD.

+1
21 Jun 2016, 09:06 AM

Aha it was already post by smith another video where unit are in cover guess who wiped the squad and guess who killed no one?
( now stop being bias and post the other video )

I've never uploaded any videos to youtube/etc in my life ever D: It must have been something else.

^
I'm sure if you make a search on post history you'll find the video, but it's pretty worthless to do so. It's simple:
-accuracy based AI will lose if you apply 0.5 accuracy/dmg modifiers and veterancy.
-AoE based AI will win againts clumped troops (cover).

Precisely.

The cons (in addition to everything Elchino posted):
- Vehicle-based MGs suffer from accuracy/burst penalties while moving (e.g., to chase). That's about -45% dps off when you are moving
- MG range = 35 (tank-gun range >= 40)
- (unless you are OKW, or the Universal Carrier) Vehicle-based MGs have a very steep drop-off like carbines and weapons like that; they are good at close range, not that good at long range

OST Panther DPS goes from ~33DPS at close range (up to 10) to ~10DPS at extreme-long range
OKW Panther DPS goes from ~28DPS at close range to ~15DPS at extreme-long range

(you almost never want to halt your panther at rifle-nade range)

The pros:
- If my DPS calculation is correct, the sum of all MGs on the Panther outdpses an entire vet3 grenadier squad (at their best range) when you drive it next to the enemy.
21 Jun 2016, 09:33 AM

I've never uploaded any videos to youtube/etc in my life ever D: It must have been something else.

Precisely.

The cons (in addition to everything Elchino posted):
- Vehicle-based MGs suffer from accuracy/burst penalties while moving (e.g., to chase). That's about -45% dps off when you are moving
- MG range = 35 (tank-gun range >= 40)
- (unless you are OKW, or the Universal Carrier) Vehicle-based MGs have a very steep drop-off like carbines and weapons like that; they are good at close range, not that good at long range

OST Panther DPS goes from ~33DPS at close range (up to 10) to ~10DPS at extreme-long range
OKW Panther DPS goes from ~28DPS at close range to ~15DPS at extreme-long range

(you almost never want to halt your panther at rifle-nade range)

The pros:
- If my DPS calculation is correct, the sum of all MGs on the Panther outdpses an entire vet3 grenadier squad (at their best range) when you drive it next to the enemy.

most cannon suffer a 2x scatter penalty when they are moving. While the US sherman only suffer a 1.5 penalty, the comet, cromwell, and the firefly all still suffer the same 2x scatter penalty as the german panther or panzer4.

the british still need learn shoot and scoot if they want to maximize mobility and accuracy.
21 Jun 2016, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2016, 18:17 PMVez
Panther is maybe coutered by TD's because it's a tank you know....

what do you expect from a Panther then?
a damage soaker? get a Tiger
a TD? get a Stug
a anti-inf tank? get a Pz IV
21 Jun 2016, 10:23 AM

Now dat the point is done is anyone contrary to buffing the moving accuracy of ost panther to 0.65 (for the cannon) ?
21 Jun 2016, 10:30 AM

what do you expect from a Panther then?
a damage soaker? get a Tiger
a TD? get a Stug
a anti-inf tank? get a Pz IV

the tiger is doctrinal. The panther is tech tree unit.

the panther is only redundant because the Stug is already so awesome. Trying to buff the panther above the stug is just going to make the panther ridiculous.
21 Jun 2016, 10:34 AM

the tiger is doctrinal. The panther is tech tree unit.

the panther is only redundant because the Stug is already so awesome. Trying to buff the panther above the stug is just going to make the panther ridiculous.

Nerf stug fixes panther confirmed :snfPeter: Quinn already took notes :snfQuinn:
21 Jun 2016, 10:36 AM

You should get a Panther against Allies heavies.
21 Jun 2016, 10:44 AM

You should get a Panther against Allies heavies*.

*IS-2, ISU and KV-2 as nothing else has enough armor for panther to matter over StuG.
21 Jun 2016, 10:49 AM

As of now its completely useless in 1 vs 1,getting one is tantamount to loss.Even in 2 vs 2 very very risky.Only good for long 4 vs 4 games.Its a redundant tank with no teeth.
Increase the dmg to 240 or -reload.Or move back price to 155 fuel.
Alternatively moving the -% reload bonus to vet 0 could also work.
21 Jun 2016, 10:54 AM

Replace vet 2 +160 hp and +10% armor with -30% reload, +20% accuracy, vet 3 - +30% penetration, + 10% range.
21 Jun 2016, 10:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jun 2016, 10:54 AMNEVEC
Replace vet 2 +160 hp and +10% armor with -30% reload, +20% accuracy, vet 3 - +30% penetration, + 10% range.

Will change nothing...we dont want huge vet 2 and 3 bonuses as panther will rarely make it there.What is needed is bringing that reload bonus to vet 0.And it certainly doesnt need more useless penetration.Nice try at attempting to make it look more imposing on paper but useless in practice.
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS