Login

russian armor

Role of the sturmpioneer in upcoming patch

19 Jun 2016, 22:03 PM

I still don't understand why Schrecks on volks aren't ok but usf still gets to keep their bazooka spam. Usf can easily field twice as much handheld at.

19 Jun 2016, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 22:03 PMsinthe
I still don't understand why Schrecks on volks aren't ok but usf still gets to keep their bazooka spam. Usf can easily field twice as much handheld at.

+1
19 Jun 2016, 22:11 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Greater cost opportunity with 2 zooks.
19 Jun 2016, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 15:02 PMmedhood

The guard PTRS will still be able to one shot infantry if it hits them, unlike other handheld AT weapons next patch

Oh yeah, that 27 dmg will blow all that 80 hp infantry away in 1 hit. :snfBarton:
19 Jun 2016, 23:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 22:11 PMVuther

Greater cost opportunity with 2 zooks.

Not really. Zooks can be picked up by any unit and can carry 2 per unit. RE with 2 zooks are cheaper mp and only 30 muni more.

I understand 5 Schrecks on the field are broken. But limiting one schreck per truck would easily bring that into line w/o having to redesign the faction.
19 Jun 2016, 23:06 PM

even if you will give usf faction shrek spam it wont really help cos usf is facing King tigers ,tigers,panthers .

okw is facing usf paper tanks so even zooks will do great vs shermans or t34

i understend thet when you drive on your heavy ass tank you dont see the common problems we poor usf players feel
19 Jun 2016, 23:23 PM
Patrion 14

To answer the topic title, the role of Sturmpioneers will be for noobs to blob them in team games and me racking up XPs from those sweet Sturmpios dead.

- 2 individually weaker (but faster firing) AT weapons for 120 ammo on a 280 manpower squad, reducing their AI potential by 40%
- one strong AT handheld for 90 ammo on a 300 manpower squad, reducing its AI potential by 25%.

The real question is why do you feel it was okay for a squad that is cheaper and more spammable than Riflemen (moreso than Rifles are cheaper than Sturms, btw) to have access to a stronger AT weapon than Riflemen.

I think people underestimate the actual impact of the AT vs infantry nerf. Schrecks and zooks will now inflict paltry damage to infantry, so now two doublezooked Riflesquads will have just barely higher anti infantry firepower of one vanilla riflesquad (granted, with much easier cover destruction).

OKW got a snare, raketenwerfer buff, and stock MG; yet people still complain.
19 Jun 2016, 23:29 PM
Donator 11

yet ostheer is "fine" with their fausts and paks and 222? Why must OKW always be noobproof?
19 Jun 2016, 23:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 22:47 PMKatitof

Oh yeah, that 27 dmg will blow all that 80 hp infantry away in 1 hit. :snfBarton:

Oh I thought I read somewhere they one-shot, my bad
19 Jun 2016, 23:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 23:02 PMsinthe

Not really. Zooks can be picked up by any unit and can carry 2 per unit. RE with 2 zooks are cheaper mp and only 30 muni more.

I understand 5 Schrecks on the field are broken. But limiting one schreck per truck would easily bring that into line w/o having to redesign the faction.

- 2 individually weaker (but faster firing) AT weapons for 120 ammo on a 280 manpower squad, reducing their AI potential by 40%
- one strong AT handheld for 90 ammo on a 300 manpower squad, reducing its AI potential by 25%.

I think people underestimate the actual impact of the AT vs infantry nerf. Schrecks and zooks will now inflict paltry damage to infantry, so now two doublezooked Riflesquads will have just barely higher anti infantry firepower of one vanilla riflesquad (granted, with much easier cover destruction).

That cost opportunity.

...or was it opportunity cost?
20 Jun 2016, 02:47 AM
Patrion 27

Hey, I'm just stating a fact and the simple truth, when I was fighting for the MG34 to be in the default OKW Army roaster everybody jumped on my and went ape shit because that made them "too much like the Wehr", well sorry to burst your bubble buddy but the OKW is the late war Western front version of the German Army while the Wehrmacht or Ostheer should be the early war Eastern front one, so no duh they would have similar equipment and units, sorta, they're both German. So if you're taking the simple truth as offensive, especially on the internet, well then that's just your problem, my comments are probably going to be made invisible either way because I "offended" you so whatever, I don't care anymore.

"Everybody" was wrong and you were right? Dude, you're a sociopath. :luvDerp:
20 Jun 2016, 03:25 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jun 2016, 23:48 PMVuther
That cost opportunity.

...or was it opportunity cost?
Well I mean, it's true that units other than rifles can pick up zooks, but I don't hear anyone complaining about doublezook Rear Echelon blob.
20 Jun 2016, 03:33 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Well I mean, it's true that units other than rifles can pick up zooks, but I don't hear anyone complaining about doublezook Rear Echelon blob.

Well, someome has to play against SPrice. :luvCarrot:
20 Jun 2016, 04:58 AM

first of all, the bazooka have trouble penetrating axis medium, unlike the schreck.

secondly, the bazooka can easily be nerfed and were crap for a while. the USF doesn't really depend on them, making it easier to lower the bazooka's effectiveness without breaking the faction.

it was either nerfing the schreck or replacing it.
20 Jun 2016, 05:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2016, 03:33 AMVuther

Well, someome has to play against SPrice. :luvCarrot:

Since the price increase, RE blob is a death sentence for USF unless it is team games and you have enough muni to equip RE with LMG.
20 Jun 2016, 05:09 AM

first of all, the bazooka have trouble penetrating axis medium, unlike the schreck.

secondly, the bazooka can easily be nerfed and were crap for a while. the USF doesn't really depend on them, making it easier to lower the bazooka's effectiveness without breaking the faction.

it was either nerfing the schreck or replacing it.

I'd prefer to rather allow only one bazooka per squad. The only exception for this will be the captain. The caption should get 2 bazookas for 80 munitions via his upgrade. The limitation would not be achieved by increasing the amount of slots it takes up just for the sake of allowing infantry to pick up an additional slot item.

This should decrease the amount of bazookas you'd see. If not, it would hopefully at least be a step along the way towards a better future.
20 Jun 2016, 05:23 AM

"Everybody" was wrong and you were right? Dude, you're a sociopath. :luvDerp:

You're either mentally ill or can't read, where did I say everybody else was wrong and I was right? I only said everyone else jumped on the "But they'll be too similar to the Wehrmacht!" bandwagon, nothing more, nothing less.

And before the moderators make my comments invisible again for offensive speech, I am also offended by being called a "sociopath" and getting words pulled out of my mouth that I never said or wrote. So there, if I'm going down I'm taking you with me.
20 Jun 2016, 06:51 AM

So where's the problem here exactly, the Allies are against this either way now so... most of the matches are team games anyway so it really just doesn't make that much of a big difference and besides, Luftwaffe and Fortifications are the most used OKW doctrines just because of the MG34 and because they're overall good, I feel right at home with the OKW once I take Fortifications, especially now that they're getting the LefH and MG34 by default. And again, if you decide to go for MG opening, that will effectively delay your tech-ing and other main line unit production and like most Allied pros say, just go around the Bofors (in this case the MG34/42 + Sturmpioneer combo) and wait for proper firepower to deal with it, hell the Brits have flamethrowers doctrinally now, so if you got a Soviet or USF Ally you can work together like the Wehr and OKW players are and cover the flamethrower sappers with smoke, especially now that the USF is getting a mobile mortar team. Coordination and communication is what wins games dude, no matter the odds, well, we're not talking about really OP and broken balance or bugged things like the OKW in the beginning for example but yeah, UKF and USF combo proves to be a worthy opponent to any Axis team.

Don't you understand Relic is balancing the game around 1vs1? omygod :help:

Open your eyes, do something.
20 Jun 2016, 07:06 AM

Volks were cheap Infantry with poor AI ability, given decent AT ability. Riflemen are somewhat expensive Infantry with good AI ability, and can buy meh AT ability. Riflemen have a lot more to lose for less to gain than Volksgrenadiers did.
20 Jun 2016, 07:08 AM
Patrion 27

You're either mentally ill or can't read, where did I say everybody else was wrong and I was right? I only said everyone else jumped on the "But they'll be too similar to the Wehrmacht!" bandwagon, nothing more, nothing less.

And before the moderators make my comments invisible again for offensive speech, I am also offended by being called a "sociopath" and getting words pulled out of my mouth that I never said or wrote. So there, if I'm going down I'm taking you with me.

You are a hardcore flamer Bro. You're at a ten in this thread when the rest of us are at a two.

It's gonna be a struggle for me to take your opinions on this stuff seriously when you have 12 total matches played.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★