Login

russian armor

So uhm, how do you even counter this?

16 Jul 2016, 09:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2016, 07:18 AMUnited
double mortars or rush a FHT

Never spend manpower on normal mortars vs emplacements. Flame HT might be nice if there is no Bofors and no AT gun, otherwise pretty useless. Maybe if you get in under 5min min mark. Best counter is probably spotting scopes + pak, or save for LeFh with Ostheer recoup losses. The Counterbarage is a timed ability now that cost ammo, it might decrew the LeFh once, but it will not keep up.

Other option (and the best one imo) is secure flanks get some tanks > rush base. with 3 P4 you can kill brit base in a min.
17 Jul 2016, 13:38 PM

Never spend manpower on normal mortars vs emplacements.

Actually mortars are great vs emplacements. Two will destroy them quickly, wipe sappers repairing it and the unit inside while you can reinforce with a HT to keep up a constant barrage if he fires back (which means he's not firing on your units, so you can attack with them no problem). And mortars are great against the rest of UKF's units too.
17 Jul 2016, 18:10 PM

Actually mortars are great vs emplacements. Two will destroy them quickly, wipe sappers repairing it and the unit inside while you can reinforce with a HT to keep up a constant barrage if he fires back (which means he's not firing on your units, so you can attack with them no problem). And mortars are great against the rest of UKF's units too.

I mean vs Advanced emplacements (the doctrine) facing bofors + mortar pit in a 1v1 scenario. Like topic start. And no, its terrible. PM me if you want to test it ;)
17 Jul 2016, 18:36 PM

I mean vs Advanced emplacements (the doctrine) facing bofors + mortar pit in a 1v1 scenario. Like topic start. And no, its terrible. PM me if you want to test it ;)

Right, I assumed you meant vs emplacements in general. I haven't actually played as or against advanced emplacements so can't comment on that, and I can indeed see how the improved defenses, automated repairs and counter-battery add up to making them ineffective if you give him time and space to get that up. But against normal emplacements I know they're great.
17 Jul 2016, 19:13 PM

Right, I assumed you meant vs emplacements in general. I haven't actually played as or against advanced emplacements so can't comment on that, and I can indeed see how the improved defenses, automated repairs and counter-battery add up to making them ineffective if you give him time and space to get that up. But against normal emplacements I know they're great.

Give him time? Rushing a bofors is pretty easy and can deny a good deal of the map if you combine it with tommies, a vickers and a 6 pounder. This snowballs into full emplacement cancer with a sweet comet stall. Good luck preventing it as Ostheer, since being agressive isn't very effective early game as you lack the tools to quickly exploit any early agression to end the game.
17 Jul 2016, 21:47 PM

Give him time? Rushing a bofors is pretty easy and can deny a good deal of the map if you combine it with tommies, a vickers and a 6 pounder. This snowballs into full emplacement cancer with a sweet comet stall. Good luck preventing it as Ostheer, since being agressive isn't very effective early game as you lack the tools to quickly exploit any early agression to end the game.

If he rushes a bofors, all you have to do is barrage it with a pair of mortars and then drive in a flammen HT when it braces. Mortars are good against UKF anyway and so is the HT, so there's no inconvenience in getting that nor do you need to wait and see if he's getting a bofors or not. If you gave him enough time to get a bofors, a 6 pounder, and then enough mines so that you can't flank it with your flammen, I think skill is a bigger issue than countering the brits.
23 Jul 2016, 20:00 PM

If he rushes a bofors, all you have to do is barrage it with a pair of mortars and then drive in a flammen HT when it braces. Mortars are good against UKF anyway and so is the HT, so there's no inconvenience in getting that nor do you need to wait and see if he's getting a bofors or not. If you gave him enough time to get a bofors, a 6 pounder, and then enough mines so that you can't flank it with your flammen, I think skill is a bigger issue than countering the brits.

Haha, Fair enough. You are allowed to have your fair share of delusions.
23 Jul 2016, 21:39 PM

Good luck preventing it as Ostheer, since being agressive isn't very effective early game as you lack the tools to quickly exploit any early agression to end the game.

Sometimes I use assault grens in maps without buildings near key capture points. Otherwise, I go sniper against Brit building rush. If he still goes emplacements vs my sniper, then he wont have enough mp for counter sniper or a 6 pounder for my 444/flame ht.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★