Login

russian armor

How to deal with Stuart Spam?

18 Jun 2016, 05:31 AM

Permanently Banned
Ostheer has a hard time against USF even before a single vehicle hits the field. But what do you do when your opponent goes for 3 stuarts? I was able to knock one out with a teller but there was still 2 and most players will only have one pak which well u see the problem already. I'm not sure how he had the fuel for 3 stuarts cuz i had firm control of my fuel point for the entire game. And all i saw were muni caches. This is the easiest victory i've seen. All he did was rush the stuarts into the pak and then slaughter my mgs and charge his infantry and break my lines. Then quickly repair the damaged stuart and base rape before i can get another pak. GG. How would I know that he wants to spam Stuarts and gamble it all in the early game? Tier 3 just doesn't come fast enough even when my fuel point was NEVER harassed.
18 Jun 2016, 05:38 AM
18 Jun 2016, 06:05 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hello Incendiary Rounds,

Your opponent going for 3 Stuarts means he spent 210, plus 60 fuel for the Captain tier. That's a grand total of 270 fuel. For WM,you could have teched up to T3 (assuming you didn't build any light vehicles) Fuel: (T1)10+(BP1)40+(T2)20+(BP2)45+(T3)75=190, which is 80 fuel less than what he spent. Not far from a P4 or a StuG III G.

If you kept 2 Grenadier squads together with your Pak 40 (you killed 1 with a Teller) and moved them supporting each other, you could have dealt with them. If he charges with the Stuarts, Faust them, and pull your Pak back at the same time. Once they both have engine damage, blow them to pieces. It's fine if one gets away, by that time your Fausts would have recharged, and you might have even built a P4 or a StuG.

Alternatively, you could call in a Puma from the Mobile Defense Commander if you see him field so many Stuarts (or lots of light vehicles, for that matter). Spot for it, keep it a significant distance away from the Stuarts (their Stun AB is incredibly strong), and go for a P4 out of T3 instead of a StuG first. That combination should allow you to effectively deal with the situation at hand.

Hope that helped!
24 Jun 2016, 01:21 AM

Panzershreks. Stuarts aren't good vs infantry.

Pumas are good if you have the fuel/doctrine.
24 Jun 2016, 13:56 PM

If he builds 3 stuarts be thankful. They are now overinvested in the captain tier and you can afford to get 2 paks or 1 stug. The advice above about keeping grens together is quite good as well. Never leave a pak alone, that is what he wants. You can leave the gren behind a shot blocker near the pak to ensure you get the faust off when he dives.

Use of tellers would have been a good idea as well, and you should feel free to get shreks as Boar also suggested. That many stuarts means he has no ability to field medium tanks for the forseeable future and you should exploit this.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★