Login

russian armor

Predictions for win rates after JUNE BALANCE UPDATE

17 Jun 2016, 12:36 PM

This is a prediction and as such might turn out to be wrong.

I predict that:
OKW will increase their win rates but mostly against UKF
USF will increase their win rates mostly against Wer
Soviet will increase their win rates mostly against Wer
Wer will decrease their win rates maybe win against UKF.
UKF will will decrease their win rates.

In addition heavy tank like Tiger and above will be used far less (accept IS-2 maybe).
17 Jun 2016, 12:38 PM
Senior Mapmaker Badge

17 Jun 2016, 12:39 PM
Benefactor 392

bad people will play badly and good people will play good.
17 Jun 2016, 12:43 PM

Is this another thread about Wehrmacht being the UP faction? Certainly reads like that.
17 Jun 2016, 12:43 PM

Like this but with more options and BOs for all armies.
17 Jun 2016, 12:57 PM

WHat Kaitoif said - with the possible exception of a brief dip in OKW wins (from all those Shrek blob tards who don't know how to win otherwise)
17 Jun 2016, 13:03 PM

From a 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2perspective

OKW and USF midgame was buffed

The .50 Cal buff makes the Leut tier much more attractive and Viable once more

The StGs and Panzerfaust make Volks grenadiers much more versatile and allow them to scale much better

The Shreck to Sturmpioneers and the Raketen buff add much more strategy to OKW

Although the Side teching also introduces much more decision making I think most people will buy Medics early game and purchase their Repair Pioneers after their 1st or 2nd tank

USF Lategame is also much stronger now

The Major Artillery allows USF to deal with fortified positions in the late game without having to go Infantry or Tactical Support Company

The Scott buff also will make USF able to punish blobs much better late game aswell as helping out dealing with enemy weapons teams

The Jackson buffs will allow it to kite and skirmish much more efficiently than before

tldr USF stronger in both game modes, OKW mid game stronger but late game weaker

UKF was mostly nerfed in team games but
The early game bonus manpower and UC buff wont allow UKF to be overwehlmed as easily by superior infantry forces aswell as helping it deal with snipers much better

The Land Mattress nerfs were very much needed as it was a no brainer point and click, low skill but much reward

Cromwell will hopefully act more as a 110 f tank but its crushing still needs nerfing, it can be good at crushing high concentrations of infantry but should be bad as crushing lone squads at the moment this is still needs to be addressed

The Advanced Emplacements nerfs was much needed for team games especially the counter-artillery no more will rank 1000s and below will give good players so much trouble with their annoying low skill cancer commander, this will make Axis much more enjoyable

tldr Brits are stronger in 1v1 but weaker in above

Soviets, the penal changes are nice making their t1 more viable although I predict a slight nerf to them in the future as I feel theyre a wee bit OP and the Su-85 changes making it more consistent and differentiating it from the su-76 is also good
Although I feel the t70, For the Motherland and Democharges need to eventually be looked at

tldr Soviets have more viable strategies

Wehrmacht still needs the 222 addressed as for 15 f and 210 mp this unit over performs greatly and a look at the Stuka dive bomb and Railway artillery these abilities should not be usable in bases, I also think some sort of upgrade for Grens (100 mp upgrade for each squad for a 5th man?) would be useful so that every game it isnt Sniper for a change to win

tldr Wehrmacht feels unchanged to me

Also no more entire squads lost to 30 muni :D

Overall its a decent patch 7/10 in my opinion
18 Jun 2016, 05:18 AM

Permanently Banned
My prediction is that USF will completely trash Ostheer. USF players are getting everything they've ever wanted. First, they complain about no late game or heavy armour. Relic introduces Pershing. Heavy Cav is hands down the most popular. Not to mention the rest of the doctrine is ridiculously useful. Then they complain that Shermans and Jacksons suck. Now the Sherman can almost 1v1 a p4 and will handily beat it in anti-inf. Now the Jackson is getting more buffs. Now USF players must have complained about mgs. So Relic is giving them a tier 0 mortar. WOW. Meanwhile Ostheer is in total neglect for years and has received almost nothing but nerfs to its late game. Even the early game is getting nerfed (sniper, the only way to bleed USF). And the buffs that Ost is getting this patch are laughable. Pios building sandbags. Really? The so-called defensive faction after 3 years is finally allowed sandbags. What about non-doc trenches like the brits which Relic states as having "the ability to choose between mobility and defense (and ostheer can't choose mobility)." Also, the bundled grenade is finally getting the damage it deserves. The bloody 45 muni nade is worse than most 30 muni nades (USF nades, rifle nades.) And making tier 3 and 4 cheaper won't do much to encourage tier 4 play if the panther is still as trash as it was before the patch.
18 Jun 2016, 05:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 12:43 PMKatitof

Like this but with more options and BOs for all armies.

Pretty much. I don't see anything glaringly OP/UP in the patch notes that will throw one team under the bus or rocket another to the top.

I can see the OKW stats falling a bit due to the shreck change, at least for a little while. Really the only team that might end up "below average" is Ost, especially against USF, as MG usage won't be as effective due to the USF mortar.

Otherwise, you're going to see around 0.56 to 0.58 across the board.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★