Login

russian armor

June 21st Balance update

PAGES (19)down
17 Jun 2016, 14:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 14:27 PMRappy
Disappointed they haven't dealt with the Cromwell Hyper Crush yet. Seems totally bogus since OKW no longer have blobbable anything. And how many months til they deal with the USF mega-blobs? Seems one sided still. They had months to make this good (test out new ideas) and they pretty much stuck with their initial thoughts.

Did you missed the part where OKW have faust now?
17 Jun 2016, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 20:36 PMNosliw

What remains unpredictable is that the opponent doesn't know about the mine. Having a predictable outcome to a mistake though is nice. Imagine you drove your new KT onto the field and it hit a mine and gets immobilized from full heatlth. Then the russian drops airplane bombs on it and it dies. How is that fair or balanced? You shouldn't lose games etc from pure chance.

That's not pure chance though. You know soviets can get mines. You know your KT will be pretty much immobile if you hit one, no matter the critical. You know it can then die to a bombing run. There is very little 'unlucky' about you taking the risk of driving where there are mines and then getting it crippled because there are plenty of ways you can prevent yourself from ever ending up in this situation.

That said, less RNG is definitely better for a competitive game, even if that might not cause as many 'cool' moments (which most of the time are more frustrating than fun to play anyway).
17 Jun 2016, 14:44 PM

Yeah, that gunner priority change completely baffles me, why not just remove the Death loop, like with MG42 and Vickers

I somehow had the death loop happen to me with an mg42 as well. The three extra models were behind a building and the gunner beside. He got killed and I was suppressed. I retreated and the extra models kept crawling to the gun to try and pick it up and they all died while trying to retreat. This is a good change
17 Jun 2016, 15:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 14:10 PMspajn

Do you even play 1v1? On many maps you can build sim city near the middle of the map and you can mortar and arty all to their base...

No, I don't play 1v1. However, I am guessing that since there are no HMG walls in 1v1, things are a little less static (and, thus, mortars are a little less effective).

I'm not saying, in any way, that emplacement spam will become acceptable in 1v1. I'm just saying that absolutely nothing changed with respect to emplacement spam on other modes where counter-battery couldn't reach anyway.

(well, except for the starting manpower boost; this was needed for aggressive Brits, but we all know it's going to go towards the first mortar pit).
17 Jun 2016, 15:49 PM
Donator 11

Infantry and team weapon units coming from production buildings is the stupidest thing they did in this patch. Its gonna be bad for the Brits and Americans
17 Jun 2016, 15:58 PM

Infantry blob no longer can come into mg and snipe gunner, i like it.
17 Jun 2016, 15:58 PM

After that long break it kinda gets annoying to read the same author every 4 posts..again :/
17 Jun 2016, 15:59 PM

I wonder if the lefH will have 5 levels of vet. If it does, wonder what they will be.
17 Jun 2016, 16:46 PM

Infantry and team weapon units coming from production buildings is the stupidest thing they did in this patch. Its gonna be bad for the Brits and Americans

How does this directly nerf Brits and USFs? They spawn from their bases now too. It only slightly buffs soveits Ostheer and OKW. Ostheer and soviets have to retest their pios or CEs to build tier structures anyways. This is good compensation for that.

OKW still have their volks Spios and now mg34s spawning from their main HQ so that also doesn't make a difference. Really don't see why you think this is a stupid change.
17 Jun 2016, 17:12 PM

How does this directly nerf Brits and USFs? They spawn from their bases now too. It only slightly buffs soveits Ostheer and OKW. Ostheer and soviets have to retest their pios or CEs to build tier structures anyways. This is good compensation for that.

OKW still have their volks Spios and now mg34s spawning from their main HQ so that also doesn't make a difference. Really don't see why you think this is a stupid change.

It's directly nerf. Soviet and Ostheer can place the building at forward position, allow their 2nd unit move to combat faster.

Albeit it's just small second lag, but at beginning of the game, it's enough for player to lose because of building meta.
17 Jun 2016, 17:20 PM

It's directly nerf. Soviet and Ostheer can place the building at forward position, allow their 2nd unit move to combat faster.

Albeit it's just small second lag, but at beginning of the game, it's enough for player to lose because of building meta.

They also need to delay initial unit to build that forward tier...
17 Jun 2016, 17:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 17:20 PMKatitof

They also need to delay initial unit to build that forward tier...

It's the same until now and there is no problem even on high ranking game, since they access to wider variety of units to counter any kind of threat.
17 Jun 2016, 18:02 PM

Doesn't the volk stg 44 upgrade look scary? That stuff ignores cover as I understand it? They will slaughter infantry like never before...
17 Jun 2016, 18:13 PM

Doesn't the volk stg 44 upgrade look scary? That stuff ignores cover as I understand it? They will slaughter infantry like never before...

You're confused.

They are not getting ober IR STGs.

They are getting STG equivalent of con ppsh.
17 Jun 2016, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 18:13 PMKatitof

You're confused.

are these stgs a different weapon altogether or the same stg the sturms and pgs use?
17 Jun 2016, 18:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 18:22 PMSmaug

are these stgs a different weapon altogether or the same stg the sturms and pgs use?

Since SPs and PGs use a different version between themselves too, probably also different altogether.
17 Jun 2016, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 18:22 PMSmaug

are these stgs a different
It is a downgraded version of sturms STG from my experience, though I don't have access to the files atm so can't tell for sure

I wonder if the lefH will have 5 levels of vet. If it does, wonder what they will be.
Hopefully smoke barrage at vet 1 and increased damage (200) at vet 5.

After that long break it kinda gets annoying to read the same author every 4 posts..again :/
:thumb: Really, hopefully they get the hint.
17 Jun 2016, 19:27 PM

so now when we build obers or the leig they will come out for the medic truck and the flak hq?
17 Jun 2016, 19:50 PM

Anyways, very nice changes.

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 18:13 PMKatitof

You're confused.

Ah, ok that's good then.
17 Jun 2016, 20:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 19:27 PMBanillo
so now when we build obers or the leig they will come out for the medic truck and the flak hq?
no its only for infantry. So for okw the only change will be obers emerging from a tunnel underneath the schwerer truck. Either that or they are in frozen amnio stasis enclosures in the truck itself, ready for reanimation.
PAGES (19)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS