Login

russian armor

First time vs OKW 1v1

15 Jun 2016, 20:16 PM

I am not a good player i know, but i am trying. This is my first game vs OKW and i think my biggest struggle was finding answer to Sturmpioneers and recovering after i got wrecked on 20. minute. I´d be glad for any advice i can get.
P.S please use full names while describing some things, i am still not very aware of some terms you are commonly using. Thanks
15 Jun 2016, 21:11 PM

An important thing is not to wait till 1 man of a squad is left before you retreat.. you also can push the retreat button immediately if you know you wont win the engagement (e. g. Sturmpioneers at full health are right in front of a single conscript squad at short distance) If you verse OKW , you definetely need maxims to support your inf.. means, push with the maxims also and dont idle with them in the background while you push :) Oh and keep a cool head when you loose much map control in the early game... an agressive pushing OKW is quite standard
15 Jun 2016, 21:12 PM

Also lay mines on key paths, try to get early AT nades and an early pak in case the OKW rushes with a Luchs
15 Jun 2016, 21:22 PM

Also lay mines on key paths, try to get early AT nades and an early pak in case the OKW rushes with a Luchs

Thanks a lot
16 Jun 2016, 03:43 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Will update with something substantial tomorrow.
20 Jun 2016, 18:00 PM

Will take a look at it
20 Jun 2016, 19:08 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I am not a good player i know, but i am trying. This is my first game vs OKW and i think my biggest struggle was finding answer to Sturmpioneers and recovering after i got wrecked on 20. minute. I´d be glad for any advice i can get.
P.S please use full names while describing some things, i am still not very aware of some terms you are commonly using. Thanks

SHEEEEEEEIT I forgot to post it.

So you did ok in the early game. The biggest thing you messed up was not sending your engineers out to capture, they may be bad at fighting but they can cap just as fast as conscripts. Second biggest problem was positioning your troops. As conscripts, they are good at close range. When fighting volks you want them as close as possible to them to maximize your advantage over them. Especially when you get PPSHs out, you want to be right up next to them. At long range they wont do anything. Here is an example of bad positioning:

You want to Oorah right up next to them and demolish them with the PPSHs. Remember that smgs are good at close range, just like in real life.

At 7 mins you were doing fine, never lost your fuel and the match was fairly even. At this point the flak halftrack came out and you started to lose track of some of your units, getting some squads wiped every so often. Once you saw the OKW truck being built you attacked it at long range with your conscripts while it was undefended. Instead you should run right up to it and try to do as much damage as possible. If you had done that you wouldn't have lost your first t-70 trying to finish it off.

Once the luchs came out you really had a tough time keeping track of your conscripts, which led to a bunch of them getting wiped. I don't know what else to tell you besides practice more. You will get better at following the game over time. If you wanted to kill the luchs quickly you should have gone for the SU-76 instead of the t-70, it does much more damage to vehicles and will be safer from volksgrenadiers and the raketenwerfer. Once you got your SU-76 last, you had it firing at infantry. Really not worth it, you can select the prioritize vehicles button to get it to shoot at vehicles, because that is all it is good for. There is also a free barrage ability, that is just like the one on the Zis at-gun that will let you do some damage to infantry with it.

In the end you lost the game because you didn't hold the vps. This is mostly due to you losing your cons and not capping with your engineers. Work on your micro and making sure all your units are being useful.

Random tips:
- ABC Always-Be-Capping
- Practice more and your micro will improve
- Learn the optimum engagement ranges for different units and try to get them there. In general bolt action rifles and lmgs are good at long range, semi autos are good at mid and close, and smgs are great at short. It's a bit more complicated than that, but you will learn most of it through practice
- Cover only works directrionally except for craters. You want the cover in between your squad and the enemy, just because you have the cover icon come up doesn't mean it is helping.
21 Jun 2016, 06:30 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jun 2016, 19:08 PMTobis

Random tips:
- ABC Always-Be-Capping
- Practice more and your micro will improve
- Learn the optimum engagement ranges for different units and try to get them there. In general bolt action rifles and lmgs are good at long range, semi autos are good at mid and close, and smgs are great at short. It's a bit more complicated than that, but you will learn most of it through practice
- Cover only works directrionally except for craters. You want the cover in between your squad and the enemy, just because you have the cover icon come up doesn't mean it is helping.

Thanks Tobis, that may introduce me more into depth of the game. All my previous games was just Oshteer building 3 MGs camping them to houses at VPs.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★