Login

russian armor

Bofors and Mortar Pit

15 Jun 2016, 21:44 PM

*snip*
Hope this clarifies things for you.

Yeah it does, but could've gone without that last sentence TBH.
UKF can be cancer at times
15 Jun 2016, 23:16 PM

I had some games against double Brits in 2v2 today and I still think that Brits made the game so much MUCH MUCH worse.

While it was somehow balanced with WFA and fun to play, fun to win and even to lose, Brits just took the fun out of playing as Germans.

I cannot play more than 3 games a day as Germans because it is so fucking frustrating to play against Brits and absolutely zero point zero fun.

If only I knew what was going to come when I thought "wow these P42 strafing runs are really strong" back then...

This faction is fucking cancer. I also play it and it is ridiculous how forgivable Sim City is. Brace needs to be removed. Brits have amazing units, give them a usual Mortar and remove that toxic Bofors.

The only non doctrinal counter is ISGs but they also bleed so fucking much that you need them to be placed near a Medic HQ. And guess what? If the enemy sees the HQ, then say goodbye because these British bombers will wreck the place like Dresden '45. Yes I am salty because I like CoH2. I love this game, but since the Brits, playing (anything else than Brits themselves) is no fun. Absolutely not at all. You play because there is nothing else you can play in this genre. CoH2 wins the price for the best balanced and most fun popular WW2 RTS game with 3/10 stars. Other competitors: None. (Don't start with MOW, the community is even smaller than CoH's)

There is so much anti fun that Brits (re-)introduced:

• Bofors, an area denial that kills everything that is not retreating in less than 2 seconds with a highly lethal and pinning barrage that counters its counters. Many people answer to this that OKW also has his Schwerer Panzer HQ, but keep in mind that this one costs 500MP + 130 Fuel, doesn't kill anything instantly, has no barrage, the player can't give attack orders and if you lose it you are screwed. If the Brit loses his Bofors, he builds another one. 280MP/30Fuel, so what.
  • Brace, a get out of the jail card that lets your emplacements survive if they are attacked.
  • The bullshit race to the cutoff buildings. After the game starts you have to IMMEDIATELY get into the building at your fuel point, because once the Brit has an MG inside it you can leave the area with your whole army.
  • Mortar Cover and the Bombing run. You can't place your HQs outside your base when playing against Brits as OKW because they will die with one click.
  • Advanced Emplacement Doctrine. Seriously the guy who thought this was a good idea should have to train on a bycicle with a dildo wrapped up with barbed wire instead of a seat at least twice a week.
  • A medium tank that crushes everything that doesn't retreat instantly. At least this gets fixed. But not the Cromwell itself, rather remove that feature, because why not.
  • Tulips. Yeah I know, they are a skillshots and I also somehow find them cool. But destroying most German medium tanks with one shot (shoot + double Tulip hit) is stupid.
  • Gammon grenades that are satchel charges with a one second timer.
  • God damned mortar pits that cover at least two victory points and shoot two grenades at once.

I am so salty I can't believe it. There is no game in this world where I get the nearest bit of salty but this stupid game. I play League of Legends, the mother of salt, where small children have smurf accounts just to bash other players and you know what? I don't give the slightes fuck if I get stomped in 15 games in a row, I play Mario Kart and eat a blue shell and multiple red ones + rockets 5m before the finish line when being #1 but CoH is somehow a bit different.

Losing just doesn't feel deserved because losing in CoH2 means losing to cheese, RNG and other bullshit in 9 of 10 times. If my enemy micros better and uses his troops better then I have no problem with losing at all. But losing against someone who rushed his Vickers MG to my cutoff point at lost glider, preventing me from getting anything but my base ressources without being able to do anything as OKW makes me want to hit someone on the head so hard that he comes out in China.

I'm gonna quote myself:

Thanks for the read, I'm gonna roll myself in a sea of french fries to make something out of the bag of salt I am.
16 Jun 2016, 00:38 AM

Barring emplacement-favouring playstyles, I would say that Brits made the game way more interesting when it comes to teamgames:
- Games are no longer completely decided on the first 8 minutes.
- The 4-man squads necessitated the nerf of the turbosniper and the turbomortar

On topic:
- The Mortar Pit is just wrong (can't counter with infantry).
- Schewer/Bofors wiping retreating squads is just wrong.
- Until the emplacement system is fixed/scrapped/revamped brace is a necessary evil.
- Otherwise, removing brace will push turtly-Brits to turtle even further.
- I hope that Mortar Pits will not be joining us for CoH3.

(you will literally have to babysit brace-free emplacements; and there's no unit more cost efficient at defending than... more emplacements!)
16 Jun 2016, 01:52 AM

I had some games against double Brits in 2v2 today and I still think that Brits made the game so much MUCH MUCH worse.

While it was somehow balanced with WFA and fun to play, fun to win and even to lose, Brits just took the fun out of playing as Germans.

It has never been fun to lose against OKW in team games. Ever. Shrek blobs into panthers and heavy tanks every game.
16 Jun 2016, 04:27 AM

It has never been fun to lose against OKW in team games. Ever. Shrek blobs into panthers and heavy tanks every game.

I know that this is the case and you are correct, but in my opinion one bullshit doesn't justifies another one.
Let's hope the OKW problem is being solved with the upcoming patch. The Brits on the other hand stay almost the same besides the nerfs to the Cancer Commander (thank God).
16 Jun 2016, 04:51 AM

I know that this is the case and you are correct, but in my opinion one bullshit doesn't justifies another one.
Let's hope the OKW problem is being solved with the upcoming patch. The Brits on the other hand stay almost the same besides the nerfs to the Cancer Commander (thank God).

I don't like emplacements, but unfortunately the faction wouldn't be viable on most maps if they were nerfed heavily. If you told me the Brits were getting a big overhaul I'd be happy, because I like the faction outside of the static nonsense.

I can't believe they brought emplacements back for the second game since people hated them so much in the first.
16 Jun 2016, 06:28 AM
Patrion 14

i agree they need adjusting but i dont agree with OP's solution.

maybe we can have a cone for both and you need to micro like the old pack howie/ISG. and rotating would take a bit more time.
16 Jun 2016, 06:55 AM

Losing just doesn't feel deserved because losing in CoH2 means losing to cheese, RNG and other bullshit in 9 of 10 times. If my enemy micros better and uses his troops better then I have no problem with losing at all. But losing against someone who rushed his Vickers MG to my cutoff point at lost glider, preventing me from getting anything but my base ressources without being able to do anything as OKW makes me want to hit someone on the head so hard that he comes out in China.

Like you say, it's a cheese and you can do exactly the same with Ostheer vs USF/UKF and force sov to early tech molotov. It has nothing to do with UKF being stronger or OP.

I don't like emplacement concept neither but I have to say it is quite balance actually, you have the tools to counter it.
16 Jun 2016, 18:00 PM

Bofors needs to be decrewable and then brit will be forced to recrew/reinforce it constantly if damaged that will cost manpower and bleed.Either that or it should have cone like AT gun.

Mortar pit just needs falt out range reduction a bit,it should be 10 range greater than normal mortar...not cover half of smaller maps.Cost can be reduced to 350.
16 Jun 2016, 18:09 PM

Also, doing damage to emplacements needs to give units more vet. German indirecrs get almost no exp for damage done to emplacements, but a mortar pit will always max out vet in a few minutes.
16 Jun 2016, 18:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 10:49 AMEsxile

What you say doesn't make sense, you are dominating but still lose the center of the map? One of the guy use 800mp only to build a bofors and mortar. Isn't possible on the mean time to build, both of you 1 mortar/ISG and maybe one more from one of you, so 3 mortars to take them down?
I have never see the bofors as an issue, even on narrow maps like Rails and I usually take it down alone when the player directly face me.

By dominating I mean having both fuels and all vps. Mortars or totally ineffective against any decently set up simcity and cause you to bleed like crazy.

It's not usually just one bofors or one mortar.

Post a replay where you single handedly take out a simcity.

Once a mortar pit hits vet 2, they easily cover 2 vps on pretty much every map.

Once they 2v1 a fuel and set up simcity the second vp is theirs as long as it's covered by the mortars.
17 Jun 2016, 06:27 AM

I had some games against double Brits in 2v2 today...

I agree. I've been playing them lately and it seems like it takes zero effort to win. I tech anvil and build churchills just because.
17 Jun 2016, 06:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 18:20 PMsinthe

By dominating I mean having both fuels and all vps. Mortars or totally ineffective against any decently set up simcity and cause you to bleed like crazy.

Once they 2v1 a fuel and set up simcity the second vp is theirs as long as it's covered by the mortars.

Post a replay of yours so we can analyse how you end up to lose while having 3vps and both fuel points at start.
17 Jun 2016, 06:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jun 2016, 18:20 PMsinthe

So if you're sitting on 2 fuels and 3 VPs, what exactly makes you move and suicide into emplacement area(which CLEARLY does not cover anything important as you're sitting on 3 VPs and 2 fuels already).
And if there is more then one then we're talking about 1k-1,2k+ STATIC MENPOWER THAT CAN'T MOVE!
That is 4-5 units advantage on field for you.

Are you deliberately LOSING your units to emplacements just so you can whine on forum?

Pose one where you can't and we'll tell you what you do wrong.

vet1 Unlocks "Creeping Smoke barrage"
vet2 -40% Barrage cooldown
vet3 +50% health

How actually barrage cooldown makes the pit cover more ground then it can?

Again, post a rep, we'll help you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS