Login

russian armor

Strat? The Motherland needs no Strat. Just GO AND FIGHT

Two
30 Jul 2013, 00:10 AM

I've only played like 4 games but this is what i do basically, but last game dominated early game, had entire map killed most his squads ensured he had no fuel, then got confused, didnt know what to build due to lack of familiarity with the game ended up building whatever that shit little tank in T3 is lost it to a pak, 2 mins later he has 2 pios and a pak, compared to my 5 conscripts, 3 guards and at gun yet somehow i lose.

lol k, im good.

Came on forums to find russian late game, find this, suits my needs, spam doc callins ftw. Wrong doctrine is where ive been going wrong.
31 Jul 2013, 06:58 AM

I can confirm this strategy causes rage quitters. Very very excellent.
31 Jul 2013, 16:10 PM

with the current metagame being what it is (mg42s, mg42s everywhere!) is this still working as brilliantly as it used to? :D
31 Jul 2013, 16:47 PM

with the current metagame being what it is (mg42s, mg42s everywhere!) is this still working as brilliantly as it used to? :D
Yes. As long as you know how to move your units in a long line as opposed to a ball, no amount of mg42s will stop you when you straight don't care about pinned squads when another 2-3 squads will complete the assault.
31 Jul 2013, 16:52 PM

Permanently Banned
PGGRENS, i choose you!!
1 Aug 2013, 13:43 PM
Donator 11

i experimented a little bit with it, and it seems, that 5 cons, 1 or 2 guards and then snipers is an excellent combination. those snipers will always have some form of protection and will RAPE the enemy!
1 Aug 2013, 13:44 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2013, 16:52 PMakosi
PGGRENS, i choose you!!

and you can counter those pesky pgrens with snipers
BOOM 45manpower BOOM again BOOM bankrupt :D
1 Aug 2013, 14:13 PM

Permanently Banned
i said it for only cons spam.
1 Aug 2013, 14:16 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2013, 14:13 PMakosi
i said it for only cons spam.

yeah, i know, just wanted to explain, why i changed the strategy, tohting against you, buddy!
1 Aug 2013, 15:18 PM

Consspam can still fight PG well, super MG42 causes more problem now
1 Aug 2013, 19:51 PM

Although I use Conscripts a lot when playing Russian, it never occurred to me to use them this heavily whilst relying on call-ins for armor. So I've decided to give it a go and the first time, was a clear victory.

The map was Moscow outskirts. I took early dominant map control and never gave him much breathing room. He tried to counter, but with no success. In the end his camp was surrounded by 8 or so conscripts squads, a guard rifle squad and two IS-2 tanks. I can only imagine my nemesis eating his keyboard in frustration.

The second game I played was a loss on my side. It was the "new" map and the enemy used the MG42 spam, and then strafe-runned me till I lost. It's not the technique's fault though, if I had been more persistent in denying the enemy fuel / ammo, I could've won. Breaking their lines of supply really seems to be key here.

So thumbs up for the technique, if used properly, I would go as far as to say it is the tightest technique out there for Russians.

Edit: Checked the replay on the last match. I made some huge mistakes in the chaos. At one of the first skirmishes, I accidentally retreated my flanking squad instead of my pinned squad. I also spread my conscripts too much, making them less efficient. So once again, thumbs up for the technique.
1 Aug 2013, 23:33 PM

Played two more round with the same result. A win and a loss.

The loss happened on Pripyat Winter Battlefield, but once again, I can't blame the technique. Poor use of my early conscripts resulted in a loss.

The win was on the Langreskaya (Because we all know Russian is just French with a stereotypical ending). Can't say it was a straight forward win, quite lucky my enemy never found out that my fuel point on his side of the map was hardly defended. He kept throwing his troops (Grens + MG42s) at the middle section. By the time he tiered up and tried to reclaim the fuel point, my Assault Gun rolled in.

This strategy really caught my eye, and I'm not done using it just yet, especially on small maps.
26 Aug 2013, 19:34 PM

I have always been intriqued by this strat and feel I natrually make heavy Conscript armies.

Have people been having luck with this in recent patch? I ask cause they lowered AT nades penatration dmg and you can no longer throw 5 AT mines on an P4 to kill it... Or CAN YOU!?

Since i feel i can mirco decently, the idea of 8-10 constricpts capping the whole map at once is a huge plus. Then to counter MG42's, you'd just have to split up each constricpt to its own hotkey or only 2 in a hotkey and micro-around/flank + Molotov.

My fear in recent patch is ostwind totally dominating you and not being able to get the CP for KV-8/x2T-34s/ISU; as i feel that is the one unit to defeat this strat.
27 Aug 2013, 21:17 PM

Haven’t encountered an Ostwind yet, but the Strat (What Strat? The Motherland needs no Strat!) still works like a breeze. Fuckin’ A. It’s so much fun, just getting Conscripts out and molotoving the enemy ;)
28 Aug 2013, 16:42 PM

Permanently Banned
One question, where do you get those images for units? I'm considering making a quide for Germans but im too lazy fucker to create all those images. Kappa

if you would make one that would be great :)
28 Aug 2013, 17:12 PM

I love this poste! nice done the Motherland is prude Tovariš!
29 Aug 2013, 05:52 AM

Mg spam would beat it I think.
mg + mortar halftrack and just wait for a ostwind
6 Sep 2013, 08:22 AM

I just tried it vs high level players for the first time and it won, i was lmao.

t34/85 spam at the end for the win. was so funny.
6 Sep 2013, 15:59 PM
Benefactor 351

replays please
13 Sep 2013, 07:51 AM

I just tried it vs high level players for the first time and it won, i was lmao.

t34/85 spam at the end for the win. was so funny.

yeah, if opponent is caught off guard, you can easily win the battle for the early resources and then rush for the T34.

but beware of high level players, because they are starting to adapt to this meta. Early fights require only a lot of micromanagement, but the moment german player decides to go for Pgrens, you need to adapt too. If you keep sending conscripts out, Pgrens + molotov dodging is lethal.
Conscripts spam can be overwhelmed by Pgrens spam in no time.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 32
Korea, Republic Of 5
Russian Federation 110
unknown 14

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %