Login

russian armor

Strat? The Motherland needs no Strat. Just GO AND FIGHT

16 Jul 2013, 19:45 PM

Eh...Double MGs covering one another, or bunkers should shut this down. Will try when I see it next.

You don't need the entire map as Ostheer.

Already had guy using Mg's covering each other, didn't work out for him as just kept away and took the rest of the map. Also had bunkers being built with this strat but always found them before they were fully operational. Your bunker will be found while it's being built as there's so many conscripts running around meaning high chance it will get destroyed during building phase.

Also don't know what bunkers cost but any munitions and manpower you have will be used up fighting this strategy as it's literally fight after fight because it's a very aggressive strategy. The moment Conscripts stop attacking and taking is the moment this strat fails.
16 Jul 2013, 20:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Jul 2013, 18:48 PMPorygon

I don't feel like Rambo but this...

lol, it kind of is like that. Poorly trained Conscripts relying on classic riot tactics to win against superior armed soldiers.
16 Jul 2013, 20:28 PM

i honestly don't know what i'd do as german to counter this..except maybe spam MGs.

but with the current meta most guys don't seem to expect an opening like this. :D
16 Jul 2013, 20:54 PM

Permanently Banned
it could be fun wtih rapid conscription but there are to many unit, u cant take care all of them.

i did something like this once as german in a big 1v1 map, only t1 units. 6 gren, 3 mg, sniper, 1 mortal, i had the whole map,but it was horrible to play, i lost 3 gren. Then call in the tiger and gg.
17 Jul 2013, 07:26 AM

Best strategy ever. So gonna try this lol. Although will be difficult dislodging MG's in building without light vehicles.

I guess flanking it with 2 or more squads and throwing in that molotov should do the trick.
Gonna give this strat a try myself. The other day when I was loosing quite badly and only had the resources to call in conscripts I actually made it a little harder for him to win because I was all over the map and he was afraid of all the AT nades/molotovs, lol.

Thanks for the guide!
17 Jul 2013, 08:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2013, 07:26 AMWeeman

I guess flanking it with 2 or more squads and throwing in that molotov should do the trick.
Gonna give this strat a try myself. The other day when I was loosing quite badly and only had the resources to call in conscripts I actually made it a little harder for him to win because I was all over the map and he was afraid of all the AT nades/molotovs, lol.

Thanks for the guide!

Give it a 4 way oowah flank

Throw molotov like this:

First squad: into the building
second (if needed third squad): at the door

Then even the MG GTFO at once, it will die. Free MG42 :)
17 Jul 2013, 09:12 AM

Nice little tip! I should try that one, thanks! :D
19 Jul 2013, 20:20 PM

Permanently Banned
tried this tactic with my about 50 su games from beta. It works even if you are potato with su. Do about 7-8 cons and go for cutoff. Dont make to many conflict until you have HTD. Sometimes you will 1k manpowers for teching.

All you need is you have to be fast because you have so many unit to care about. In late game it went for me, i have no idea what i am doing game, had lots of manpower and just spammaed tanks. enjoy.

same works as german. Do 2 gren 2 mg 2 gren if he go t1 clowncar or sniper spam go t3 and just faust his car if he went t2 do 1 mortal then go t3. Su wont have fuel for tanks or your p4 should come earlier. Do 1-2 bunker at chokepoints with gren. If su use HTD package go jaegar doc and rape him+ mortal could be usefull. and say gg.
20 Jul 2013, 05:34 AM

Got beat the other day with this, he spammed PanzerGrenadiers and they munch you up completely. Could have saved myself by shoving a few MG's around but was too late to react, tactic still works though, just watch PanzerGrenadier spammers, if you see one early usually means he gonna try spam them.

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Jul 2013, 20:20 PMakosi

same works as german. Do 2 gren 2 mg 2 gren if he go t1 clowncar or sniper spam go t3 and just faust his car if he went t2 do 1 mortal then go t3. Su wont have fuel for tanks or your p4 should come earlier. Do 1-2 bunker at chokepoints with gren. If su use HTD package go jaegar doc and rape him+ mortal could be usefull. and say gg.

If a Soviet player is fighting you properly the clown car with have a flamer and go straight for your MG's. That's a pretty standard German build to face early really. It's the build I use as Germans a lot and it's not fall proof as map control keeps swinging about still against higher players.
raw
20 Jul 2013, 21:36 PM

This doesn't work against competent players.
21 Jul 2013, 05:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Jul 2013, 21:36 PMraw
This doesn't work against competent players.

so you suggesting Stephennn is not competent player? :)

However, if the Ostheer 100% know what the hell is going on, he may able to counter it
21 Jul 2013, 06:40 AM
21 Jul 2013, 09:38 AM

Permanently Banned
better if you use ppsh-s in yur conscript, and bring t4 tank. Do 8 conscript but probably u will lose 2-3 if you are slow or there are to much combat everywhere.
21 Jul 2013, 18:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jul 2013, 09:38 AMakosi
better if you use ppsh-s in yur conscript, and bring t4 tank. Do 8 conscript but probably u will lose 2-3 if you are slow or there are to much combat everywhere.

There is no doctrine both having PPSH or HTD and strong call-in units :(

The whole strategy is simple, messing around, stalling around, rioting around, keep cutting off, then call-in to end the game
It's all about micro, but not laming OP, that's why I love it

If the Ostheer rush for Ostwind without good map control, 2-4 minutes later, two T-34 call-in can win the game :3
23 Jul 2013, 12:46 PM

I tried this for the first time last night....and wow, it really does work. I'm not sure how skilled my opponents were (but then again, I'm not that good).

In the first game, my opponent went with a fast T2 before he even recognized by strategy. As he saw my army's unit composition, he started pumping out PGrens but still couldn't stop it. In the second game, I managed to beat a build order that included two early MGs. Although, that one took a little bit longer as I had to wait for more Conscripts to pull of successful flanks. Neither game went long enough for me to call in my tanks.

Even though I primarily play Soviets, I think they should do away with this somehow. I don't think it's how the game is supposed to be played. I wouldn't recommend nerfing Conscripts as that would have ripple effects throughout the balance of the entire game. Maybe just require the Soviet player to build either the T3 or T4 building in order to call in off-map tanks. That would make this strategy too risky to be viable, at least at higher levels of play.
24 Jul 2013, 09:26 AM

Indeed it does work. But I dont think its neccesary to change any balance in order to cripple this strategy. Why would you? If you do, you might as well change other stuff for certain strategies as well.

Fun thing of this game is that you try to figure out what your opponent is doing or trying and you trying to counter or prevent that. This strategy might be particular difficult to counter, but it should be possible. If the micro isn't up to it you'll fail pretty quickly, which leads to loss of squads and fuel points. If you lose just 1 fuel point it could turn around pretty quickly.
24 Jul 2013, 11:35 AM

Permanently Banned
this strat has good counter, just sit on one fuel. mg-s could beat it too. + bunkers at chokepoints.
and mortars against hit the dirt.

Today had two game agaisnt this strat. I had the whole map then he came back with cons and guards spam, and wha the fck is that when guards capture hmg weapon and this hmg will have at guns too?
24 Jul 2013, 12:07 PM

Have yet to try this strat out myself yet, but just watched a shoutcast by ImperialDane of a game that features it: www.youtube.com/watch?v=DagEgh4GSF

Some may consider it cheesy and/or in need of a nerf, but it looks fine to me. The important difference between this and the piospam strat in vCoH was that you moved your pios as a big annoying blob, with this you've got to micro those conscripts all over the map.
27 Jul 2013, 18:24 PM

Germans can just spam MG's or sit at a muni point and get double flame HT. Intensively microing 8 squads at once to flank and surround vehicles with AT grenades seems pretty tiring for me. If you mess up and let MG's start digging in supported by flame HT/tanks this could get ugly for you.
29 Jul 2013, 16:10 PM

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight