Login

russian armor

Should be there a 3rd axis faction? If yes who?

The 3rd axis faction should be
Option Distribution Votes
31%
13%
16%
6%
9%
24%
Total votes: 141
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
11 Jun 2016, 07:22 AM

Hello fellow CoHhers!

I think I dont speak english very well so I just want to ask you: if Relic will ever introduce a new axis faction who would you want to see?

Oh and some ideas from other members of the community to help you decide:
- wehrwehr3rd Germans (boring?)
- JPJPJapan (dont fit in the Europe-only-in-CoH2?)
- ITITItaly (not viable?)
- HUHUHungary (too small?)
11 Jun 2016, 07:58 AM
Donator 11

SEGA is a Japanese company.
Japan doesn't like World War 2.
Japan will not be a faction in CoH2.
11 Jun 2016, 08:00 AM

Give me something like Panzerelite!
11 Jun 2016, 08:03 AM

Since you didnt link to a Japan faction proposal,unlike for the others,allow me to do so myself.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/53141/japan-faction-proposal-with-mod

11 Jun 2016, 08:03 AM

A German-Italian Army WOULD BE viable, an Italian only Army, not so much, it would rival and even underperform compared to the Afrika Korps.
11 Jun 2016, 08:32 AM

If anything, I could imagine early-game weak faction made of axis' allies with late game stock and call in german units.

But I don't see such option in poll... Just 100% national options.
11 Jun 2016, 08:34 AM

Africa corps with atalian force. Reliable early mid game that end with medium tanks end emaplcements and arty lategame. Somethinig like USA but more emplacements in the end of the day ;) (im looking at you flak 88)
11 Jun 2016, 08:40 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Italians with German support. Give us something new that is not just more Germany, but will still give us German units for people who crave for more Germany.
11 Jun 2016, 09:25 AM
Donator 11

i would certainly like a third axis faction.

problem is, we are talking about relic here:
the game would be cancerfree by 2019 and balanced by 2137

therefore i voted "no faction"
nee
11 Jun 2016, 09:36 AM

I prefer a third Axis faction be featured in CoH3. AKA Japan in Pacific theme.

Why? MUCH easier to design and balance because it doesn't have to be done in consideration of Pershing and King Tiger. The best tank the Japs made (but never deployed) was specifically designed to counter....drum roll....the M4A3 Sherman.
11 Jun 2016, 09:42 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 08:03 AMFino
Since you didnt link to a Japan faction proposal,unlike for the others,allow me to do so myself.

https://www.coh2.org/topic/53141/japan-faction-proposal-with-mod

Sry you are right, edited
11 Jun 2016, 09:43 AM

I would prefer a 3rd faction that is composed of Germany's major european allies Hungary, Romania, Italy, Bulgaria etc. And combine them into one faction which can include German units also.

I think it would make sense since these countries often fought alongside germans in whermacht command. There would slso be many options to put vehicles into the game which were lesser known during the war. The only problem is that the faction might be weakish late game.
11 Jun 2016, 09:47 AM

How about Romania? 88 wir sind immernoch da 88

I didnt posted them because they switched sides before the war ended. Ofc "main" Italy surrendered too and Hungary stayed in war because Germany invaded and puppeted it, but they were axis sided until the end.
11 Jun 2016, 09:58 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 09:43 AMCrumbum
I would prefer a 3rd faction that is composed of Germany's major european allies Hungary, Romania, Italy, Bulgaria etc. And combine them into one faction which can include German units also.

I think it would make sense since these countries often fought alongside germans in whermacht command. There would slso be many options to put vehicles into the game which were lesser known during the war. The only problem is that the faction might be weakish late game.

Late game wouldnt be an issue if they could use prototype-like tanks (japanese Chi-Ri, hungarian Tas44M (basically a heavy Panther), etc) or German tanks (even KTs fought in Italy and Hungary), but all these nations had some kind of medium tanks/TDs and we see factions only with TDs and medium tanks ('murica, soviets) whose can only call-in heavier ones so maybe the 3rd faction could be the same. As the allies got the axis-like brits (my opinion), the axis can have an allies-like nation too.
11 Jun 2016, 10:13 AM

Late game wouldnt be an issue if they could use prototype-like tanks (japanese Chi-Ri, hungarian Tas44M (basically a heavy Panther), etc) or German tanks (even KTs fought in Italy and Hungary), but all these nations had some kind of medium tanks/TDs and we see factions only with TDs and medium tanks ('murica, soviets) whose can only call-in heavier ones so maybe the 3rd faction could be the same. As the allies got the axis-like brits (my opinion), the axis can have an allies-like nation too.

Good point, I guess they could also rely on heavier German variants in the late game too.
11 Jun 2016, 10:52 AM

Italy! Italy should be the 3rd axis faction.
I'm pro also for new factions than only 3vs3, factions like Commonwealth (Australia, New Zealaldn, Canada, India, South Africa, etc.) and Hungary.
Yes, i'm doing too many speculation but i would love to see them as 4th axis and allied factions.
But i wouldn't leave aside factions like Romania, Finland, France, Japan, adding Japan means adding the US Forces in the Pacific theater and why not the Soviet Army in the East.

What i think about those armies:
- Italy: (thinking at my army idea) good early and mid game but lacking late game tanks, Italy's late game might be SPGs and AT Emplacements to beat the heavies.

- Commonwealth: something similar to the UKF but without that emplacements doctrine developed for the Brits, infantry might be similar but tanks can be non used tanks in the UKF like Matildas, Archers, Bishops and Humber/Daimler Dingo

- Hungary: this army idea is something new, why not

- Romania and Finland i haven't read any army idea but what i think should be made is a faction with Infantry is 100% finnish/romania and adding as many as possible stuffs they produced and filling possible shortages with german stuffs also to represent the huge amount of supply that Germans sent to their allies. Or maybe becoming commanders for Ostheer and OKW.

- Japan: there are many proposals, just choose the best

- USF in the Pacific: something like the USF but with higher emphasis on infantry, i'd say a more specialized version of USF, without weapon racks, maybe not even that pizza-base but instead like Soviets or Germans, HQ + buildable barracks, this army would be without non-doctrinal officers, Shermans and maybe some emplacements like trenches with possible weapon upgrades like AT guns, Machine Guns, Mortars and AA gun, something like british but instead of building that kind of emplacement, you build the trench then you can upgrade it.

- Red Army in the East: no ideas about it but would be cool i think

Other nations like Brazil i think should work as a USF commander, Greece as a UKF commander.

I would see Poland as a mix of Polish Army of 1939 + Polish forces in the West and East or maybe Commanders for Soviets and UKF.
A Polish Army with British/Soviet stuffs to replace what they lack.
Too fictional for CoH2?

Also France i think should take place as a faction, or some commanders for the USF, a partisans commander and a free french forces commander.

Quinn said: CoH2 would be a WW2 Platform. At the moment that's not true but let's hope for the future.

OK maybe there are would be too many factions that many CoH traditionalists that would say OMG too many factions, non german factions sux, etc.

I say that CoH2 couldn't stop this way, it's just a reskinned version of CoH1 + Soviets.
11 Jun 2016, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 09:43 AMCrumbum
The only problem is that the faction might be weakish late game.

USA say hi. They don´t have big cats lategame as other factions have - except 2 doctrines and still do really well because of supior early game and good mediums.

It would also create really good matchups, allies will have to play more defensively early on and late game they will rule.

Also in high modes you would have so much to experiment with

Alies - erly faction, mid faction, late faction (USF, soviets, UKF)
Axis - early faction, mid faction , late faction (Africa corps, ostheer, OKW)
11 Jun 2016, 12:36 PM

I want one yes as long as its not German
I would mostly prefer Japan but I wouldnt mind Italy (Even if it has German Support)
Every CoH2 match has Kar98ks, Mg34s/Mg42s, Pz4s and/or Panthers in one shape or form we as a community of collective people need to stop this

I really hope the above are Italians I dont know much about Italy during WW2
11 Jun 2016, 13:43 PM

i would certainly like a third axis faction.

problem is, we are talking about relic here:
the game would be cancerfree by 2019 and balanced by 2137

+1

BUT, seeing an italian faction with some german doctrinal call in would be GREAT. like commanders with a pz3, flak 88, nebelwerfer, and so on. this would be really refreshing!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★