Login

russian armor

Help me get better at Twitching Coh2!

10 Jun 2016, 16:10 PM

Hi there! I've been uploading coh2 content aswell as other game content on my YouTube channel for a while now alongside my friend BreadMarsh on this site.

I want to become better at Twitching though. I have been doing it for a while and I feel like it has started to drop off a little bit with the viewers and I just wonder why, I do consider myself an OK player and all, and I always try to interact with the people who watches my streams. I also think it's a lot more fun to play while twitching cause you get an outside perspective on what you're doing and sometimes you can get tips through the chat on how you can beat your opponent! So yeah I'm kinda sad seeing the viewers drop off, and I am really struggling to maintain a schedule on my streams.

So if I could get any tips or anything I could do better on my Twitch channel I would highly appreciate it.
Here's a link to the channel if you wish to further investigate;

https://www.twitch.tv/locksherprod

Many thanks, Lock.
10 Jun 2016, 18:28 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Patrion 314

Would you like this moved to the Shoutcast forum? :unsure:
10 Jun 2016, 18:48 PM

Hey!

At what times do you stream? With what regularity? Have you tried promoting yourself with a facebook page? Are your YouTube channel and your twitch using the exact same content?

10 Jun 2016, 20:04 PM

Would you like this moved to the Shoutcast forum? :unsure:

Sure! My bad i thought this would be the right place :D
10 Jun 2016, 20:06 PM

Hey!

At what times do you stream? With what regularity? Have you tried promoting yourself with a facebook page? Are your YouTube channel and your twitch using the exact same content?

At this moment my streams are rather irregular, I don't have reguar work hours so it's kinda hard to plan out... None of my friends on facebook play Company of heroes 2 which is the main focus of both the twitch channel aswell as the youtube channel so... I haven't posted anything about it there :blush:
10 Jun 2016, 20:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2016, 20:06 PMLock

At this moment my streams are rather irregular, I don't have reguar work hours so it's kinda hard to plan out... None of my friends on facebook play Company of heroes 2 which is the main focus of both the twitch channel aswell as the youtube channel so... I haven't posted anything about it there :blush:

Perhaps it is your irregular streaming that is hurting you the most? Is your YouTube uploading irregular too? Perhaps this issue is the cause of both of your problems?
10 Jun 2016, 21:31 PM

Personally facecam helps alot. I often catch myself choosing the stream with a facecam lol
10 Jun 2016, 22:02 PM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Honestly getting viewers is very hard. Most people already have their favourite streamers for each time of day so don't even bother looking at the smaller/new ones.

If you are not in the top 100 you stand little chance. People want to see competent play.

You need something that makes your channel different or a reason to watch in the first place. Youtube success is good but you haven't been doing that for very long and I think people recognise breadmarsh more than you. Running tournaments is a good way to get some viewers in. Or maybe you could come up with some other event

It is important to have a webcam as people have mentioned. I think I heard Jane McGonigal mention that there is a different response you have when you see a persons face on stream whilst playing that makes you better imagine you are playing or something.
10 Jun 2016, 23:06 PM

Perhaps it is your irregular streaming that is hurting you the most? Is your YouTube uploading irregular too? Perhaps this issue is the cause of both of your problems?

I was hoping that would not be the case but you are probably right, man. It's just very hard to plan anything because of my irregular work hours. I basically work when I get summoned lol :unsure:
10 Jun 2016, 23:07 PM

Personally facecam helps alot. I often catch myself choosing the stream with a facecam lol

I have a facecam aswell! :D I try my best to make it all personal, I mean I even have nicknames for all of my followers with long names :lolol:
10 Jun 2016, 23:15 PM

Honestly getting viewers is very hard. Most people already have their favourite streamers for each time of day so don't even bother looking at the smaller/new ones.

If you are not in the top 100 you stand little chance. People want to see competent play.

You need something that makes your channel different or a reason to watch in the first place. Youtube success is good but you haven't been doing that for very long and I think people recognise breadmarsh more than you. Running tournaments is a good way to get some viewers in. Or maybe you could come up with some other event

It is important to have a webcam as people have mentioned. I think I heard Jane McGonigal mention that there is a different response you have when you see a persons face on stream whilst playing that makes you better imagine you are playing or something.

Woah the allmighty Tightrope! :thumbsup:

Yeah BreadMarsh is basically the heavy hitter on our channel, I basically lack creativity these days with his Strategy and Tactics Talk videos coming out and I'm just sitting here playing the game on twitch with my stupid face up there hoping I eventually can make a living out of it, yeah no wonder this is going to shit :lolol:

You mean casting a tournament? Or making one? :foreveralone:

Thank you for your reply mate and GG on todays propagandacast!
11 Jun 2016, 04:40 AM
Donator 11

So I probably don't have the best insight into helping people get viewers into your channel for coh 2 (because really, that just kind of fell into my lap compared to the massive amount of effort other people do), but I believe that having a good time playing the game and being able to express it is a good starting point. Webcams help with the expression, but imo, it is not necessary.
11 Jun 2016, 22:11 PM

So I probably don't have the best insight into helping people get viewers into your channel for coh 2 (because really, that just kind of fell into my lap compared to the massive amount of effort other people do), but I believe that having a good time playing the game and being able to express it is a good starting point. Webcams help with the expression, but imo, it is not necessary.

Yeah if there is one thing included in my streaming it is how big of a fan i am of the game, how well that comes across when i'm getting owned by King Tigers and stuff, well that I don't know B-) Thank you dear RedxWings for blessing me with thy presence though :megusta:
13 Jun 2016, 20:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2016, 23:06 PMLock

I was hoping that would not be the case but you are probably right, man. It's just very hard to plan anything because of my irregular work hours. I basically work when I get summoned lol :unsure:

Perhaps make your viewers aware of this? Set up twitch alert and create the feeling of a unique oppertunity to follow one of your streams? YouTube can be a medium to spread your best moments from your streams and perhaps some full games?
13 Jun 2016, 21:14 PM

If you have boobs you could show them for more viewers
13 Jun 2016, 21:29 PM

Manboobs. :wub:
15 Jun 2016, 14:53 PM
Referee Badge
Benefactor 347

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2016, 23:07 PMLock

I have a facecam aswell! :D I try my best to make it all personal, I mean I even have nicknames for all of my followers with long names :lolol:

Tipps for a good start in streaming. First of all the game. Different kind of games has still a different kind of viewers. Coh2 for example has around 200-300 viewers. Other games more or less. Till you have an amount of constant viewers reached you should not switching between a lot of games. If you arent a letsplayer or still someone who has a big amount of subs on youtube.
One of the very important questions you should first at all ever ask your self first. Why want you stream. Answers like because i want money or i dont know is totally wrong. Remember that if you stream your pc need a lot more of power. Which could be noticed in ingame and to for your hardware. Which has because of the higher usage a lower lifetime.
One of the most important things in streaming is to have success, be active with the chat. Follower allerts which are special created do a good job to get mlre people in. The title. Use a tital which is clear about what you are doing. Entertain your people. Different ways to do that. First of talk a lot. Explain why you do what you do. Talk to viewers. Explain the game. Tell something about your day. Reallife or what you will do next. Streaming only 1 time a week is bad. You should stream so often like you can. Be active in other streams to get involed more and realised from other streamers and other people. If you are a very good player. Like top 10 you will have a lot easier time to get more people in your stream. Next step. Stream quality. Best stream quality to start is with obs in 2000-2500kbit/s upload and 720p30fps. That could almost watch every viewer. Dont set to much informations in your overlays. They should be clear and not take a big part of the screen. Webcam is not that important. But if you have one. There is no way why you shouldnt use them. People want see you. Want recognize you. And know who is behind that voice. Never forgot. Streaming should happen with love and not with i want money or i want get famous. Start with low aims and you will see that your stream will grow slowly. Another way to get more viewer. Stream at times where noone else known is streaming. A lot lf people will look and recognize your stream more. Anyway hope that this help a bit. Im not right now available. Because im in holidays and have bad connections. If you want know more. Or have question feel free to ask me.
Cheers
FaHu
23 Jun 2016, 10:49 AM

Perhaps make your viewers aware of this? Set up twitch alert and create the feeling of a unique oppertunity to follow one of your streams? YouTube can be a medium to spread your best moments from your streams and perhaps some full games?

Yap yap! Took your advice and posted an update on YouTube where I explained this :D
23 Jun 2016, 10:51 AM

IMPLANTS HERE I COME!
23 Jun 2016, 11:05 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 14:53 PMFaHu

Tipps for a good start in streaming. First of all the game. Different kind of games has still a different kind of viewers. Coh2 for example has around 200-300 viewers. Other games more or less. Till you have an amount of constant viewers reached you should not switching between a lot of games. If you arent a letsplayer or still someone who has a big amount of subs on youtube.
One of the very important questions you should first at all ever ask your self first. Why want you stream. Answers like because i want money or i dont know is totally wrong. Remember that if you stream your pc need a lot more of power. Which could be noticed in ingame and to for your hardware. Which has because of the higher usage a lower lifetime.
One of the most important things in streaming is to have success, be active with the chat. Follower allerts which are special created do a good job to get mlre people in. The title. Use a tital which is clear about what you are doing. Entertain your people. Different ways to do that. First of talk a lot. Explain why you do what you do. Talk to viewers. Explain the game. Tell something about your day. Reallife or what you will do next. Streaming only 1 time a week is bad. You should stream so often like you can. Be active in other streams to get involed more and realised from other streamers and other people. If you are a very good player. Like top 10 you will have a lot easier time to get more people in your stream. Next step. Stream quality. Best stream quality to start is with obs in 2000-2500kbit/s upload and 720p30fps. That could almost watch every viewer. Dont set to much informations in your overlays. They should be clear and not take a big part of the screen. Webcam is not that important. But if you have one. There is no way why you shouldnt use them. People want see you. Want recognize you. And know who is behind that voice. Never forgot. Streaming should happen with love and not with i want money or i want get famous. Start with low aims and you will see that your stream will grow slowly. Another way to get more viewer. Stream at times where noone else known is streaming. A lot lf people will look and recognize your stream more. Anyway hope that this help a bit. Im not right now available. Because im in holidays and have bad connections. If you want know more. Or have question feel free to ask me.
Cheers
FaHu

Wow thank you so much for the in-depth answer! :D

I actually already fill out most things you talk about man! I talk a lot to my audience, the few I have are very keen on watching my stream and always asking me on steam when my next stream will be live and all so I hope I did something right there!

That is actually also a big reason why I stream, now I won't lie I mean of course my dream would be to one day stream and make YouTube videos full time! But for now I would say the reason I stream is because it's definitly more fun than playing the game by yourself. Just imagine sitting in a room full of people watching YOU play and reacting to it on the chat, it's the best thing ever! Every time I get a good game it just gets a thousand times better when I see the chat explode with people going "OOOOO THAT FLANK!!" or something like that :D It doesn't even matter if i win or not. It's kinda hard to explain for me but I think I basically love when a group of people who love Coh2 as much as I do gather up and socialize with me and the other ones watching the game. (My god that was a messy explenation wasn't it?)

Also, I only stream CoH2 for the moment, I think a good way of grabbing your base viewers is to play a game you really love and the legit reactions will come thereafter, not to mention the enthusiasm.

Once again thank you very much for the in-depth answer, FaHu!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS