Login

russian armor

"F- word" issues

9 Jun 2016, 13:21 PM

Here is a point, when you trying to write F word in in-game chat, it turning into "gardening", or something like that. Same works with other "bad" words, for better purpouses, it's ok.

But, I only now mentioned, that units themselvs using F and other bad words, and do it pretty often. And they are not censored with anything. For example, I just heard, that my mortar team guys said "Oh, that F*cking snow, it's everywhere", or something like that.

So... why is it allowable for units to use those words without censorship, but not for me or other players? It doesn't make sense!
9 Jun 2016, 13:30 PM

Because units will complain about the snow and the general situation they are in, while players Might rather opt for insulting you.
For example I never had a unit call me a c**t for winning a game, much in contrast to some un-mannered players.
9 Jun 2016, 13:32 PM

Isn't it gardening obvious?

Units are swearing for flavour, players swear including in order to insult other players.
9 Jun 2016, 13:49 PM

I find this censoring ridiculous for a game that does age verification even when trying to access the website.
9 Jun 2016, 14:07 PM

Yeah - I find it ridiculous. As a person who swears a lot (generally not in an insulting manner) I often find it hard to communicate with others because of my sentences losing their meaning. There are so many censored words in CoH2 and they all get turned into the same gardening pudding. Makes it really hard to make out what the player was trying to say at certain times.

It's a PEGI 18 game, not Club Penguin. Swearing is part of an adults world and depriving players of talking the way they want is just disrespectful.
9 Jun 2016, 14:11 PM

Bad things happen if you use too much curse words.
9 Jun 2016, 14:12 PM

Bad things happen if you use too much curse words.

So, let those guys come to our units, instead of us? :D
9 Jun 2016, 14:17 PM

I cannot describe how much better having the f word changed to gardening is. Not for any censorship reasons but just because I find it stupidly funny.
9 Jun 2016, 14:51 PM
Senior Editor Badge

I cannot describe how much better having the f word changed to gardening is. Not for any censorship reasons but just because I find it stupidly funny.

Yeah, I'm all for changing even more words.

"cap" > "paint"
"build" > "knit"

and so on. They might set some new RTS lingo standards :D
9 Jun 2016, 19:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Cause it's not about cursing, it's about flaming. I don't get why someone needs to express their feeling and thoughts wasting time typing in chat instead of playing.

Curse as much as you want in your own, but people doesn't need to know what you think.
9 Jun 2016, 19:50 PM

Cause it's not about cursing, it's about flaming. I don't get why someone needs to express their feeling and thoughts wasting time typing in chat instead of playing.

Because, you know, people tend to do these things on the Internet? The advantage of playing against other people is being able to talk to them. There's nothing worse than these forced profanity filters. I get it that mommy forbids you to swear but let other people do their thing. Any kind of censorship is bad and if you don't think so, then you're a bad person and you should feel ashamed.
9 Jun 2016, 20:00 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jun 2016, 19:50 PMalfik

Because, you know, people tend to do these things on the Internet? The advantage of playing against other people is being able to talk to them. There's nothing worse than these forced profanity filters. I get it that mommy forbids you to swear but let other people do their thing. Any kind of censorship is bad and if you don't think so, then you're a bad person and you should feel ashamed.

As someone who doesn't care about ingame chats, it doesn't affect me in a positive or negative way but i understand the logic behind it.

It's simple. It's their game/server/forum/whatever. When you install/register to whatever you are conceding to their own rules and changes.

9 Jun 2016, 20:09 PM

not sure whether this guy is trolling or just plain stupid
9 Jun 2016, 20:11 PM

As someone who doesn't care about ingame chats, it doesn't affect me in a positive or negative way but i understand the logic behind it.

It's simple. It's their game/server/forum/whatever. When you install/register to whatever you are conceding to their own rules and changes.

The thing is, they don't have to listen to swearing players. It's not that profanity affects them in any way - especially considering that their game is rated 18. It's really childish to sport this "I don't like this so I won't let you do it either" attitude. Forcing profanity filters in a game full of death, blood, gore, war crimes and SWEARING units just doesn't make any sense.

No, it won't stop me from playing. And yes, I have a problem with it. Providing players with more freedom is almost always a good thing.
9 Jun 2016, 20:40 PM

not sure whether this guy is trolling or just plain stupid

Well, that's not trolling, and all my threads are not connected with trolling and never will be.

I just found that interesting, funny and confusing at once, that when I write in chat word "F*cking" it censores me, but untis under my command are allowed to say whatever they like.

9 Jun 2016, 20:55 PM
9 Jun 2016, 21:09 PM

don't you have other problems?

Don't you have better things to do instead of contributing useless posts to forum threads?

OP has a point whether you agree or not. Not all problems have to be related to "balance" or "meta". In fact, I believe that the little things are what hurts CoH2 the most. Obligatory profanity filters, lack of native voice acting, messy UI and so on.
9 Jun 2016, 21:38 PM
Patrion 15

Haven't we had this same discussion 100 times already?

Yes, it censors you.
No, it doesn't matter.
9 Jun 2016, 22:04 PM

Haven't we had this same discussion 100 times already?

Yes, it censors you.
No, it doesn't matter.
Thank you!
10 Jun 2016, 00:09 AM

It's meant to reduce flaming by making it that bit harder - instead of letting out a stream of expletives you now have to pause for a moment and use stops or spaces to get your swearing across. They probably hoped that by forcing the mad individual to stop and think for a moment that they will calm down a little bit and see flaming as not worth the effort.

It's a mature-rated game where human beings are shot, exploded, crushed and burnt to death in the name of entertainment. I don't think Relic was concerned about people reading a few bad words that as you pointed out, are frequently voiced in the game anyway.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★