Login

russian armor

Germans much easier to play as Allies/Usf/Soviets

15 Jun 2016, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2016, 16:21 PMLatch
OKW - Easiest
OST - Hardest

Hahahaha. Says the guy with 0 (ZERO) games as OKW in ANY mode. Nice one.

https://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198121057184
15 Jun 2016, 23:21 PM

This is a funny thread. Most of these people should be bringing their problems to the strategy desk instead of whining about them on the balance forums. I still haven't seen any good arguments why axis are easier to play than allies specifically the USFs and soviets.

Auto deployable smoke, race car blitz in reverse crutch for your bad micro

stun shot on paks and a majority of axis tanks

super heavy tanks period

including ones that can shoot halfway across the map an STILL have that much armor and hp with that kind of range they just sit there and enjoy the shooting gallery

Flak hq which basically stops harasment and locks down the map for majority of the game and allows you to no have to micro your leigs or probably worry about anyone attack your fwd retreat point (USF,Soviet)

The fact that they in general have a LOT less tanks and vehicles but have the same effect or better with them just controlling one

riflenades that are hard to see and have very little time to react to increasing allied micro

one of the HUGEST is mgs that actually fucking pin infantry alloing you to lock down sectors and not have to worry about the as much, not just one or two squads like allies everything in the arc almost instantly that must be nice in retro spect allies mgs that just dont pin and you have to micro the shit out of what the mg is firing at to even get them to pin a couple squads

The fact almost all allied armor is weak to any form of axis at (constantly on alert trying to stay away from shrek blobs or faust) , most allied weapons bounce in the fronts (if you have shitty vehicle micro dont worry it will probably bounce anyway)

grens and vet 5 infantry that can stand on the cap and just ignore about everything other than LM or calliope or use cover just A-move or jump in a house youll prolly win

Cheap over the top abilities like stuka loiter that is broken as shit denies a huge area to any armor play makes any allied player have to get out of that giant fucking circle (microing every thing out of area, AA units dont really work) quick as shit before they get engine dmged and are auto finished off by the stuka by a click of a button

Stuka dive bomb that is over the top auto erases everything in the area keeps allied players constantly microing out of area they think its going to land moving all team weapons but there prolly fucked anyway the aoe is so large but you can never be for sure it is and if your USF your just fucked you have time to retreat infantry first but your major and ambulance are fucked for sure all with a click of a button

insta plant mines

built in AA that cost you nothing
15 Jun 2016, 23:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 23:21 PMRocket

Bla bla bla

Hey man, I wonder what would happen if you played more than your 1 game with OKW... or is your 100% win ratio part of your argument?
15 Jun 2016, 23:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 23:21 PMRocket

super heavy tanks period

including ones that can shoot halfway across the map an STILL have that much armor and hp with that kind of range they just sit there and enjoy the shooting gallery

Flak hq which basically stops harasment and locks down the map for majority of the game and allows you to no have to micro your leigs or probably worry about anyone attack your fwd retreat point (USF,Soviet)

The fact that they in general have a LOT less tanks and vehicles but have the same effect or better with them just controlling one

riflenades that are hard to see and have very little time to react to increasing allied micro

one of the HUGEST is mgs that actually fucking pin infantry alloing you to lock down sectors and not have to worry about the as much, not just one or two squads like allies everything in the arc almost instantly that must be nice in retro spect allies mgs that just dont pin and you have to micro the shit out of what the mg is firing at to even get them to pin a couple squads

The fact almost all allied armor is weak to any form of axis at (constantly on alert trying to stay away from shrek blobs or faust) , most allied weapons bounce in the fronts (if you have shitty vehicle micro dont worry it will probably bounce anyway)

grens and vet 5 infantry that can stand on the cap and just ignore about everything other than LM or calliope or use cover just A-move or jump in a house youll prolly win

Cheap over the top abilities like stuka loiter that is broken as shit denies a huge area to any armor play makes any allied player have to get out of that giant fucking circle (microing every thing out of area, AA units dont really work) quick as shit before they get engine dmged and are auto finished off by the stuka by a click of a button

Stuka dive bomb that is over the top auto erases everything in the area keeps allied players constantly microing out of area they think its going to land moving all team weapons but there prolly fucked anyway the aoe is so large but you can never be for sure it is and if your USF your just fucked you have time to retreat infantry first but your major and ambulance are fucked for sure all with a click of a button

insta plant mines

built in AA that cost you nothing

What he said.

Again, I have no idea how anyone can say this game is balanced in any way shape or form for USF. They are the weakest and most expensive faction to play. They are an overly expensive infantry designed faction that forces players to blob. Their tanks are weak and their light vehicles are destroyed in 2 hits. They have no proper artillery (which is a HUGE problem) and have no way to deal with units in buildings. They have little to no abilities and require some of the best micro in order to even compete.
15 Jun 2016, 23:41 PM
Developer Relic Badge

Requires doctrines for Ostheer, or specific vehicles for OKW. Blitzkrieg, sure on OKW is insane, but for Ost it's been tone done quite a bit. Might I add for Ostheer, if they're popping all of those, they won't have munitions for anything else.

A buggy stun shot that might not go off due to it being a timed ability and only the Elephant and Puma(StuG E as well?) has it. The rest lock turrets. I would happily take a no-stun, if the Pak was taken off a timed ability and would always hit with that ability.

super heavy tanks period

The only heavy that actually requires tech unlike a lot of other ones even if they're doctrine specific. Also gives a giant clue to what your opponent might be doing if no vehicles hit the field.

Dedicated TDs that are easily overwhelmed by infantry or can be swarmed to death, especially in smaller games when there's much less teamwork support.

Needs to be a gun upgrade, but that's about it. Get a scout unit and siege it down with ATGs or hit it with indirect-fire. It goes up then there goes OKW's corresponding tech.

Thankfully ISG's have one of the worst AOE profiles, are horrible at clearing and destroying buildings and long reloads outside of the barrage. All it has is range and somewhat good accuracy.

Early FRP point means a squad down and OKW will have to pay medics with it next patch, presumably.

You mean the fact Cromwells and Shermans, despite being cheaper have a decent chance at beating up a PIV and the OKW one costs more fuel then any doctrinal medium?

And are you talking super heavies/heavies here? Ostheer will generally be fielding the same if not more medium tanks as their T3 units are quite potent. StuGs are good in groups and will be backing a PIV. OKW can't field that many tanks because of their higher fuel costs for the T4 tanks.

Maybe, but honestly, it's not that hard to dodge if you pay attention. I rarely lose units to rifle grenades.

Yeah, it's not like that faction with the 42 relies on it to carry the team considering that Grens are squishy, expensive to reinforce and lack good close-range combat capabilities or survivability. Also the fact it has one of the slowest set-ups and teardowns which means every time it relocates it's a big risk you're taking especially early game.

Maxims are about just as good against single squads while the .50cal will be a versatile MG if it gets its buff and performs blob stopping just as well. Only the Vickers is in a weird spot, but it's also ridiculous at vet 1 inside garrisons and Tommies by mid-late game are potent, durable combat infantry.

Shrek blob will die next patch. Your fault for driving into fausts.

ATGs, aside from the USF one have no issues penetrating medium tanks in general and you need 2-3 vs any heavy for every faction. And most Allied weapons hardly bounce. Use dedicated AT. SU-76s and the upcoming SU-85 have little issues penetrating units like Tigers.

Should we say Axis armour is weak because most units bounce off the IS-2?

Volks have the least durability per model with vet at 0.81. Grenadiers are some of the least durable line infantry due to their squad size whose purpose is utility and DPS, they can't tank worth a damn and will bleed you hard if you do. Only one who are ridiculous against small-arms are Obers.

I think the rose-tinted glasses need to come off and you need to use your units at their actual effective engagement range.
15 Jun 2016, 23:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 21:56 PMRappy

ive played 5 games with okw but it was in 3v3 AT and won every game but you could make the argument i was carried or some shit I guess, I could play them more and I bet I would do well but I do not enjoy blobbing volks that can counter everything then build a luchs then mix in fusilers or obers into the blob sit two liegs by the flak truck, then call in command panther and make everything I have and my teamates better or choose KT or JT or whatever super tank the match or map requires. I might after the patch play okw might be much more interesting then. Then again I don't enjoy super tanks either there boring.
16 Jun 2016, 00:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 23:42 PMRocket

ive played 5 games with okw but it was in 3v3 AT and won every game but you could make the argument i was carried or some shit I guess, I could play them more and I bet I would do well but I do not enjoy blobbing volks that can counter everything then build a luchs then mix in fusilers or obers into the blob sit two liegs by the flak truck, then call in command panther and make everything I have and my teamates better or choose KT or JT or whatever super tank the match or map requires. I might after the patch play okw might be much more interesting then. Then again I don't enjoy super tanks either there boring.

Ah.. the old "i could make a billion dollars - just get up, go to work - get promoted - get promoted again - make amazing stuff happen - sell my shares - start another company with a great idea I just had - make another billion from selling that... Boom. Easy. Too easy so I don't want to try" argument.

P.S What fantasy do you have as your argument for how Ostheer have it so good when you only have 9 games as that faction? Too easy to win with them also?
16 Jun 2016, 00:29 AM

A buggy stun shot that might not go off due to it being a timed ability and only the Elephant and Puma(StuG E as well?) has it. The rest lock turrets. I would happily take a no-stun, if the Pak was taken off a timed ability and would always hit with that ability.

Actually, Stug target weak point completely disables the enemy gun for 15 seconds. The icon used for the critical (loader injured) is misleading, as it is also used for turret-lock abilities. Might be worth updating the icon for your mod!
16 Jun 2016, 00:39 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Both weapons are situational.
When it comes to synergy, a Zis works better than the 6pdr because its an assault gun.
Together with a Maxim, it becomes anti everything, AND comes from the same building.
I'm not saying it isn't balanced. I'm saying for its price, it is objectively worse. I don't think that is a problem due to the fact it can come very early and is complemented with AT nades to protect the weapon from flanks. Also, I double checked to see if I was just misunderstood, and an assault gun is actually supposed to refer to weapons mounted on vehicles. The 60 muni barrage can help you in a pinch, but it does not compensate for the lack of penetration.

Takeaway:
1. It's balanced correctly and I would not change a thing.
2. It's worse than the 6pdr, despite its barrage ability.
16 Jun 2016, 05:19 AM
Patrion 14

In terms of ease to play in 1v1s, I would have to rank:

Easy:
1)OKW
2)USF
3)SOV
4)UKF
5)OST
Hard:

That being said, easy =/= good, and hard =/= bad. A faction may not be hard to use, but at the same time, it may have other issues. Case in point, OKW is one of the easiest factions to pick up and play from day one because of the schrek on mainline infantry, good light armor, great lategame armor, and goodies for lategame for no other reason than 'just cause.' However, OKW has several weaknesses that are quite glaring, and make them pretty easily countered in 1v1s. They lack a non-doctrinal suppression platform, forcing players to concentrate their forces to beat enemy blobs, they have no snare besides mines to punish overextending tanks, they lack smoke of any kind to assist in flanks, etc.

I would argue that while Ostheer is a hard faction to pick up and play, and requires lots of effort to use through the midgame, they are in fact one of the most potent factions, thanks to their unit diversity, access to tools, and general specialization of units.
16 Jun 2016, 06:13 AM

IMO each army has an easier time with certain things, and depending on the player the difficulty varies.

IE if someone's extremely good with infantry tactics and at adapting on the fly then they'll love the USF, if someone loves setting up killzones and wars of attrition they'll gravitate towards Ostheer, if they have a knack for combined arms and harassment they'll have an easier time with the Soviets, and if they have good strategic planning and defensive instincts they'll be rewarded more playing as the OKW or UKF.

Like I simply can not win matches as Ost and my rank with them is trash, while with 100-200 USF/Soviet ranks I can jump in and expect to put a good fight and win, it really all comes down to playstyle and understanding the faction.

16 Jun 2016, 06:30 AM
Patrion 14

i think balance of power had even-ed out for the most part in 3v3+. i dont think one faction has too much BS that they make the faction OP or anything.
16 Jun 2016, 09:17 AM

Ost is my favorit fraction...

But it hasn't a real gaming flow, it need some fixes and changes. Small redesign like OKW.

17 Jun 2016, 11:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 21:56 PMRappy

Facts are facts
17 Jun 2016, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jun 2016, 11:16 AMLatch

Facts are facts

Opinion is like a butt, everyone has each own
17 Jun 2016, 12:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jun 2016, 12:34 PMButcher
What? I´m always glad if I see Soviet opponents on the loading screen. Seeing Brits on the loading screen makes me feel frustrated and prepared for an unfun game. Brits are by far stronger than poor Soviets.

Vickers > Maxim
Tommies > Conscripts
Cromwells > T-34/76s
Comets > doctrinal T-34/85s

To only mention a few important units. Add to that the worst vet bonuses in the game coming for Soviet units and some of the most gimmicky abilities and vet bonuses coming for the Brits (grenade on tanks, Phosphorus rounds, tank commander, Blitz without vet) and Soviets are the clear loser.

And then we have the changes in the patch and combined arms.

Soviet combined arms>USF/UKF combined arms since soviets, just like wehr, now have everything they need with reasonable accessibility, maxim being the worst, but hardly useless and there is always DSHK.

Now, if only M-42 wasn't the glue eating kid in the class, that would be great.
17 Jun 2016, 12:28 PM
Benefactor 392

17 Jun 2016, 22:48 PM

In other news, water is wet

On serious note, everyone keep equating easy with better. A skilled allied player will beat axis but it is much harder. In 1v1s, allies (specifically USSR) has the easier advantage but 2v2+ is easy mode for axis as each player only has to hold a specific portion of the map so it is easier to lock it down with MGs, pacs, mortars. The faster teching pace allows axis to get to their mid game domination sooner. Also let us not forget shrek blobs countering all allies light vehicles #truth
19 Jun 2016, 16:28 PM

In other news, water is wet

On serious note, everyone keep equating easy with better. A skilled allied player will beat axis but it is much harder. In 1v1s, allies (specifically USSR) has the easier advantage but 2v2+ is easy mode for axis as each player only has to hold a specific portion of the map so it is easier to lock it down with MGs, pacs, mortars. The faster teching pace allows axis to get to their mid game domination sooner. Also let us not forget shrek blobs countering all allies light vehicles #truth

A lot of players says that 2v2 is completely allied domination, and not all of them are scrubs.
19 Jun 2016, 18:13 PM

The faster teching pace allows axis to get to their mid game domination sooner.

Hahahahahahahahahaha, the faster teching pace. Hahahaha. Did you mean the most expensive teching and the only faction that has its heavy hitter hidden behind a fourth Tier that can only be reached through a linear teching path?

This is getting ridiculous, people who have never played Ostheer claim a load of bullshit. Well, standard for this forum I guess...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★