Login

russian armor

Please someone make St. Mere Dumont

5 Jun 2016, 10:46 AM

Hey all, I feel like kind of a dork for asking this instead of doing it myself, but could someone please remake St. Mere Dumont from the first game? I've been wanting it for years, but the versions already on the workshop are absolute garbage and are barely similar to how it was in the original. I just please want it to be basically identical to the original version, except maybe enabled for 2v2 because why not.

I would love you forever.
5 Jun 2016, 11:28 AM

You can make it yoursefl pretty much. Since you can import coh maps into coh2 edditor and simply slightly fix it. Its not a big deal to be honest.
5 Jun 2016, 12:02 PM

I'm currently trying to do that, but I figured I may as well ask since I have no idea what I'm doing and someone may finish it before I even learn how to use the map editor. :P
5 Jun 2016, 13:54 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jun 2016, 12:02 PMKothre
I'm currently trying to do that, but I figured I may as well ask since I have no idea what I'm doing and someone may finish it before I even learn how to use the map editor. :P

importing is a horrid idea since straight import does not consider for all the subtle changes that coh2 and coh1 have in between.

you;; have to make adjustments and if you are going to do that why not just remake it?

for example, FaustCostBulettin asked me to remake Linden so I did and i made the city with much much less buildings and removed the outer walls etc etc. (when i finished, he disappeared ffs)

just saying. I dont have my desktop and all i have is my laptop. and since using worldbuilder is like running the game is highest details, it lags like hell for me. so i cant. i feel like i am teasing.
3 Jul 2016, 08:43 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Is this still something that is wanted or is this a lost cause?
3 Jul 2016, 08:47 AM

Still wanted. I also wait years. Played hundred of Games on this Map in COH1
4 Jul 2016, 17:47 PM

Oh, dude, if you're willing to do it, I definitely still want it. I've tried importing the map from CoH 1 and editing the map myself but I don't have the patience to learn the ins and outs of the mapmaker. If you're up for it, hell yes!
5 Jul 2016, 04:00 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

Yes if you want it I can remake it. Can you join me on stream for us to talk about it more one day?

I would be more than happy get this out for the you guys (how close to exact you want it, share any files you already have, things like that). Just want to know the ins and outs and what the expected time frame is.

If you aren't comfortable hitting me up on stream, could you pm me so we can talk more? I would prefer the stream since it is direct feedback, but that is up to you.

You can find my stream on my profile (or through the map making contest post that is in my sig), hope to talk to you soon!
7 Jul 2016, 02:05 AM

That's awesome. I really appreciate the gesture. I can join your stream whenever you want, really, so just let me know when works for you. Don't worry about the time frame; you're doing me a favor, it's not like I'm commissioning you here! Thanks!
7 Jul 2016, 02:53 AM
Master Mapmaker Badge

I stream everyday, just stop in I do coh 2 in the mornings, im us east.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★