Login

russian armor

OKW (balance preview mode) - concerns and solutions

PAGES (10)down
8 Jun 2016, 15:05 PM

umm a suggestion against advanced cancer regiment make sturmtiger do 1.5 x dmg against emplacements.
buff obers and falls
8 Jun 2016, 15:06 PM

umm a suggestion against advanced cancer regiment make sturmtiger do 1.5 x dmg against emplacements.
buff obers and falls

Sturm could use a buff but obers and falls? nah
8 Jun 2016, 23:43 PM

I don't like ke the new okw at all. Feels super clunky. I feel like I'm forced into a puma every game.

Aaht can be fixed with a fuel reduction.
9 Jun 2016, 21:04 PM

The puppchen didn't need an 'arc' buff. It should be improved so it must always hit and penetrate light vehicles.

And removing the projectile would help as this shitty squish AT can't risk missing the first shot or hitting the ground.
10 Jun 2016, 21:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2016, 23:43 PMsinthe
I feel like I'm forced into a puma every game.

You got the point.
11 Jun 2016, 01:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jun 2016, 23:43 PMsinthe
I don't like ke the new okw at all. Feels super clunky. I feel like I'm forced into a puma every game.

Aaht can be fixed with a fuel reduction.

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jun 2016, 21:27 PMJohnnyB

You got the point.

Light vehicles are a standard part of all faction's build. 222, stuart, t70, and the aec/bofor are all important step before the player get their medium tank. The okw shouldn't be an exception, and they have two great light vehicle.

the main problem is really how the OKW have to chose between healing or going into the light vehicle phase. The idea behind buffing the AAHT is to give the OKW a third choice of light vehicle, and to allow them to get healing and not gimped out on their light vehicle.
11 Jun 2016, 03:06 AM

Light vehicles are a standard part of all faction's build. 222, stuart, t70, and the aec/bofor are all important step before the player get their medium tank. The okw shouldn't be an exception, and they have two great light vehicle.

the main problem is really how the OKW have to chose between healing or going into the light vehicle phase. The idea behind buffing the AAHT is to give the OKW a third choice of light vehicle, and to allow them to get healing and not gimped out on their light vehicle.

+1000 This is the biggest problem with the OKW.
m00
11 Jun 2016, 03:34 AM
Donator 11

If aaht was buffed no one would ever get mech truck first. How you do you want it buffed?
11 Jun 2016, 03:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 03:34 AMm00
If aaht was buffed no one would ever get mech truck first. How you do you want it buffed?

either faster setup or better penetration, maybe both.

right now the aaht takes 4 second to setup , and that's a long time. even the 37mm on the US AAHT only take 2.13 seconds to setup, and that unit has dual .50cal for back up.

penetration wise, the aaht only has 30/25/20 pen, least than the 222's 35/35/35 pen. 37mm is 40/35/30.

11 Jun 2016, 03:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 03:34 AMm00

Bring it in line as a slightly stronger but more clumsy 222.
11 Jun 2016, 08:15 AM

So... Let's pretend like some here that OKW does not have T0 AT Gun, mines, PzFausts, PzSchrecks and med packs.

Puma is a counter for everything. Even agasint med tank and sometimes heavy.
Luchs can go toe to toe with T70, AEC or Stuart is little support.
251/17 is great AI unit which can be amazing bait for T70 or Stuart with cloaked raketen behind.

In other words, what is your problem? You have every possible tools to deal with light vehicles even without going for Puma.

Let's switch sides for a second. Brits:
No snare
No homing handheld AT
No free upgrade for handheld AT
Only 1 light vehicles
No base flaks to prevent rape
No T0 At Gun
No Engis to plant early mine lel

So I assume all OKW warriors here should make multiplie threads how Brits are forced into AEC in every single game because otherwise they are raped hard by double 222 or Luchs.
11 Jun 2016, 13:27 PM

It's the doom of Volks shreck blobs what this topic is really about.
Don't let this balance smoke screen fool you.
11 Jun 2016, 15:08 PM

Volks should now have their original veterancy back now that they dont have panzershrecks.
11 Jun 2016, 15:47 PM

So... Let's pretend like some here that OKW does not have T0 AT Gun, mines, PzFausts, PzSchrecks and med packs.

Puma is a counter for everything. Even agasint med tank and sometimes heavy.
Luchs can go toe to toe with T70, AEC or Stuart is little support.
251/17 is great AI unit which can be amazing bait for T70 or Stuart with cloaked raketen behind.

In other words, what is your problem? You have every possible tools to deal with light vehicles even without going for Puma.

Let's switch sides for a second. Brits:
No snare
No homing handheld AT
No free upgrade for handheld AT
Only 1 light vehicles
No base flaks to prevent rape
No T0 At Gun
No Engis to plant early mine lel

So I assume all OKW warriors here should make multiplie threads how Brits are forced into AEC in every single game because otherwise they are raped hard by double 222 or Luchs.

You are exagerating in every way about OKW. As long a we keep repeating that OKW has every neceary tool and have no AT weaknesses without playing more than one-two games in the banace preview mode, we will not understand. And the shitstorm after patch will go live will be even bigger. But have it your way :facepalm:
11 Jun 2016, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 15:47 PMJohnnyB

You are exagerating in every way about OKW. As long a we keep repeating that OKW has every neceary tool and have no AT weaknesses without playing more than one-two games in the banace preview mode, we will not understand. And the shitstorm after patch will go live will be even bigger. But have it your way :facepalm:

He wasn't exaggerating, he was listing all the tools you have in your OKW kit that you can use.

The problem after the patch goes live is thick-skulled players who WON'T want to adapt because "Muh shrecks". Before the patch OKW had really no AT weakness as volks filled this role, and after the patch even less so now that they get non-doctrinal snares, and they STILL get to keep the shrecks. That's plenty of AT for earlygame unless you decide to waste all your ammo on something else, like throwing a million of flame-grenades, or upgrading STGs too early.

But then again, that's what choices are all about.

TL;DR: You can either adapt to the changes as a player and develop a new metagame, or you can stay in denial. It's your choice, really.
11 Jun 2016, 16:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jun 2016, 15:57 PMWaffaru
The problem after the patch goes live is thick-skulled players who WON'T want to adapt because "Muh shrecks"
No, please cut that crap already.

The problems with OKW AT are:

- The puma is easily penetrated by rifles.
- The puppchen has a high tendency to hit ground and is unresponsive.
11 Jun 2016, 16:19 PM

No, please cut that crap already.

The problems with OKW AT are:

- The puppchen has a high tendency to hit ground and is unresponsive.

+1 and dont forget that the puppchen dies to anything in seconds.
11 Jun 2016, 19:18 PM

It's the doom of Volks shreck blobs what this topic is really about.
    Don't let this balance smoke screen fool you.

+100
    11 Jun 2016, 20:07 PM

Come on it is 2016, this shit still left untouched?
    11 Jun 2016, 20:42 PM
    Senior Moderator Badge

!? Pumas have 25 armour and will take three Conscript squads at least three minutes to kill with rifles at max range.

PAGES (10)down
    1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
      Steam Alias
      W
      L
      %
      Streak
    Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS