Login

russian armor

Good willed enemies of WW2

30 May 2016, 09:52 AM

Lets lets talk/share stories or just share pictures of soldiers from opposing sides helping/respecting each other and being humane

Rules
- You may only include opposing sides helping/respecting each other Example: An American helping a German but no American helping a British soldier
- You may also include soldiers from opposing sides just hanging out like friends
- You may post photos with their stories below
- You can include other theatres not just Europe
- You may include civilians and partisans aswell if one of the people involved in the photo/story would usually be in danger Example: A German soldier helping a Jewish Civilian
- If you copy paste writing from somewhere please put it in italic
- You may link all your sources at the bottom if you wish

An American soldier decorates the grave of an unknown U.S. soldier, who was buried by the enemy before retreating
A grave of an American soldier buried by retreated Germans from what I presume was out of respect, I think it says "Unknown American" on the grave

Wounded German soldiers being ferried to an aid post on the hull of a Cromwell tank of 2nd Welsh Guards, 3 September 1944. They were captured after the Guards shot up a German convoy that blundered into their path, 20km from Brussels.

Similar to the American grave above, I assume a British soldier fell in battle and the Germans buried him out of respect I dont speak German but I think it says "Unknown English Soldier"

"Colourised Photo" An American soldier/medic treating the wounds of a German soldier in France 1944, the German soldier looks really young and frightened, fortunately he was lucky to come across some nice enemies.

Links:
30 May 2016, 15:02 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Why do I feel like my referral of you to generation war influenced the creation of this thread!
31 May 2016, 00:29 AM

I found most of these photos on pininterest I needed a reason to share them, be prepared for a Rangers post in the near future
31 May 2016, 04:51 AM

I remember there was a picture in the Red Orchestra 2 Artwork section where there was a wounded Soviet who was getting a drink from a German soldier. It's there, but I may post it here when I have the time.
31 May 2016, 07:13 AM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

The crosses on the graves read exactly what you assumed them to do.

I remember a story from a british pilot who was buried with full honours by a Luftwaffe Geschwader during the battle of Britain but I need to do some research first if I am correct about that ^^
31 May 2016, 07:32 AM
Benefactor 115

The crosses on the graves read exactly what you assumed them to do.

I remember a story from a british pilot who was buried with full honours by a Luftwaffe Geschwader during the battle of Britain but I need to do some research first if I am correct about that ^^

I read one that was similar but the opposite during the battle of Britain (German pilot with full honors by the RAF)
31 May 2016, 08:40 AM
Patrion 14

This is an honorable thread, please dont let it derail.

Invissed off topic and quotes.
31 May 2016, 09:02 AM

German pilot saves bomber crew

31 May 2016, 10:09 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Unfortunately there are a lot of Stories like that, which have been just told to family members or friends
1 Jun 2016, 00:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2016, 10:09 AMd0ggY
Unfortunately there are a lot of Stories like that, which have been just told to family members or friends

True.
There were good guys on both sides
1 Jun 2016, 02:28 AM

Some of these stories that have no proof (pictures, videos etc.) could be fake but many are also real and finding out about these men doesnt matter who they fought for is always a very fun interesting read about them and what they did, cause you have to remember that helping the enemy is always pretty risky to pull off.

On a side note when I do look for stories like these its always on the Western front that I find the majority of these stories its alot harder to find ones that happened in the Eastern front or the Pacific
1 Jun 2016, 02:40 AM

1 Jun 2016, 04:20 AM
Senior Caster Badge

Some of these stories that have no proof (pictures, videos etc.) could be fake but many are also real and finding out about these men doesnt matter who they fought for is always a very fun interesting read about them and what they did, cause you have to remember that helping the enemy is always pretty risky to pull off.

On a side note when I do look for stories like these its always on the Western front that I find the majority of these stories its alot harder to find ones that happened in the Eastern front or the Pacific

You should ask my Grandpa about that on Eastern Front. The Russians weren't as evil as people said they would be
1 Jun 2016, 04:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Jun 2016, 04:20 AMd0ggY

You should ask my Grandpa about that on Eastern Front. The Russians weren't as evil as people said they would be

Thats not what Im saying its that when I was finding stories like these theyre much more common on the Western Front and I guess Africa Front than any of the other Fronts
1 Jun 2016, 13:51 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Thats not what Im saying its that when I was finding stories like these theyre much more common on the Western Front and I guess Africa Front than any of the other Fronts

Because german and western allied front propaganda is strong
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS