Login

russian armor

Ostheer: Tiger or Panther?

Do you prefer a Tiger or Panther late game?
Option Distribution Votes
51%
49%
Total votes: 47
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
30 May 2016, 08:14 AM

In my opinion, Tigers are worthless in late game now a days, out number by Croms, Jacksons, Fireflys, T34s/85s. Doesn't make sense to wait for Tigers anymore in 2v2s
30 May 2016, 08:24 AM

You should include the option "neither".

Panzer IV and/or StuG > Panther or Tiger. The community goes nuts if a German cat is strong. Now we are here.

If I have to choose between Tiger and Panther though, I will go with the Tiger simply because it can be called in directly and used to bleed infantry.

30 May 2016, 08:37 AM
Patrion 310

Missing the option for both.

Generally I would say Panther but it really depends on your ally and what factions you enemies are and what units they have.
30 May 2016, 08:51 AM

The best way i find is to use a t3-t4 build in team games.. you want to tech to p4 first and use it as a anti infantry tank that stays close to a vp with pak/mg support AFTER which instead of waiting for tiger you should tech t4 and get a panther out.

Now, I do agree that stugs are cool vs mediums but personally I find them very weak. Bazookas, piats, atguns can easily hold stugs. As the game progresses the stugs become more and more useless especially if ur facing good allied players using inf/tanks in coordination, unless ofc you use doctrinal buffs to stugs (scopes or smoke). Even then as an allied player, I wouldent feel too much pressure from stugs especially with upcoming Tank Destroyer buffs

Panther on the other hand, yes it has horrible rate of fire but still has a massive 320 armor, 3 machine guns mounted on it and great speed for a heavy class tank (800+ hp). A combination of t3 and t4 units gives the whermacht a great arsenal of units to combat almost all allied threats. t4 will addinally allow to buy the werfer which is great for killing atguns and following up with p4 and panther push. Also panther + atgun can go toe to toe with comets easily.

Tiger, altho great in 1v1 and occasionally good in 2v2 is not the best choice to be waiting for now a days. The upcoming TD buffs further this case. So you can either choose to wait for 230 feul tiger OR use that 230 to tech up and get a panther and werfer. The latter is much better option for team games imo. Hope this helped. cheers
30 May 2016, 10:07 AM

must be nice to think Panthers are bad tanks... im just sitin here.. with my T-34/76
30 May 2016, 10:25 AM

100% tiger here, Best all round tank in my opinion. Good damage and penetration vs other tanks and does well against infantry. Also teching for panther costs alot of resources that can be spend better otherwise.

Panther just doesn't pack enough punch vs infantry. if you stuggle with allied armor might aswell get a pak and double stug for the cost of teching up and getting a panther...
30 May 2016, 10:44 AM

Yeah i guess the Tiger would be better, because including the cost of the Panther and the tech it require, we have more or less the cost for a Tiger.

But this one is better to deal with infantry and as good as the Panther against vehicles. ( And it's a call-in )

The only con is that it's a doctrinal unit but so many good commanders got it ...

And also in mobility, Tiger isn't the best, but you must support it so it's not really a problem.
30 May 2016, 10:56 AM

Panthers will perform better against Tank destroyers. Tigers will perform better vs AT infantry.
30 May 2016, 12:47 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Definatly Tiger.
30 May 2016, 13:45 PM

Panther. Because I use triple armor bulletin abuse :)
30 May 2016, 13:48 PM

I have a Tiger fetish. My one weakness as Ostheer, is that due to my overwhelming love for the Tiger I will always pick a Tiger commander even when the situation desperately calls for something else. I also celebrate a little whenever I manage to successfully get a Tiger to veterancy 3.
30 May 2016, 13:49 PM

Panther. Because I use triple armor bulletin abuse :)

Hope you're not too attached.
30 May 2016, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 10:07 AMpoop
must be nice to think Panthers are bad tanks... im just sitin here.. with my T-34/76

Which are less than half the fuel price, take only 1 less shot to kill, does the same dmg as the panther,reload faster, and are better against infantry even without the buffs they are getting this patch.

30 May 2016, 14:21 PM

Which are less than half the fuel price, take only 1 less shot to kill, does the same dmg as the panther,reload faster, and are better against infantry even without the buffs they are getting this patch.

If we completely ignore gun range, penetration, vet bonuses and armor values, you could have a point!
30 May 2016, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 14:21 PMKatitof

If we completely ignore gun range, penetration, vet bonuses and armor values, you could have a point!

These are all valid points however they don't make mine any less true. people need to stop comparing far weaker and cheaper tanks to stronger yet more expensive ones.
30 May 2016, 14:45 PM

These are all valid points however they don't make mine any less true. people need to stop comparing far weaker and cheaper tanks to stronger yet more expensive ones.

True.
30 May 2016, 14:55 PM

i hate panthers with a passion, i prefer pz4 and tigers all over them
30 May 2016, 15:07 PM

Only OKW Panther is worth getting IMHO, OH Panther is way too expansive to get and being inferior to OKW one. Also Command Panther is sick especially in team games. Mark Target + Focus Fire from all your AT and Allied Tanks just melted.
30 May 2016, 15:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 13:49 PMKatitof

Hope you're not too attached.

Does tripple speed bulletin stack? I want my Panther to chase down that pesky Comet on Blitz.
30 May 2016, 19:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Tigers makes more sense on 1v1 than on teamgames. I'll say there's room for Tigers, specially if playing double OH. On 3v3+ i'll say PV is a better overall option.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 44
Germany 759
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L