Login

russian armor

Make CoH2 F2P/Great again :D

31 May 2016, 02:49 AM

This game i dare say is the only RTS that doesnt rely purely on click fest to win.. strategy and tactics play a very huge role unlike other games which rely less on strategy and more on clickfest and positioning..

I tried to get my FPS shooter friends into this game .. most of my BF4 players dint want to play this coz it takes too long and they need short brakes every 10 mins or so answer phone and stuff. Some of the warthunder friends liked this game coz they like the ww2 genre.. others werent interested in WW2 era game :(. I think im minority in India who plays this game probably like there are at most 10 of us out of 2 Billion ppl who play this game :( If only i could get more players into this

31 May 2016, 03:11 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

well, the thing with lol is that it can be much faster paced than coh2 very often. besides grenade dodging i would say that coh2 is a very low APM game, which helps a lot for the new player

with not perfect i mean that they are a little grindy

its not THAT painfull. 2 runes pages are often enough and you can buy that for less than 10000 IP, so 2 higher priced champions

well, LoL has a lot of diversity on other areas and its hard to compare, but seeing the average compstomper in coh2 i would argue that the skill floor is low there too. (3v3 sheldt annihilate, or archelous river fests)

Oh yeah, it's definitely true for me since I've played the AoE series since I was pretty young but never at a half-way competent level (of course, I was like 10, soooooo...). In this game, I can actually feel like I sort of am.

It was prettttyyyyy bad, but I'll admit I haven't paid too much attention to it recently or looked into popular builds to have a good head of it as it is now. Definitely nice to see a full page won't cost you twice than an expensive champion now, though I'm sure LoL isn't exactly desperate for new players at the moment :p The LoL system is definitely one of the better F2P ones even then, though.

Fair point, I fail to recall 1v1 is the least populous mode.

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2016, 02:49 AMImSkemo
This game i dare say is the only RTS that doesnt rely purely on click fest to win.. strategy and tactics play a very huge role unlike other games which rely less on strategy and more on clickfest and positioning..

I tried to get my FPS shooter friends into this game .. most of my BF4 players dint want to play this coz it takes too long and they need short brakes every 10 mins or so answer phone and stuff. Some of the warthunder friends liked this game coz they like the ww2 genre.. others werent interested in WW2 era game :(. I think im minority in India who plays this game probably like there are at most 10 of us out of 2 Billion ppl who play this game :( If only i could get more players into this

Your misfortune has me wonder about ways to improve one's connection to servers from across the world.

I know absolutely nothing about doing that.
31 May 2016, 03:55 AM

If the game is to be F2P we would need a 3rd Axis faction so the game would be 2 f2p factions and 4 buyable factions

But the multiplayer we got more toxic than it was before much much more toxic I hope CoH2 can find a way to hit it off without turning into a F2P shitfest
31 May 2016, 04:10 AM

F2P= drops, abandons & flaming.
Unless there is some kind of report mode or drop penalties it's going to be horrible.
31 May 2016, 07:46 AM

If they make it f2p you will complain that it's p2w.

people are already complaining

They will complain even more
31 May 2016, 08:40 AM

Today we are announcing the transition of Company of Heroes 2 to the Free to play platform
We would like to thank all the fans that have supported the game up until now and to would like to reward you with an Exclusive faceplate to show off ingame
Now we would like to announce some new additions to the in-game store
Tank MG upgades $7.99
Infantry LMG upgrades $8.99
Grenades $2.99
Elite Infantry $12.99
Heavy Tanks $ 17.99
Air Support Abilities $14.99
AND MORE!
31 May 2016, 10:17 AM

Come to think of it, I remember one enjoyable F2P RTS game on steam, which had great gameplay, enjoyable factions, interesting MP and SP content.

It was Age of Empires Online.

The game did not enforced any additional fees and was running its payment model exclusively on visuals, like peple here would want f2p coh2 to be.

It had bigger community but didn't had any mechanics forcing you to open your walled for "convenience".

You know how the game is today?

31 May 2016, 12:37 PM

As a player from Eastern Europe i can say one thing - it doesnt need to get into F2P, it wont solve problems, and will lead to many new ones. What it needs is - price reduction. As an example - here in eastern europe WW2 is life - its everywhere - in politics, books, movies and everyday talk, and so I suggest that price needs to be reduced to 10 euros, and 5 euros for DLC, and in sales it should drop to 5 - 3, and it would bring back old times, when u could buy game for 3 euros in store. In 2000s 3 - 5 euros was basic price for FULL game, now its like 80. Our economy has gone worse, why the fck price ir so up? Almost no one can afford it, so most of gamers here just torrent em. U want more players? Focus on Eastern europe, and drop price to affordable levels.
31 May 2016, 13:53 PM

Turn game into maphacking paradise?

No.
31 May 2016, 14:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 00:29 AMTobis
Will attract some new players maybe.

who would leave the game as fast as they got it LUL
31 May 2016, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 May 2016, 19:45 PMVIPUKS
If they make it f2p you will complain that it's p2w.

It IS already P2W
31 May 2016, 14:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2016, 13:53 PMJadame!
Turn game into maphacking paradise?

No.

Good old days of vCoH maphacks vs maphacks!
31 May 2016, 19:29 PM

It IS already P2W

That is just your opinion.
31 May 2016, 19:34 PM

One of the reason I think the game isn't so popular is the massive $40 USD price tag. If it were maybe $20 I think the playerbase would definitely be larger.

But F2P is a bad idea.
31 May 2016, 20:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2016, 19:29 PMVIPUKS

That is just your opinion.

Calliope, Arty Cover begs to differ
31 May 2016, 22:20 PM

It IS already P2W

+1
31 May 2016, 23:25 PM

F2P= drops, abandons & flaming.
Unless there is some kind of report mode or drop penalties it's going to be horrible.

This

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2016, 12:37 PMArnoLaz
As a player from Eastern Europe i can say one thing - it doesnt need to get into F2P, it wont solve problems, and will lead to many new ones. What it needs is - price reduction. As an example - here in eastern europe WW2 is life - its everywhere - in politics, books, movies and everyday talk, and so I suggest that price needs to be reduced to 10 euros, and 5 euros for DLC, and in sales it should drop to 5 - 3, and it would bring back old times, when u could buy game for 3 euros in store. In 2000s 3 - 5 euros was basic price for FULL game, now its like 80. Our economy has gone worse, why the fck price ir so up? Almost no one can afford it, so most of gamers here just torrent em. U want more players? Focus on Eastern europe, and drop price to affordable levels.

Its not just Europ Tovarish.
Here in Australia, developers think they can get away with regional pricing, and we end up paying north of $120 AUD for a first day release.
1 Jun 2016, 11:49 AM

Its not just Europ Tovarish.
Here in Australia, developers think they can get away with regional pricing, and we end up paying north of $120 AUD for a first day release.

Fckin bloodsucking capitalists. K i could *maybe understand 40 euros for full game, but all these DLCs, the fck - 5 euros for skins, 4 euros for 1 commander. The fck, this is like F2P game already, with all these micro transaction, arden assault campaign is the bigeest joke - cmon they released rangers company (5 euros) like 3 days after. And relic is not even worst company, SEGA is even worse with their Total war shit, lol 3 euros for Blood effects in war game. And paradox... if u want full EU4 game - its like 150 euros.. 150 euros - in 2005 i could buy like 15 FULL games for that money.. This is why I only buy games when they are on 75% (or more) sale.

There are some companies what i respect though - like Hinterlands and some others. Its not the end. Yet.....
1 Jun 2016, 11:53 AM
Patrion 14

Fckin bloodsucking capitalists. K i could *maybe understand 40 euros for full game, but all these DLCs, the fck - 5 euros for skins, 4 euros for 1 commander. The fck, this is like F2P game already, with all these micro transaction, arden assault campaign is the bigeest joke - cmon they released rangers company (5 euros) like 3 days after. And relic is not even worst company, SEGA is even worse with their Total war shit, lol 3 euros for Blood effects in war game. And paradox... if u want full EU4 game - its like 150 euros.. 150 euros - in 2005 i could buy like 15 FULL games for that money.. This is why I only buy games when they are on 75% (or more) sale.

There are some companies what i respect though - like Hinterlands and some others. Its not the end. Yet.....

yeaa we need some commie games. sucking mao, putin and obama's dick in every possible way in virtual world is what i want.

btw ranger company commander came monthsssssssss after AA.
1 Jun 2016, 11:55 AM
Patrion 14

coh2 isnt f2pp2w. just look at usf recon commander :).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★