Login

russian armor

I don't get why Brits are still receiving buffs

PAGES (8)down
1 Jun 2016, 22:03 PM

Gameplay wise this is also annoying as it´s not compensated for. Dual Bren LMGs melt through any infantry faster thahn the LMG42 while the ammunition is not as important as it is for Wehrmacht (Bunker upgrades, LMGs, Riflenades, more expensive Tellermines and minefields). Having the longer stick in everything is plain annoying.

Thus there is the 2nd part of my post. Good tanks and good infantry upgrades and multiple potent commanders without real drawbacks to the faction does not work for Brits. The least that could be done is to take caches away from Brits to give them somewhat OKW like drawbacks.

the bren gun is factually weaker than the lmg42 despite costing the same. the only reason why the bren is overpowered at all is the ability to dual equipped them.

of course, vet 3 tommies also have the pertinacity to drop upgrade due to the scoped enfield "feature".

in practice, this is a compromise that please neither side. the drop rate isn't quite high enough to completely discourage dual wielding, but still annoying enough to those who do.

and they don't have a mobile artillery without doctrine. mortar emplacement is a niche unit that's overpower in certain map but useless in others. land mattress is already getting a nerf in the preview.
4 Jun 2016, 20:49 PM

Thus there is the 2nd part of my post. Good tanks and good infantry upgrades and multiple potent commanders without real drawbacks to the faction does not work for Brits. The least that could be done is to take caches away from Brits to give them somewhat OKW like drawbacks.

That's not completely true. British have their own set of problems. Lack of a snare is huge.
5 Jun 2016, 03:19 AM

Long story short: They are too weak in 1v1 , win rate prove it.

Long story long: You're a noob you probably suck and if you think emplacement give them any time whatsoever to build "better unit" then go ahead and try them 1V1, lets see how you do.
5 Jun 2016, 12:33 PM

Long story short: They are too weak in 1v1 , win rate prove it.

Long story long: You're a noob you probably suck and if you think emplacement give them any time whatsoever to build "better unit" then go ahead and try them 1V1, lets see how you do.

#realtalk
5 Jun 2016, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2016, 09:52 AMButcher
I´ll join. Brits changed Coh2 to the worst.

It´s just an accumulation of abusive non fun features (emplacements, tulips, a sniper that counters light vehicles) the best tanks in the game hands down (Croc + Comet) and strong infantry (Bren or Piat blob + 5 man upgrade). It is Ostheer on steroids. Thus Ostheer can´t participate in the game effectively. This can´t be balanced in any possible scenario.

The really retarded point is that Coh2 was about mobility. Now there is a faction that can sit around and break the concept of Coh2 with superior defensive tools. It would be fine if the Brit player was punished for sitting around. But he gets rewarded with superior lategame. Thus being a dick and sitting around on your lazy ass is rewarded with a likely win. The British faction encourages bad gameplay.

But Ostheer is the best designed faction!
6 Jun 2016, 16:46 PM

But Ostheer is the best designed faction!
As I said. That design is about a strong lategame which they don´t have any longer. Thus the design is flawed. I´m not proposing a whole redesign of the faction: Some minor Panzergrenadier, Panther and Tiger buffs would suffice. Some small adjustments to Ostheer lategame are easier to do than adjusting all other factions accordingly.
6 Jun 2016, 17:55 PM

I find the only issue with british emplacements are in 2v2
7 Jun 2016, 00:51 AM

2v2s are shit right now because of land mattress, volk blobs, calli, and emplacement cancer bullshit, oh also free rapid firing counter barrage, combined with shit maps like crossing in the woods, semosiky, and other shit 2v2 maps. Honestly if they just remove brace or remove bofors 2v2s or the game in general would be much better.
7 Jun 2016, 01:59 AM

2v2s are shit right now because of land mattress, volk blobs, calli, and emplacement cancer bullshit, oh also free rapid firing counter barrage, combined with shit maps like crossing in the woods, semosiky, and other shit 2v2 maps. Honestly if they just remove brace or remove bofors 2v2s or the game in general would be much better.

It still better than 3v3 and 4v4...

The land mattress and the calliope are needed to counter volks blobs, so I don't think those one are really sh*t. The things which are really bullsh*t and I can agree are the free counter battery (which will get nerf in the next patch) and emplacement-camping (I play Brits 2v2 and I must agree about the emplacements spam, I always go AEC since I like mobility)

You know, besides from screaming out the problems, you can try to figure out how to deal with them with things you have right now! We're all know that the game isn't in a good state as it use to be, so there is no need for another reporter.

7 Jun 2016, 08:39 AM

As I said. That design is about a strong lategame which they don´t have any longer. Thus the design is flawed. I´m not proposing a whole redesign of the faction: Some minor Panzergrenadier, Panther and Tiger buffs would suffice. Some small adjustments to Ostheer lategame are easier to do than adjusting all other factions accordingly.

What are you on about with the Panther buffs? It's probably the most cost-efficent tank in the game, and can eat any other tank alive for breakfast. Once you attain the insane veterancy bonuses, the tank becomes unstoppable (short of a missplay vs TD-spam). This is because the Vet2 and Vet3 bonuses are insane.
- If you are proposing moving a tiny portion of the Veterancy bonuses to Vet0 (like Relic did with the Jackson), I can empathise (it won't change much in the bigger modes, since Panthers hog Vet like crazy there, anyway).
- If you are actually proposing adding a flat-out buff (e.g., rate-of-fire) at Vet0, on top of the veterancy bonuses, this is insane.

Yes, the Panther has relatively low rate of fire. However the gun packs really high penetration which makes up for that, on the right targets. It's also worth noting that the gun comes on top of a very durable chassis (HP & armour). If you think that the Panther is weak in this state, you are also probably thinking that the SU85 is getting butchered in the balance patch; or am I wrong?
7 Jun 2016, 11:33 AM

Everybody knows that the Panther fulfills an unneeded role.

There is no Allied heavy that the Panther is needed for but the IS-2. And that is in two doctrines opposed to 4-5 Ostheer doctrines that contain the Tiger I and non doctrinal King Tigers for OKW. The SU-85 is needed. The Panther is not. The other heavy tank - the Churchill - counters the purpose of the Panther with a high HP pool and mediocre armor.

Further the Panther as a "meatshield" doesn´t make it good either. It has the HP pool of a medium. So in some rng events it can go down within seconds. It is just blasphemy on these forums if someone suggests a strong German lategame. You can´t expect any good discussion with this as it is a no-go for some people. And now we are stuck with a vehicle that serves no relevant purpose.
7 Jun 2016, 12:08 PM

Everybody knows that the Panther fulfills an unneeded role.

There is no Allied heavy that the Panther is needed for but the IS-2. And that is in two doctrines opposed to 4-5 Ostheer doctrines that contain the Tiger I and non doctrinal King Tigers for OKW. The SU-85 is needed. The Panther is not. The other heavy tank - the Churchill - counters the purpose of the Panther with a high HP pool and mediocre armor.

Panthers feast on churchills hp for vet gain. Comets lose against Panthers. ISU-152 and Su-85 get flanked by Panthers. Jacksons go down in 3 shots from Panthers (and can often be chased by them). T-34-85 and Easy8 get countered by it. Thanks to its high armor and hp pool it can often penetrate deep into enemy lines and deliver a finishing blow before driving out again.
7 Jun 2016, 12:33 PM

T-34-85 and Easy8 get countered by it. Thanks to its high hp pool it can often penetrate deep into enemy lines and deliver a finishing blow before driving out again.
The Panther has EXACTLY the HP of a T-34-85. If you push into enemy territory you get flanked and lose the Panther as fast as any other medium because it has NO high HP pool. Meanwhile you deliver less shots.
7 Jun 2016, 12:48 PM

Comets lose against Panthers.

Comets do not always lose against panthers because of their rate of fire, turn rate and accuracy on the move even though they are a more generalist tank.
7 Jun 2016, 12:48 PM

The Panther has EXACTLY the HP of a T-34-85. If you push into enemy territory you get flanked and lose the Panther as fast as any other medium because it has NO high HP pool. Meanwhile you deliver less shots.

Actually, your statement is incorrect because you forgot to account for:
- The insane durability that high armour bestows to the panther
- The Vet2 bonuses of the Panther

At Vet0, the Panther has 320 Armour (compared to 160 armour on the T-34-85).
- Since the T-34/85 has about 140 penetration, the chance to penetrate the Panther is only 43%.

However, at Vet2:
- The panther gets (20% extra HP. 800 -> 960)
- Armour increases by 10% (thus the chance to get penetrated by the T-34/85 drops to 40%)

Regarding your statement about the RoF, you aren't accounting for way-above-average penetration. Read here:

If you think that the Panther is weak in this state, you are also probably thinking that the SU85 is getting butchered in the balance patch; or am I wrong?

Source:
https://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide
(Yes. Veterancy IS part of a unit).

Comets do not always lose against panthers because of their rate of fire, turn rate and accuracy on the move even though they are a more generalist tank.

Comets actually lose very hard to Panthers.

I have calculated the probabilities of winning for this engagement, and it looks like this:

When both units are at Vet0

- The panther has 75-80% chance of winning on ranges from 0 to 40
- The probability drops to 51% at range 50

The lighter the portion of a bar is, the more HP the winning tank will have after the engagement.

For instance, at range 25, the Comet has 30% winning chance. This can be broken down into:
- about 20% chance of surviving with 160HP left
- about 7.5% chance of surviving with 320HP left
- about 2.5% chance of surviving with 480HP left

When both units are at Vet3

- The Panther has 99.9% chance to win on ranges from 0 to 25
- The Panther has at least 95% chance of winning on ranges from 25 to 40
- The probability drops to 85% only at range 50

(Yes. The graphs also take into account that the Comet has been upgraded with the Tank Commander).

Note that:
- Range 50 is the max range. Thus, the Panther can choose to disengage whenever
- It requires a spotter for either tank to be able to continue to trade shots. If, at any time, the LOS is broken, the Comet loses its advantage to use its slightly higher RoF. Thus, the Panther wins there, too.
7 Jun 2016, 15:32 PM

snip

rekt :clap:
7 Jun 2016, 15:55 PM

However, to be fair. On the other hand, things are unfair when it comes to Cromwells vs P4's. The question is, by how much?

How do you think fights play out in 1v1 if both tanks remain stationary?
- When both tanks are at Vet0
- When both tanks are at Vet3

You can discover the answer here:
(Tip: Click on the images to see them side-by-side)

How do you think the fight will play out post-Cromwell nerfs?

Note that while the images show that the Cromwell should have been made weaker relative to the P4, nerfing the Cromwell target size was not the only way to go:
- We could have nerfed a different stat (e.g., Cromwell armour, some of the reload bonuses)
- We could have buffed P4 penetration instead

(No. Cromwells vs Panthers don't stand a chance. Even Vet3 Cromwells vs Vet0 Panthers).
7 Jun 2016, 16:17 PM

Lelic pls remove game for balance thx
7 Jun 2016, 16:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

You can discover the answer here:
(Tip: Click on the images to see them side-by-side)

How do you think the fight will play out post-Cromwell nerfs?

Giant lies, damned lies and statistics scrub here, what exactly does the "Probability" portion on the left stand for?
7 Jun 2016, 16:36 PM

Completely ignored the fact that comet can wipe infantry..panther can maybe kill a single model with difficulty in 10 seconds.The panther gun is dud.And allied TD pen increase only make its armor advantage less relevant.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS