Login

russian armor

I don't get why Brits are still receiving buffs

PAGES (8)down
27 May 2016, 20:35 PM

Permanently Banned
Sick and tired of playing against Brits. They have the freedom and flexibility to do whatever they want cuz almost all of their units are stronger 1v1. I play mostly Ostheer. The things that annoy me the most are:
1) Advanced emplacement. I quite good at knocking them out but the time it takes to destroy one, the brit manages to build two more. Bofors costs only 30 fuel, less than a light tank, yet can act as arty, area defense against infantry even medium armor. Hell even panthers get penetrated at a decent rate. And the accuracy is astounding. The bofors just doesn't miss. Compared to the OKW flak halftrack that misses most of its shot on retreating inf, the bofors just doesn't give a **** about your retreat defensive bonus. And brace! The word overpowered doesn't even do it justice.
2) Comet tank is too cheap for its performance. Its basically the price of a panther, yet it can kill inf at an amazing rate. Players can use it almost like a tiger. And its non doctrinal. And I don't get why US and Brit factions don't get much of an accuracy penalty when their tanks are on the move. In fact Comets get no penalty to their accuracy! That is OP.
3) The grenade throwing ability of many of their tanks allows them to easily kill at guns while devoting their main gun to kill armor makes the brit tanks far too easy to use. Why do brit units get several abilities while most Ostheer units get only one?
4) AVRE is also too cheap for its cost. Because it is a doctrinal call in, u don't even need to tech. To kill an AVRE as ostheer, you need panthers due to the extreme armor and health of it. Stugs, paks, just don't cut it. I had a pair of stugs snipe it constantly but it just has too much health and stugs cannot give chase cuz their slow, turretless and defenseless against inf (mg won't stop piat inf). TWP is difficult to use on a moving target that is constantly trying to back out of your range. So it forces the ost player to get tier 4 and use up a lot of fuel while the brit player hasn't spent much fuel on getting an AVRE (only 140) while the panther alone will cost you more fuel.
5) Land mattress. I don't think i need to explain further. This unit shouldn't even exist. It's not like brits don't have enough arty already. Everything about it is op, the cost, performance, no teching required, etc.

There are almost no weaknesses in the Brit faction while other factions have several. They have a strong early game if you choose to bring it to your opponent aggressively and the game just gets easier as it progresses. They can choose between mobility or defense which ostheer doesn't have the luxury of. This is not the CoH 1 brit where infantry was actually expensive. I dare you to name a weakness in the Brit faction. All i can think of is no at snares which i capitalize for a 2 minute interval will 222s until piat/at gun/aec arrive. Also the only underperforming unit, the firefly, is getting a rate of fire buff. Relic developers are truly Brit fanboys.
27 May 2016, 20:36 PM

why would people buy faction ?:snfPeter::snfPeter::snfPeter:
27 May 2016, 20:42 PM

http://coh2chart.com/

Current lowest winrate of all factions.
27 May 2016, 20:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Welcome to the jungle forums,
we got rants n games
We got everything you want
Honey, we know unit stats
We are the people that can find
Whatever you may need
If you got the will, honey
We got your back

Forums,
Welcome to the forums.

If you need help, post here https://www.coh2.org/forum/13/ostheer-strategies
27 May 2016, 21:03 PM

http://coh2chart.com/

Current lowest winrate of all factions.

Notably for present purposes, it's lower than ostheer across all modes.
27 May 2016, 21:20 PM
Patrion 310

Seeing as we are in the balance forum, OP could you link your playercard please.

Thanks.
27 May 2016, 21:28 PM

cause relic needs more money Kappa
27 May 2016, 21:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 21:03 PMWygrif

Notably for present purposes, it's lower than ostheer across all modes.

27 May 2016, 22:07 PM

Maybe you can go ahead and communicate with your kind over at the official forums better.
27 May 2016, 23:42 PM
Donator 11

That's what I call warm welcome :lol:
27 May 2016, 23:49 PM

Confirmed, upcoming UC buffs will put OP Brits over the top.
28 May 2016, 00:05 AM

That's what I call warm welcome :lol:

I really don't have the nerve for these guys anymore, they play, they lose, they blame the game, they come here or on the official or Steam forums, they rant about it and then they leave, rinse and repeat.
28 May 2016, 03:04 AM

He's not wrong. British faction is one of the worst-designed factions in all of RTS history. Playing it has to be the least-fun any one person can go through for a game that's suppose to, you know, ACTUALLY BE FUN.

lelic sh*t game design ftl.
28 May 2016, 03:28 AM

The Brits are a terrible faction its not fun to play against them I have to always deal with gimmicky cancerous bullshit Relic added this faction so people cant have fun as Axis
A retarded faction for retards

Cant even play Wehrmacht no mo cause their 4 men squads get obliterated by Mortars, Land Mattress, Cromwells, Comets, Bren Gun Blobs I just wanna go in the game and have some fun not getting blown up or crushed
28 May 2016, 05:43 AM

Boy, this sure is a joyous thread...
28 May 2016, 09:52 AM

I´ll join. Brits changed Coh2 to the worst.

It´s just an accumulation of abusive non fun features (emplacements, tulips, a sniper that counters light vehicles) the best tanks in the game hands down (Croc + Comet) and strong infantry (Bren or Piat blob + 5 man upgrade). It is Ostheer on steroids. Thus Ostheer can´t participate in the game effectively. This can´t be balanced in any possible scenario.

The really retarded point is that Coh2 was about mobility. Now there is a faction that can sit around and break the concept of Coh2 with superior defensive tools. It would be fine if the Brit player was punished for sitting around. But he gets rewarded with superior lategame. Thus being a dick and sitting around on your lazy ass is rewarded with a likely win. The British faction encourages bad gameplay.
28 May 2016, 10:00 AM

didn't know about point 2)

i get why US has little accuracy penalty cuz they have weak tanks but brits? no that needs looking at
28 May 2016, 10:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2016, 09:52 AMButcher

It´s just an accumulation of abusive non fun features (emplacements, tulips, a sniper that counters light vehicles) the best tanks in the game hands down (Croc + Comet) and strong infantry (Bren or Piat blob + 5 man upgrade). It is Ostheer on steroids. Thus Ostheer can´t participate in the game effectively. This can´t be balanced in any possible scenario.

The really retarded point is that Coh2 was about mobility. Now For 2 years there is a faction that can sit around and break the concept of Coh2 with superior defensive tools. It would be fine if the Brit OKW player was punished for sitting around. But he gets rewarded with superior lategame. Thus being a dick and sitting around on your lazy ass is rewarded with a likely win. The British OKW faction encourages bad gameplay.

Fixed.
28 May 2016, 10:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 May 2016, 09:52 AMButcher

The really retarded point is that Coh2 was about mobility. Now there is a faction that can sit around and break the concept of Coh2 with superior defensive tools. It would be fine if the Brit player was punished for sitting around. But he gets rewarded with superior lategame. Thus being a dick and sitting around on your lazy ass is rewarded with a likely win. The British faction encourages bad gameplay.

The Axis fanboyism is strong with this one.
28 May 2016, 10:53 AM

The Axis fanboyism is strong with this one.
Please provide arguments instead of throwing out a meaningless phrase. You are on a forum to discuss after all. That is some great elementary school level of bringing your point across you´re showing there. That won´t bring you far in life though. I made points and you lack arguments it seems.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight