Login

russian armor

Can someone review my game vs this british player?

26 May 2016, 20:28 PM

I would like someone to review my game vs this british player that had the cancer commander. Forgive my outbursts, but I had played this blatently op commander three times in a row when going into that game. I sipmly hate the counter barrage ability, it can almost hit the entire map. I eventually found a spot where it couldn't hit my LefH, but still op as ...

I would like to know where I can improve and what to do better.

https://www.coh2.org/replay/53173/vs-advanced-emplacement-regiment/page/1#post_id537533
27 May 2016, 12:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Working on it.
27 May 2016, 14:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 12:37 PMTobis
Working on it.

Thank you so much!
27 May 2016, 15:59 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Starting off for some reason you only have 2 commanders equipped. You locked in your commander immediately at the start of the match instead of waiting, no reason to do this. None of your abilities unlock until 3 cps anyway.

So for this map you know the enemy is probably going advanced cancer. That means probably bofors, very little chance of getting an AEC. Therefore, make 222s. You skipped t2 which is just dumb. It's not worth skipping, there is too much good shit there and it is very cheap fuel wise. If you had gone t2 and made a couple 222s he would be fucked, has no counter to it.

Alright so you are playing the early game with just t1, and using grens and 1 mg. You quickly wiped a squad and the guy didn't really have anything to deal with your superiority, but for some reason you don't cap the vps. That was your biggest problem in the match, you never cap vps for some reason. The guy had very few units and nothing to hold them with. This game could have ended 25 minutes sooner if you just held the tripplecap in the beginning of the game instead of pushing his cutoff so much where the mortar is. You also had a bunch of low health squads and waited way too long to get the medic bunker built, which hurt your early game.

So the mortar is up at this point, and you keep throwing grens at it, this is useless. Once he gets the upgrade from the advanced cancer commander that looks like a stack of bricks on the emplacemenmt icon, it is immune to bullets. No reason to shoot at it at all with your infantry. You didn't have t2 so you couldn't use 222s or a pak to destroy it either.

In the late game you went LeFh and kept barraging the mortar. Doesn't do anything, he will just brace and not take any damage. Barrage his forward emplacement instead, or his infantry. Something to get wipes. You were also floating a fuckton. Tech up to t4, you have 1300 manpower and 600 fuel, might as well get a panther and a panzerwerfer.

Random tips:
-You were capping by clicking on the point in the beginning of the game, move your squad to the edge of the cap circle so you can get a jump start on walking to the next point. Easy to do in the early game when nothing is going on.
-Don't float so much, no reason at all to wait. If you are popcapped and not waiting for anything you might as well tech.
-focus on the vps
-Use cover better.
-FOCUS ON THE VPS
-Blob less, don't mass retreat. 3 Flamerpios in a blob is too much, spread out.
-You had some units standing around doing nothing (mg42) make sure they are being useful like guarding a vp or cutoff
-FOCUS ON THE VPS

Note for the future, posting replays where you are playing against a better player and lose is much more useful. Don't post winning replays.
28 May 2016, 07:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 15:59 PMTobis
advice

Note for the future, posting replays where you are playing against a better player and lose is much more useful. Don't post winning replays.

I didn't consider it winning. I only won because he wasted his units, I think he was better than me..

Thank you for analysis! I will use these tips straight away
28 May 2016, 08:11 AM

I am on it, sir.
28 May 2016, 08:35 AM

I am on it, sir.

Thank you!
28 May 2016, 08:55 AM

Very bad opening engagement with two grenadiers in out of cover against in cover Tommies and you also ignore the Vickers in slit trench suppressing you.
After you replenish your grens you attack engage in-cover Tommies on the middle VP with no cover whatsoever(you lost two gren models dtt)
Too too early doctrine pickup with already having only two commander in your loadout.
You waste a bit of munitions with rifle grenades, which could come in handy building tellers. Though I must admit you wipe a Tommy with one.
Skipping 222 is a big mistake on a map like this against Brits, if you are afraid of AEC build a teller and attach a grenadier squad to accompany your 222. You could've even go for 444 and that would bleed him real hard.
With at least that much of a manpower by minute mark 7:30, you should've gone a mortar and an aiding flamer pioneer.
You needed a Panzer 4 first, not a StuG. You forget about your grenadiers clumped up and letting them die to mortar pit. (Mortar pit is a bitch if you ask me)
Forgetting about northern Vp for quite some time, after the engagement between Pios and Sappers.
You should've gone for Panzerwerfers after getting Panzer IV asap as he is concentrating on one single point, which I couldn't see that so.
I can't review more after the 20 minute mark currently, sorries. But even with these minor or moderate faults Brits easily get the upper hand in this patch. Hope you see my point.
28 May 2016, 11:04 AM

Very bad opening engagement with two grenadiers in out of cover against in cover Tommies and you also ignore the Vickers in slit trench suppressing you.
After you replenish your grens you attack engage in-cover Tommies on the middle VP with no cover whatsoever(you lost two gren models dtt)
Too too early doctrine pickup with already having only two commander in your loadout.
You waste a bit of munitions with rifle grenades, which could come in handy building tellers. Though I must admit you wipe a Tommy with one.
Skipping 222 is a big mistake on a map like this against Brits, if you are afraid of AEC build a teller and attach a grenadier squad to accompany your 222. You could've even go for 444 and that would bleed him real hard.
With at least that much of a manpower by minute mark 7:30, you should've gone a mortar and an aiding flamer pioneer.
You needed a Panzer 4 first, not a StuG. You forget about your grenadiers clumped up and letting them die to mortar pit. (Mortar pit is a bitch if you ask me)
Forgetting about northern Vp for quite some time, after the engagement between Pios and Sappers.
You should've gone for Panzerwerfers after getting Panzer IV asap as he is concentrating on one single point, which I couldn't see that so.
I can't review more after the 20 minute mark currently, sorries. But even with these minor or moderate faults Brits easily get the upper hand in this patch. Hope you see my point.

Thank you!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS