Login

russian armor

COH2 Soundtrack versus COH1

26 May 2016, 14:31 PM

What are your guys opinions on the COH2 soundtrack - personally, I think it is rather bland expect the main soviet/Brit theme compared to the first game, which was something special.

PS. Does anyone know if you can replace coh2 music with coh1 by placing them in any folders ect. ?
26 May 2016, 15:00 PM

The art style of CoH2 pales in comparison to vCoH in general. The gameplay may be richer but things like music, voice acting and UI are subpar.

I loved the toned down and gritty aesthetics of vCoH. They just fit such a violent and intensive game such as CoH. The screams and shouting of riflemen dropping like flies under enemy fire really made a huge impression and contributed to the overall immersiveness of the game.

CoH2 just doesn't have it. The voice acting of most factions (especially Soviets) is mediocre and cringe-worthy at times. I've disabled music in the game - and this comes from a person who ALWAYS plays all games with their respective soundtracks. It's just tasteless. It's a shame, because a proper soundtrack turns a good game into a great game.
26 May 2016, 15:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2016, 15:00 PMalfik
The art style of CoH2 pales in comparison to vCoH in general.
no

The gameplay may be richer but things like music, voice acting and UI are subpar.
no

CoH2 just doesn't have it.
no it does

The voice acting of most factions (especially Soviets) is mediocre and cringe-worthy at times.
no

It's just tasteless
no

literally the only thing i'd like is to have the music being played accordingly to faction being played, not the map. music is miles better than coh1 (with coh1 menu themes equally good as coh2 music) and voice acting is around the same.

i played both
26 May 2016, 15:20 PM
Donator 11

I wouldn't say that the quality is worse, the style is just different, some say that it's less cartoonish. Some like one style others like the other... It actually adds immersion if that's what you expect.
26 May 2016, 15:27 PM
Senior Referee Badge

The voice acting of most factions (especially Soviets) is mediocre and cringe-worthy at times.

:(
I love the voice acting of this game, especially the voices of USF and SU :wub:
26 May 2016, 15:28 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

The music for the base factions is fantastic. Better than vCoH.
The WFA music and Brit music is pretty meh though.
26 May 2016, 15:48 PM

no

no

no it does

no

no

literally the only thing i'd like is to have the music being played accordingly to faction being played, not the map. music is miles better than coh1 (with coh1 menu themes equally good as coh2 music) and voice acting is around the same.

i played both

If you prefer the cartoon look then fine, but the only COH2 track that compares is the main theme which is pretty good. The meat of the British forces theme is ok too but it drags on too long and the intro/outro are really mediocre. I'm judging based on the songs you hear often such as multiplayer and menu music, I only played each campaign one time so can't really judge that.

26 May 2016, 15:53 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Best solution was include vCoH soundtrack in CoH 2 and give ability in settings to choose between them (or mix them).
This idea was used in Wargame: Red Dragon, where you can choose sondtracks from Wargame: European Escalation and Wargame: AirLand Battle.
Also, i don't like the current system, when factions don't have their own soundtrack.
P.S. Yes, i am fan of vCoH soundtrack. Like it so much and want to have possibility to play with this music in CoH 2
26 May 2016, 15:57 PM

The problem with COH2's VA is that most of the new DLC units are simply reused voice from other units (Pershing, Callie, Land Mattress, M3 HT, 251 HT). Same with commander abilities, COH1 VA is much more varied.
26 May 2016, 15:58 PM
Donator 11

The problem with COH2's VA is that most of the new DLC units are simply reused voice from other units (Pershing, Callie, Land Mattress, M3 HT, 251 HT). Same with commander abilities, COH1 VA is much more varied.

Yeah, the only thing that I don't like is generic lines like the "ability is ready" one. It becomes boring so quickly.
26 May 2016, 19:00 PM

CoH 1's basic soundtrack was kinda boring. In multiplayer, there was only one track playing, and it was meh. Oppossing fronts made things a bit better, but it brought weird factions in exchange...

CoH 2's basic soundtrack gets the job done, but I personally find the soundtrack of WFA and The British Forces much more interesting and pretty perfect (even though it was the same composer, I think...).

Relic: It would be nice if community-made maps added to the map pool could have the WFA or Brits Soundtrack playing (at least if they are set on the western front) instead of the same generic eastern front one which is less enthralling, imo.
26 May 2016, 19:16 PM

The CoH2 soundtrack is still very fitting with this game, and in my opinion, it's better than the CoH1 soundtrack. Sorry to get a bit off-topic here, but I can still imagine how amazing it would be if CoH2 WFA had the Medal of Honor: Vanguard soundtrack...

Playlist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wPzw9FWR5c&list=PLqcGvP7TBm_lRdlRDWc_4mFr07KZFTOqT

...Now that would be truly spectacular.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 May 2016, 19:00 PMFluffi

Relic: It would be nice if community-made maps added to the map pool could have the WFA or Brits Soundtrack playing (at least if they are set on the western front) instead of the same generic eastern front one which is less enthralling, imo.

+1 to this.
If only they'd unlock all those un-used features in worldbuiler to allow for more user customization.
26 May 2016, 19:19 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The art style of CoH2 pales in comparison to vCoH in general.

*whispers*
Pajama Grenadiers
26 May 2016, 19:41 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

coh2 British theme is one my favorites of all time. one of the best on any game i ever played.

derail but Just give me this soundtrack on all levels, in the menu, and in the loading screen.

Especially from 2:50 onward
26 May 2016, 19:42 PM

ost&......have good soundtracks,BUT OKw soundtrack is the best for me specially begining .
in coh1 i like main theme also
26 May 2016, 19:43 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

26 May 2016, 19:48 PM

coh2 British theme is one my favorites of all time. one of the best on any game i ever played.

derail but Just give me this soundtrack on all levels, in the menu, and in the loading screen.

Especially from 2:50 onward
26 May 2016, 19:56 PM

Both are pretty good; different, but good in their own ways.

It would be nice if they simply added it to COH2 as an optional (free) DLC or something along those lines. Except for soviets, all of the CoH1 teams are in CoH2 (Ost = Wehr, OKW = PE), so even the faction specific music would work.

/edit

Since we're talking about other game OSTs that would fit, I'd put my vote in for "Total Annihilation" (same composer). Other than the main theme, it would pretty much fit right in.
26 May 2016, 20:07 PM

CoH's soundtrack is miles ahead of CoH 2's ones, I like most of CoH's soundtracks unlike just a few from CoH 2's ones, specifically 2 from the original one, 2 from the western front's one and 1 from the British one.

I mean, cmon, compare 2 orchestral albums to what, like 30 something tracks that aren't even in albums?

As for the music editing, as long as there isn't an option to give Armies their native voices, I don't think they'll add the music one either sadly, of course, that is if it's not possible with modding in the near future, but I'm not so sure if it's possible right now.
26 May 2016, 20:15 PM

Coh main menu song pfff the memories
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight