Login

russian armor

Units escaping certain death with only %1 health left

Should units reaching belw %5-%3 health receive the death critical?
Option Distribution Votes
27%
73%
Total votes: 33
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
25 May 2016, 21:29 PM

I find this quite annoying when you put a lot of effort to rekt that big cat, only to have it escape with his head up with only %0.01 health left. I want to see if any one else has the same thoughts about this?

25 May 2016, 21:35 PM

I've seen some strange things concerning that last bit of HP. Once after a match I fired 5 panther rounds at a Soviet sherman tank (5*160 damage vs a 800hp tank) only to have it survive with a sliver of health remaining.
25 May 2016, 21:44 PM

It's frustrating yeah, but I don't think anything should be done about it. After all, if you've got a death crit at .5% or whatever, won't we end up with exactly the same frustration when it escapes with .6%?
25 May 2016, 21:52 PM

Kinda agree, but let's admit, it happens for you as much as against you. It a good example of a neutral RNG
25 May 2016, 23:06 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

What's the difference in having the death crit at 0% compared to at 5%? That just arbitrarily lowers the health of all tanks by 5%.
25 May 2016, 23:10 PM

Kinda agree, but let's admit, it happens for you as much as against you. It a good example of a neutral RNG

+10
25 May 2016, 23:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 23:06 PMTobis
What's the difference in having the death crit at 0% compared to at 5%?
Emotional difference?

A - If it manages to survive with %0.01 health then you'll be like:
Damn I almost killed that panther but the game engine decided to show me the mid finger. WHAT THE FUCK FUFU FUFU

And your opponent goes like:
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::nahnah::nahnah::nahnah:Die bitch, I'll just repair and come back:rofl::rofl:

B - It receives the crit and gets destroyed at %3 health you are like:
Well I focused all of my efforts and literally killed it so it was a logical and fair result.:)^_^
And your opponent goes like:
Well I should have pulled back much sooner, so it was my fault:help:
25 May 2016, 23:29 PM

So you want to basically add an imaginary 5% to the HP bar of vehicles? Seems kind of pointless.

All it would do is that when vehicles hit 5% (or whatever), they are destroyed. By the game's code, they would really be at 0% (i.e. exactly how they are now), but you've just added a +5% to the UI...

Doesn't make much sense. You're just shifting the problem from "he escaped with 0.01% HP!" to "he escaped with 5.01% HP!". Doesn't change anything other than appearance.
6 Jun 2016, 09:30 AM

Next Thread will be "Units escaping certain death with only %6 health left"

Should units reaching belw %10-%6 health receive the death critical?
6 Jun 2016, 09:51 AM

Next Thread will be "Units escaping certain death with only %6 health left"

Should units reaching belw %10-%6 health receive the death critical?

Well if it wasent Relic's game, I would say that armor unit should have like ~50% armor reduction when it has like 1% HP or less then 160 HP (besically one shot). So less RNG escapes would happen. Call it like "destoyed armor" or "damaged armor" critical damage, which will also disable deflection and reduce armor as I told before.

Btw Men of War has such mechanic. You pretty much can damage and make a hole in frontal armor lets say, and if you hit into this hole with low calibre, which wouldnt do anything to frontal armor in any other conditions, you can pretty much destoy this tank.

Because seeing heavy tanks and general tanks escaping with 1% HP and surviving few hits kinda BS.

But its relic game after all, so we wont see it.
6 Jun 2016, 10:02 AM
Patrion 14

i thought they removed death crits to avoid these kind of freak RNGs
6 Jun 2016, 11:12 AM

i thought they removed death crits to avoid these kind of freak RNGs

RNGception
6 Jun 2016, 11:15 AM
Donator 11

I find this quite annoying when you put a lot of effort to rekt that big cat, only to have it escape with his head up with only %0.01 health left. I want to see if any one else has the same thoughts about this?

Units on screenshots aren't even that low. Not to the level of a sniper hit by mortar shell or old engine damage crits. This is just normal behaviour due to using low damage weapons, like t-70s gun on first screen or any weapon that deals deflection damage.
6 Jun 2016, 11:21 AM

Hint: The t70 wasn't the highlight of that picture. It was the ostwind, which has around 2% health.

@Kultist: Really great idea and easily implementable.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 40
Germany 26
Korea, Republic Of 2
Germany 46

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %