Login

russian armor

Japan faction "proposal" with mod.

20 Aug 2016, 15:16 PM

Fino,

I have just spent my evening playing your Japan mod. I found it to be pretty awesome. I would love to do some videos on the mod for my youtube channel. What do you think of that?

As for the mod itself, I'm no expert, but some elements seem pretty out of balance. I think the lack of heavy tanks is NOT a problem, but the anti infantry power you have given the Konoe is pretty earth shattering. Perhaps the AI just plays too easy as even on expert AI, I seem to have no problem taking and holding the map and preventing late game vehicles from even coming out.

If you are cool with me making videos about your mod/playing it, I would be happy to point out any more suggestions I have on the vids

thanks for making this, as I really appreciate the time and effort that has gone into it. As for Relic, well, I hope this gives them some ideas on what the 3rd Axis faction in their game should be ;)

my channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOOaunzXzsiOdvmqcqMO_Eg

I am glad you like my mod.You can make any videos you want with the mod,you dont need to ask for my permission for it,though i would appreciate it if you linked to the mod in the description of them.

When you mention the Konoe's anti-infantry power,do you mean with or without the LMG upgrade?Anyways,i look forward to hear any suggestions and feedback you make on the videos,and it should be fun to see someone play my mod.

Lastly,Thank you for the support.
20 Aug 2016, 23:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Aug 2016, 15:16 PMFino

I am glad you like my mod.You can make any videos you want with the mod,you dont need to ask for my permission for it,though i would appreciate it if you linked to the mod in the description of them.

When you mention the Konoe's anti-infantry power,do you mean with or without the LMG upgrade?Anyways,i look forward to hear any suggestions and feedback you make on the videos,and it should be fun to see someone play my mod.

Lastly,Thank you for the support.

Asking for your permission was mainly for manners. You are the creator, so I give you the power to prevent me putting up content based on your work. I'm pleased to hear you are ok with it though!

To clarify: I definitely think that the Konoe infantry with their 75 munitions lmg upgrade are too powerful. I don't want to compare your units to those of other factions, as I know you are trying to make the Japanese a early game oriented faction, but 3 Lmgs for 75 munitions really does skew the balance heavily. I'll upload a video tomorrow or Monday showing you what else I think.

I'm glad you are open to advice/criticism/suggestions, as I do believe I have some to offer. :)

If I pick up on anything else, I'll let you know.

Also, perhaps we could play a few games including the Japanese, as I would like to test how a living player reacts to such an early game oriented faction.
24 Aug 2016, 10:56 AM

Update:
-The mountain gun's chemical shells actually work now!
-The mountain gun's multiple variety of shells now come from barrages,instead of weapon toggles,which was impractical and semi-buggy.This also means the AI may now use different shells,even though they have no idea which is good for which situation.
25 Aug 2016, 09:50 AM

Update:
-The mountain gun now has apropirate veterancy(cooldowns,range of barrages)
-The mountain gun now only uses 2 pop-cap,instead of 5.
-Added icons to the mountain gun's barrages so that its easier to know which is which without manually checking in the middle of battle.
27 Aug 2016, 15:12 PM

Update:
-Corrected the name of the Japanese HMG.
-The type 92 HMG now has less rate of fire,but its more accurate.Meaning it supresses less in exchange for more dps.
28 Aug 2016, 16:31 PM

Update:
-Doctrines now have descritptions,so that players can choose them better.
-Secret weapons doctrine is now mobile warfare doctrine,and focuses on vehicles.
-Removed the 120mm mortar as the Japanese forces already have enough infantry based artillery.
-Ne-Go infrared halftrack was removed,turns out that it didnt work like that at all.
-Removed the Ta-Se,as it was redundant.
-Added a type 98 So-Da halftrack to the mobile warfare doctrine.
-All doctrine buildings now build near instantly.
29 Aug 2016, 17:28 PM

Update:
-Added the type 4 Ha-To to the mobile warfare doctrine.
30 Aug 2016, 15:26 PM

Update:
-Fixed a bug where the Ha-To wouldnt be able to fire its mortar upon reaching vet 3.
-Added actual veterancy bonuses to the Ha-To.
31 Aug 2016, 12:36 PM

-The mod finally has an image on steam workshop!

-The Japanese sniper no longer produces tracer when firing.
-Japanese snipers are now able to make a hiding spot.
-Increased the area of effect of the Ha-To,edited the explosion effect to match its effect better.
2 Sep 2016, 14:22 PM

Update:
-Changed the Ha-Go's max speed from 7 to 5.
-The Ke-Nu upgrade now actually gives a low-velocity gun.Meaning it has less penetration,but a lot more damage.
-By extension,this also changed the Chi-Ha gun.
5 Sep 2016, 15:10 PM

Update:
-Made icons for vehicle call-ins,which should make it easier to see which is which without hovering over them,and so that people dont call in a So-Da when they wanted a Ha-To.
6 Sep 2016, 19:05 PM

Update:
-Removed the coaxial MG from the Ho-I
-The Ho-I now has a howitzer as a gun,as intended.
7 Sep 2016, 17:29 PM

Update:
-Added the Imperial Japanese Army Air Force doctrine,which focuses on close air support call-ins.
9 Sep 2016, 07:56 AM

Update:
-The type 92 emplacement now has a crew,which means it can be decrewed.
-A good deal of the units that had custom portraits now have them in the build menu as well.
13 Sep 2016, 01:32 AM

Update:
-Type 2 Ka-Mi model and gun has been reworked based on the M8.
-Type 2 Ka-Mi can now be build in water like all other ships.
-Type 2 Ka-Mi can now move in water,and do landing.
-Type 2 Ka-Mi can now repair itself using its onboard mechanic,and it can still fire and move while doing so.
-Type 2 Ka-Mi can no longer be dispatched via land.
17 Sep 2016, 16:49 PM

Update:
-Fixed an issue where building the air force doctrine would still let other doctrines get built.
-Fixed an issue where a player could,by moving its mouse and clicking very fast,build more than one doctrine.
19 Sep 2016, 14:22 PM

Update:
-Type 2 Ka-Mi can now prioritize vehicles.
-Buffed the penetration and damage of the Type 2 Ka-Mi.
20 Sep 2016, 10:50 AM

Update:
-Infantry weapon upgrades now only give one weapon instead of three.
-Infantry weapon upgrades now cost 50 munitions.
-Konoe versatility package only gives the minesweeper now.
-Removed the mortar,as it overlapped with the mountain gun.
20 Sep 2016, 11:00 AM

Well they should definitely get lend lease then. I Think they were given one (1) Panther from the germans and all their own tanks were like

22 Sep 2016, 01:10 AM

Well they should definitely get lend lease then. I Think they were given one (1) Panther from the germans and all their own tanks were like

Sorry,they wont be getting lend-lease.

They have enough units for themselves without having to have lend-lease units,and their bad quality tanks is part of their early game dominance thing.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Russian Federation 27
United States 3
unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %