Login

russian armor

What makes Bofors unpleasant to fight?

PAGES (8)down
25 May 2016, 13:07 PM

The main problem for me is the barrage, which completely wreck infantry at medium/long distance + highly suppress it.

And the brace ability but it got nerf few patches ago ^_^

Atm the Bofors is far more balanced compared to how it was at the release of the British. :thumb:
25 May 2016, 13:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 12:58 PMKatitof

You never stop to amaze me with your insanity.
i think that it would make brit support their emplacement and brace can still be used vs arty but not against ground attack and people would actually need to put unit inside emplacement to give them their bonus right now is ok they flanked my simcity better use brace while i kill their tank with at
btw:I'm still waiting you in the Churchill post for your opinion kat but as always you have none only on the forum to troll
25 May 2016, 13:42 PM

i think that it would make brit support their emplacement and brace can still be used vs arty but not against ground attack and people would actually need to put unit inside emplacement to give them their bonus right now is ok they flanked my simcity better use brace while i kill their tank with at
btw:I'm still waiting you in the Churchill post for your opinion kat but as always you have none only on the forum to troll

If you don't support your emplacements, then you easily lose them anyway, unless its mortar pit sitting in your base.

Do you think we should be able to capture wehr bunkers or OKW trucks?
If not, why do you think its fair to capture opponents combat unit, just because you refuse to bring proper firepower to destroy it?

A pair of StuGs will rip emplacements apart, unless the emplacement in question is 17 pounder.
25 May 2016, 14:03 PM

And in the larger sense, it's a slap in the face to the tradition of COH, which was originally about maneuvering, flanking, and cunning micro and tactics. All you can do is bomb it, or waste a lot of manpower assaulting it.

It lowers the skill cap of the game by its very existence.

It makes skilled players mad because their skill means nothing since any noob can throw up a Bofors and it will take only slightly less time for a top 10 player to get rid of it then another noob.

*scoffs* CoH1 Kreygasm
25 May 2016, 14:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 13:42 PMKatitof

If you don't support your emplacements, then you easily lose them anyway, unless its mortar pit sitting in your base.

Do you think we should be able to capture wehr bunkers or OKW trucks?
If not, why do you think its fair to capture opponents combat unit, just because you refuse to bring proper firepower to destroy it?

A pair of StuGs will rip emplacements apart, unless the emplacement in question is 17 pounder.
I said capture/destroy hell even decrew but only the Brit can recrew if you don't like it but it would offer some counter play vs brace
25 May 2016, 14:16 PM

I said capture/destroy hell even decrew but only the Brit can recrew if you don't like it but it would offer some counter play vs brace

Brace is not some miracle button.

If you are losing ground, brace won't stop you from destroying emplacement.
It will just make agony few secs longer.

Is there a counter play agasint retreat? No.
Retreat gives you bigger chances to survive, just like brace.
25 May 2016, 14:16 PM

Thats still retarded and unfair.
25 May 2016, 14:23 PM

Alien like technology aka brace

A jack of all trades unit, and virtually uncounterable to OH unless commander calls out for a MHT

Able to counter it's counters

Takes down a stuG or p4 health and that's in a vaccume situation. Most brits dont leave emplacements unsupported

On 2v2s it's a problem for most maPs. As if there is any push. Brace holds off enough time for both players to respond.

Katitof suggest 2 stugs to counter.. lol yea 2 stugs counter anything. But consider the fuel cost, and timing till that happens... moron....

I'm taking a dump while I write this at work.

Oh not to mention once a bofers there is a motor pit that usually insta wipes OH infantry. Sorry that I refuse to go spearhead every game...
25 May 2016, 14:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 14:16 PMKatitof
Thats still retarded and unfair.
like a 70% damage reduction free ability
25 May 2016, 14:25 PM

And in the larger sense, it's a slap in the face to the tradition of COH, which was originally about maneuvering, flanking, and cunning micro and tactics. All you can do is bomb it, or waste a lot of manpower assaulting it.

It lowers the skill cap of the game by its very existence.

It makes skilled players mad because their skill means nothing since any noob can throw up a Bofors and it will take only slightly less time for a top 10 player to get rid of it then another noob.

This is an excellent summary of the issue with emplacements in general.
25 May 2016, 14:26 PM

Alien like technology aka brace

A jack of all trades unit, and virtually uncounterable to OH unless commander calls out for a MHT

Able to counter it's counters

Takes down a stuG or p4 health and that's in a vaccume situation. Most brits dont leave emplacements unsupported

On 2v2s it's a problem for most maPs. As if there is any push. Brace holds off enough time for both players to respond.

Katitof suggest 2 stugs to counter.. lol yea 2 stugs counter anything. But consider the fuel cost, and timing till that happens... moron....

I'm taking a dump while I write this at work.

Oh not to mention once a bofers there is a motor pit that usually insta wipes OH infantry. Sorry that I refuse to go spearhead every game...
weren't you constricted to go ostruppen every game as ost how can you play 2 doc at the same time :snfPeter::snfPeter:

Oh as for OkW base buildings. Only 1 of them has a defensive gun.

NONE OF THEM MAGICALLY GLOW GREEN AND BECOME NEAR INDESTRUCTIBLE

NOME OF THEM WITH A PRESS OF A BUTTON CAN SELF REPAIR WELL I GUESS YOU CAN'T SELF REPAIR ALL BUILDINGS WITH 1 PRESS

YOU CAN'T BECOME INDESTRUCTIBLE WHILE SELF REPAIRING

OH you lost a bofers? Doesn't set you back a tier. It doesn't cost you 120 fuel to rebuild. And you can't upgrade them to have more health

like a 70% damage reduction free ability

I guess you have exactly the same problem with retreat then?
After all, it unfairly makes opponent troops faster and hard to shoot at and therefore hard to kill.

You have no comprehension of why brace is there at all. I bet you never even played brits yourself to actually get a clue on what you're talking about.
25 May 2016, 14:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 May 2016, 14:26 PMKatitof

I guess you have exactly the same problem with retreat then?
After all, it unfairly makes opponent troops faster and hard to shoot at and therefore hard to kill.

You have no comprehension of why brace is there at all. I bet you never even played brits yourself to actually get a clue on what you're talking about.
give the emplacement to ost see how the game get balanced and I play Brit more than ost try to kill the emplacement with 2 stug when there is at to support it brace make it inv
25 May 2016, 14:31 PM

SOmetimes Im amazed why people without a single replay post so much in balance section.
25 May 2016, 14:32 PM

SOmetimes Im amazed why people without a single replay post so much in balance section.
I made my suggestion I'm not imposing it to anyone but I get called insane and retard without getting no real reply from the others kat is always there to troll you even on the Churchill post I just buffed the Churchill he is still not happy or giving any opinion
25 May 2016, 14:35 PM

I made my suggestion I'm not imposing it to anyone but I get called insane and retard without getting no real reply from the others kat is always there to troll you even on the Churchill post I just buffed the Churchill he is still not happy or giving any opinion

You'd like to be taken seriously while you are posting video of tiger vs churchill at point blank from 09.2015 and using this as a argument...
25 May 2016, 14:37 PM
25 May 2016, 14:37 PM

You'd like to be taken seriously while you are posting video of tiger vs churchill at point blank from 09.2015 and using this as a argument...
i said that the Churchill gun is not at t 34-76 lvl and if we buff it we need to cont that in the equation and did I said nerf the gun ?
25 May 2016, 14:39 PM

I wonder what would happen if after brace wore off the emplacements couldn't fire for ~20 seconds. Opportunity to take it out.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS