Login

russian armor

Amusing - Pqumsieh and mate vs HelpingHans/NoLuckyStrike

14 Jul 2013, 03:52 AM

You can check out his stream from last night here: http://www.twitch.tv/pqumsieh/b/429678098

Two games. Result: The devs won as Axis, the "pros" won as Axis.

Hmm, maybe this says something about balance, eh?

2v2 needs to be viable guys. It has to be.

14 Jul 2013, 04:19 AM

"what if I don't get in the building?"

What if you change this invincible building cover mechanism to what is was in vCOH?

Ewo
14 Jul 2013, 05:03 AM

It says nothing about balance. Let's for a second assume that I prefer to play germans (which I do) and I really suck as soviet (which I also do) I would naturally be stronger as german in a game.

It's not unreasonable to speculate that the same is valid for the players in the vod. There are a lot of people who prefer Ostheer because it's more similar to what they are used to from CoH. If we for a second just consider the chance that both teams simply are better alround as germans than as soviets, then it really isn't a balance issue at all.

For example in game 1 Hans and Noluckystrike actually takes pretty much the entire map before losing some of it again. It would be quite rational to reach the conclusion that they simply made errors as soviet rather than blame it on balance.

If you want to conclude that 2v2 isn't viable atm, get some data gathering going that proves that an absurd majority of 2v2's are won by german players and make your case. Not based on this..
14 Jul 2013, 05:12 AM

Until the SU85 gets some form of nerf, Soviets are still extremely viable.
14 Jul 2013, 05:23 AM

2v2 is much iffier with the new mortars I find...If they would just fix the damn buildings so the health bar would actually tell you whether your squad was going to be insta-gibbed or not.

I dunno, this game is just really hard to play right now. I'm working on a strat that involves more conscripts and less reliance on cars and snipers and stuff, as they just slow the teching but it's rough going. As 3v3 and 4v4 are totally busted, it stands to reason 2v2 would be busted to a lesser extent in my opinion. At least in 2v2 you stand a much greater chance of being able to take out an Opel due to map size, so there is that...

I would pay Relic another $50 to see the win/loss stats!

14 Jul 2013, 06:08 AM

There were three games, Hans & Lucky won first as soviet (though PQ did play very poorly in that one).
14 Jul 2013, 06:26 AM

You can check out his stream from last night here: http://www.twitch.tv/pqumsieh/b/429678098

Sounds like you're cherry picking here.

Sample size: 2
result: axis wins in both

This sample size is just way too small to make any correct conclusions.
14 Jul 2013, 08:29 AM
Donator 11

i had a lot of success with germans recently, but my soviets arent that good. i used to go maxim-->t3 in beta, and neither maxims (this building costs so much and delays you extremely!), nor t34 seems to be that good anymore. i will switch to abusing flamerhalftracks and then su85, this seems to be much stronger, even in the lategame, you can really kill the german armor.
summary: soviets seem to be week, if you dont abuse m3 and su85.
14 Jul 2013, 09:17 AM

Turning 2 2v2s that were won by the same faction into a balance discussion. Give it a rest already.
14 Jul 2013, 09:29 AM

Eh, I've seen worse.

Remember SNF 4 Semis? I remember Barton making a troll thread saying that Germans were OP after they won 5/0

But that actually turned into a balance discussion.

Only on coh2.org
14 Jul 2013, 13:15 PM

Hey, I played a few games today, as Soviets. Everytime I got defeated, it was by Axis.
I think Axis is OP.
14 Jul 2013, 14:01 PM

Hey, I played a few games today, as Soviets. Everytime I got defeated, it was by Axis.
I think Axis is OP.

I was mirror matching with Axis today. Everytime I lost, Axis won.

Axis OP.
14 Jul 2013, 16:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2013, 14:01 PMhubewa

I was mirror matching with Axis today. Everytime I lost, Axis won.

Axis OP.

Axis is so OP that it beats even itself.
Only Relic postRelic 14 Jul 2013, 20:45 PM

Doesn't really say anything, we mostly lost the first games because we didn't play 2v2s for a long time and we were not supporting each other.
15 Jul 2013, 01:52 AM

2v2's can be viable, but they aren't the priority. There's combinations that can happen in 2v2 that are otherwise impossible early on.

2v2 is vastly different because all resources are doubled (that is, both players on a team are receiving equal amounts of resources), while some of the maps don't reflect any changes in resource layout (some of them are even 1v1 maps). You then have a battle with more units, ove ra map not necessarily designed for 2v2.

Furthermore, 2v2's have their own metagame, apart from 1v1. They have similarities, but many strategies that work in 1v1, can be easily shoved aside in 2v2, because a teammate could have the counter you would have otherwise missed in 1v1. It took a long time for 2v2's to become popular in vCoH, because the state of the game was not mature enough.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★