Login

russian armor

Skins - winter in summer

27 May 2016, 19:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 16:55 PMCrystal
Hmpf, the Ardennes Pattern was, indeed, just under my eyes. Better open them next time :faint:

jump backJump back to quoted post27 May 2016, 17:48 PMCasTroy

No problem, buddy. :D

Those are nice photos. The only thing is, that all of these photos are ones I agree do exist. The 'dark and khaki' (as relic calls is) is just a bunch different in game. I'm fine with all the Ostheer camos as those are all good but I think relic got a little bit weird with the western armies.
27 May 2016, 20:12 PM

As i said, most of the camos ( in particular the Two-Done Pattern and the US ones ) can't be exactly historically accurate, because they were Field-Painted Pattern :)

Also, the colors can be slightly different in the game yes. It's the case for some skins.

Here are some for the US ones :

Dog company Camouflage

Four Color Pattern

27 May 2016, 20:33 PM

I think they added the summer skins in winter and vice versa as a way to expand their war spoils pool as it almost doubles the number of skin items.

The funny thing about the Dog Company and Four Color Camos is though they were painted on american built tanks those tanks were in british service at the time like in the pictures above. So in a way those camos would make more sense as UKF ones.

I always thought the US Field Modified camos looked funny with the black patches but I recently read a good book about US armored operations in western europe and come US armies did indeed use black over olive drab camos. It started about the time of Operation Cobra in Normandy.

"For US i know that the Field Camouflage/Four Color Camouflage/Ardennes Field-Modified Camouflage/Baker, Dog and Fox Company Camouflages existed and were used in Europe/Afrika"

The Fox Company camo is real? With the blue and yellow stripes across the rear end? That surprises me.

I'd like to know more about the UKF Black Dapple camo, never could find any pictures or profiles of anything like it.

DW
27 May 2016, 20:53 PM

The Fox Company camo is real? With the blue and yellow stripes across the rear end? That surprises me.

I saw a picture of it, and it surprised me too ! That's why i remember it :D

But it's difficult to find specific camouflages of Ww2 on Internet. At least i don't really know where to search.

For UKF i only know the Olive Drab camouflage, The Desert Yellow ( who don't ? :rolleyes: ) and the famous Counter Scheme mostly used by the Desert Rats. ( Even though it got this famous color mistake B-) )
28 May 2016, 09:56 AM

Just found this browsing the WWII Daily Pic Thread.

This one is clearly CoH2 Dog Company Skin used by the Brits, unfortunately there are no further information. Place is perhaps somewhere in the mediterranean, maybe Sicilly or Italy.

This one looks ugly. Perhaps CoH2 U.S. Field Camouflage Skin used by the British?

31 May 2016, 09:43 AM

I guess all this does is beg the question: Why desert skins in a game which takes place entirely in Europe?
31 May 2016, 09:45 AM

Still, I don't buy the 4 color pattern or the blue and yellow back US tanks cause there aren't any photos from the time.

I also think it's totally possible to do accurate US skins whether or not they were field applied. Most of the German ones were too.
31 May 2016, 10:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 May 2016, 09:43 AMSchmitz
I guess all this does is beg the question: Why desert skins in a game which takes place entirely in Europe?

31 May 2016, 10:15 AM

Desert camos are acceptable for the coolness of diversity. White tanks in summer is not.
4 Jun 2016, 06:58 AM

Desert camos are acceptable for the coolness of diversity. White tanks in summer is not.

I don't want diversity. I want (at least) semi-historical accurateness. That's why I play a WWII game and not star craft.
4 Jun 2016, 20:54 PM

I don't want diversity. I want (at least) semi-historical accurateness. That's why I play a WWII game and not star craft.

I know but, right now, we have freakin white skins in summer. With that in mind, it just seems a bit much to ask for less desert camos in forests.
4 Jun 2016, 21:13 PM

But you're not alone and not supposed to be alone on this game :)

I'm by your side, but you must take all opinions in consideration, not just yours.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★