Login

russian armor

Churchill is garbage

22 May 2016, 23:07 PM

As usual, relic overnerfed yet another unit that was probably performing a little too well. I haven't seen a churchill built since. Even with the latest cost reduction I don't see it ever being made.

It shares the same terrible role with the Kv-1. A "damage sponge" that faces superior AT and shreck blobs. It spends 90% of its life being repaired, and the rest of the time it does pretty much nothing.

I propose that the churchill be limited to 1 built at a time, but give it a allied-wide aura like the Wehr Command Tank. I think it would add an interesting element to the fight, kill the churchill buffing the army or ignore the relatively harmless box of hitpoints and try to kill the buffed units first?
22 May 2016, 23:19 PM

It's biggest issue is that it gives away to much VET to anything that can get through its armour, which is pretty much everything.

22 May 2016, 23:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2016, 23:07 PMArclyte
I haven't seen a churchill built since.
That´s rather because the Comet is overperforming.

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2016, 23:07 PMArclyte
give it a allied-wide aura like the Wehr Command Tank. I think it would add an interesting element to the fight
It could actually give a small bonus to infantry as it was an Infantry tank in the British doctrine. Something like +10 accuracy for nearby infantry could work.
22 May 2016, 23:54 PM

320 armor (panther)
1280 hp (king tiger)
510 mp 185 fuel
16 pop (panther)

there.

23 May 2016, 00:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 May 2016, 23:19 PMGumboot
It's biggest issue is that it gives away to much VET to anything that can get through its armour, which is pretty much everything.

Plz, dont write what you dont know about.

Vet depends of resourse value of damage dealt, if your unit does lots of damage to cheap tank it gain way less experience than if it did less damage to an expensive tank. Churchiil is relatively cheap and has huge hp poll which makes experience rewarded by doing verry little % hp damage even lesser than a little.

Churchill is one of the most, if not the most unrewarding tank to shot at experience-wise.
23 May 2016, 00:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2016, 00:15 AMJadame!

Vet depends of resourse value of damage dealt, if your unit does lots of damage to cheap tank it gain way less experience than if it did less damage to an expensive tank. Churchiil is relatively cheap and has huge hp poll which makes experience rewarded by doing hp damage even less. Its one of the most, if not the most unrewarding tank to shot at experience-wise.

540 mp and 180 fuel isn't cheap

even with the reduced price of 490 mp 160 fuel is still pretty pricey

and penetration shot taking away ~11% of a tank's hp grants more experience than a deflected shot dealing 0% damage.
23 May 2016, 00:35 AM

and penetration shot taking away ~11% of a tank's hp grants more experience than a deflected shot dealing 0% damage.

Compared to what? kv1 or t34? How about tanks which people actually use in game?

Its nothing, and it was biggest problem with churchills on release where tanks dealt collosal amount of damage to them recieving little more than nothing in return.

You cant argue with that
Churchill is one of the most, if not the most unrewarding tank to shot at experience-wise.
even after hp nerf.
23 May 2016, 03:07 AM

Vet depends of resourse value of damage dealt, if your unit does lots of damage to cheap tank it gain way less experience than if it did less damage to an expensive tank. Churchiil is relatively cheap and has huge hp poll which makes experience rewarded by doing verry little % hp damage even lesser than a little.

No need to be condescending bro. And he is right - you get EXP per shot, it doesnt have to penetrate.
Thats why you get vet 4 Volks after they've tried to hit a tank twice.

+1

23 May 2016, 05:00 AM

And he is right - you get EXP per shot, it doesnt have to penetrate.

Nonsense.
23 May 2016, 05:11 AM

No, Ostheer Tiger is garbage.
23 May 2016, 05:52 AM

I wouldn't say its garbage, its just overpriced atm. When you compare it to the comet which is 500mp 185fu compared to the Churchill 540mp 180fu, the comet is usually the more logical choice.

The Churchill is a good meat shield and the main gun is surprisingly strong vs infantry. Repairing the large hp pool isn't a problem when you have anvil engineers. A cost reduction to 500mp 160fu would be nice, I think the balance mod has reduced the cost to a similar price.
23 May 2016, 06:11 AM

I think, if we will buff Churchill more it will once turn into KT...

But seriously, it's fine. Deals with infantry, middle tanks, has so much HP and armor, that PaK 43 or Elephant sometimes becoming your only option to survive, cos even Panthers don't deal enough damage.

23 May 2016, 06:49 AM

No need to be condescending bro. And he is right - you get EXP per shot, it doesnt have to penetrate.
Thats why you get vet 4 Volks after they've tried to hit a tank twice.

Play the game then post on the forum, not the opposite please
23 May 2016, 07:03 AM

Its getting a buff next patch.
Cost decrease only, but still a buff.

It'll make KV-1 look shitty AF again though.
23 May 2016, 07:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2016, 05:00 AMJadame!

Nonsense.

I definitely didn't say all shots grant EXP. I will do the numbers and get back to you (At work) but just because I don't wrack up 1000+ comments doesn't mean I do not know shit. Played since release (well when AMD drivers got fixed) and I know how the EXP system works.

Even without the numbers though, if you have an expensive (regardless of what you believe) tank which has a low armour value and large target size. Means that a greater % of shots are giving an EXP value. If the value is lower then that issued say by penetrating a Panther it is relative to the % of time you will achieve EXP split between full pen and deflection. As I said in the office and unfortunately not paid to justify myself to people online.
23 May 2016, 07:58 AM

any one tried churchill + command vehicle(AEC or bren ) + Firefly ?? or a single comet is better than that ?
23 May 2016, 08:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2016, 07:58 AMImSkemo
any one tried churchill + command vehicle(AEC or bren ) + Firefly ?? or a single comet is better than that ?

Single comet might not be better then that, but two definitely are.

ATM with current price, churchill is suicide.
23 May 2016, 08:17 AM

The Churchill should get armor values in between that of a Tiger and IS-2. The health pool should go down to that of other heavy tanks. I don´t like that there is no reward for flanking and circling it with mediums as it takes way too many shots to finish. Meanwhile most guns go through the frontal armor. Thus smart usage of the Churchill isn´t rewarded nor is bad usage punished. I think it´s rather boring.
23 May 2016, 08:33 AM

I think, if we will buff Churchill more it will once turn into KT...

But seriously, it's fine. Deals with infantry, middle tanks, has so much HP and armor, that PaK 43 or Elephant sometimes becoming your only option to survive, cos even Panthers don't deal enough damage.

The king tiger's durability is not the only thing that make it fearsome, it's the fact it's got the 88mm kwk 43 doom cannon.

Even if churchill have the same hp and armor as the king tiger, the king tiger is still going to be the stronger unit.

We are not even complaining about the churchill's gun, as those knowledgeable recognize the fact that the 75mm ROQF was a "ok" gun at best.
23 May 2016, 08:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 May 2016, 08:06 AMKatitof

ATM with current price, churchill is suicide.

Its not suicide it just isn't as viable. Taking into account your opponents army composition the Churchill can be very useful, obviously if the enemy has a large amount of tank destroyers like jp4s and stugs, the Churchill is a bad option. However, if he has turreted tanks like p4s or even panthers and AT based inf Churchills can still have a significant effect.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 57

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight