Login

russian armor

Petition to revert crushing change

PAGES (9)down
23 May 2016, 15:49 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Indeed, but with snares now available to all German factions crushing is a real risk. If you run in you are in serious danger of being snared. Worse still if you kill the shooter you get instantly snared (assuming you fall below the damage threshold). I agree that M10 and Cromwell rounding up infantry and then squashing them is stupid, but these tanks may need to be treated differently because of their insanely high speed and rotation.

I understand the point. I don't now how the mechanic works exactly, but isn't Infantry diving out of a vehicle path anyway?
23 May 2016, 16:01 PM

I really feel like removing crush is probably the most inelegant option for fixing a problem with a few tanks.

Infantry spacing and movement behaviors have always been extremely terrible in CoH2, despite very obvious and simple fixes. That combined with vehicle pathing being terrible for not so obvious or simple reasons created a situation that needed addressing.

The specific technique for maximizing crushes, especially with hitbox-wonky tanks was problematic, but I'm not sure if removing it from most vehicles that were capable of crushing is the way to go.

But that aside, I'm fairly certain most problems with infantry clumping together to get crushed all at once is as much a player issue as a map design issue.
23 May 2016, 16:57 PM

I understand the point. I don't now how the mechanic works exactly, but isn't Infantry diving out of a vehicle path anyway?

I am not sure I quite understand the question, but if it is how instant snares work it is when the shooter is actually crushed. Since there is no animation the game triggers the response, i.e., damage and possible critical.

If you are asking about rounding infantry up, indeed infantry attempt to dodge an incoming tank, which is predictable to a degree, and a player can force them into a narrow area and then simply touch them with the tank to kill them.

If we make infantry ignore vehicles that could actually make things worse by causing infantry to make very obvious targets and requiring more micro on the infantry player's part. The beauty of the individual decision making at the computer end is that it removes the need for micro on the player's part and also allows likely better options to be taken because the player cannot control individuals, only squad choices.

If I still missed it ask me again and I will try to answer.

Side note, tanks must be moving on some axis for them to gain crush. Stationary tanks can be touched by infantry without threat.
24 May 2016, 00:58 AM

crushing looks retarded and plays retarded.

It feels a lot like the jeep/bike pushing in vcoh. Just dumb cheesy shit.
24 May 2016, 01:48 AM

I agree in competitive sense crushing is kinda like cheese. BUT, I can also see the other side of crush taking out blobing n00b to teach them a lesson lol.

I don't think crushing is a problem for competitive players who know to retreat squad when tank is close by.

The problem are the blobers who are getting pwned by my Cromwell.
24 May 2016, 09:22 AM

Just posting this here.

Such abuse of game mechanics. I don't think removing infantry crush is the only solution Relic thought of, but it's probably the only real way to fix this.

It should not be kept in because of blobs. Blobs should have better counters than this, like MGs and AoE damage.
24 May 2016, 09:32 AM

Balance aside, removing crush from meds feels like bandaid half arsed fix by removing very imprtant, one of franchise defining features.

What next?
Weapons always hit, but have only different dmg values?
Vet adds only HP and dmg?
Company of Herocraft 2:legacy of "I can't press retreat in time" scrubs rename?
The only vehicles able to crush being the ones who are too slow to actually do it?

No from me on removing crush.
24 May 2016, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 09:32 AMKatitof
Balance aside, removing crush from meds feels like bandaid half arsed fix by removing very imprtant, one of franchise defining features.

Well it's hardly known as Company of Crushers now is it?
24 May 2016, 09:41 AM

Just for my interest. Why are people not able to do a normal poll without any psychic manipulations?
Many the polls I see on this board are biased as well as this one.

It might be a small thing to complain but it annoys me and it distorts results.

There are even worse cases that tend to be like this:

Question: Do you want to see unit XYZ in the game?

a) YES! :-)
b) No, I am a moron.

This fucking sucks guys, please stop it.
24 May 2016, 09:50 AM

The crusher is a blobbers worst nightmare.

Never before has there been such a clear indicator of player style/"skill" in one thread.
24 May 2016, 09:52 AM

Well it's hardly known as Company of Crushers now is it?

Its known as immersive WW2 RTS.
And its kind of immersion breaking when a medium tank bumps into you frontally at top speed and it only shoves you away while you are pinned on the ground.
24 May 2016, 09:53 AM

Just for my interest. Why are people not able to do a normal poll without any psychic manipulations?

Oh shit! I was totally going to vote no, but the little smiley totally swayed me with it's "psychic" powers.

Damn you subliminal messengers!

24 May 2016, 09:55 AM

So what next?

I have few ideas:

1. Let's remove shooting through obsctales for AVRE and ST becasue they can wipe whole army and it's unacceptable to kill my blob!
2. Let's increase nades' tamiers at 5secs so even scrubs can dodge it!
3. No more bounces! Bouncing provides unfair advantage to highy armored vehicles!
etc...
etc..
etc.

Yes, let's make the game more boring by taking away cool stuff.
Crushing is not some miracle strat. It punished blobbers, but agasint decent opponent it is risky.

It'a micro vs micro tactic. Better player will win it.
Maybe we should remove all micro tactics from the game?
24 May 2016, 13:40 PM

So what next?

I have few ideas:

1. Let's remove shooting through obsctales for AVRE and ST becasue they can wipe whole army and it's unacceptable to kill my blob!
2. Let's increase nades' tamiers at 5secs so even scrubs can dodge it!
3. No more bounces! Bouncing provides unfair advantage to highy armored vehicles!
etc...
etc..
etc.

Yes, let's make the game more boring by taking away cool stuff.
Crushing is not some miracle strat. It punished blobbers, but agasint decent opponent it is risky.

It'a micro vs micro tactic. Better player will win it.
Maybe we should remove all micro tactics from the game?

If crushing is bad, then Relic should completely remove the Kubels ability to push around infantry. Crushing was real (though maybe not so much with open-topped vehicles like M10's). An unarmored Kubel pushing a squad of infantry out of cover is completely unrealistic and retarded. It nullifies good positioning. Somehow, that is okay but punishing a-moving blobbers isn't.
24 May 2016, 14:07 PM

I think Cookie made the poll after the post was live...
24 May 2016, 14:18 PM
Donator 11

Well, this is the least biased poll that I've seen on this forum for like a year... Cookiez gave the smiley becouse people demanded poll on thread named "petition" while you normally don't sign petitions if you disagree.

But generally you are right ofc. Most polls are really biased and this is something to look at.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 13:40 PMGrumpy

If crushing is bad, then Relic should completely remove the Kubels ability to push around infantry. Crushing was real (though maybe not so much with open-topped vehicles like M10's). An unarmored Kubel pushing a squad of infantry out of cover is completely unrealistic and retarded. It nullifies good positioning. Somehow, that is okay but punishing a-moving blobbers isn't.

A car pushing infantry out of cover is unrealistic only becouse it doesn't kill, or at least harm, infantry in question :D Pushing is kind of compromise between realistic behaviour and common sense. I mean it would be stupid if cars crushed infantry like tanks do, right? What would be the point to buy tanks then. So they only push infantry.

jump backJump back to quoted post24 May 2016, 09:22 AMQvazar
Just posting this here.

Such abuse of game mechanics. I don't think removing infantry crush is the only solution Relic thought of, but it's probably the only real way to fix this.

It should not be kept in because of blobs. Blobs should have better counters than this, like MGs and AoE damage.

I almost forgot how stupid the AI was in vcoh :D That soldier going behind the tank as it passes and getting crushed on rear wheel looks so ridiculous from coh2 perspective. Even though the I always thought the AI is really stupid in coh2 it shows how far it improved.
24 May 2016, 15:46 PM

Balance issues aside:
- infantry crush is a mechanic that allows a tank to extend its usefulness outside of its usual boundaries at increased risk.

- it adds depth to gameplay that would otherwise be more linear (AT infantry > tanks). Eg. An M10 can counter a single AT squad, by charging at it. But the situation can be turned into a trap with more AT hiding beyond line of sight. Without crush, there is no reason for the M10 to engage at all. Units become locked into their set roles and the game turns a little more stale.

- it works in synergy with suppression units, favoring a combined-arms approach for better results.
24 May 2016, 16:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 19:41 PMFino

Snow storms and deep snow are not gone,they just dont show up in automatch.

which is basically removed. coz most people play automatch
24 May 2016, 17:04 PM

Just adding my two cents. I think this is a horrible change. Crushing has been present since CoH1, I think I speak for many when I say we feel its a staple to the series and allows some serious micro-intensive play, as to perform the crush you will be putting your vehicle at risk, but also neglecting all your other units and potentially losing them. I think as OP said, with the introduction of fausts to Volks, crushing will not have the same impact as it once did. Trying to crush against Ost players was already risky because of the potential of panzerfausts, and now that volks have that and infantry AT on their engineer unit, it won't be an issue.
24 May 2016, 18:00 PM

which is basically removed. coz most people play automatch

What kind of messed up logic is that?
Guess that means that the campaign basically doesnt exist,because most people dont play it.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS