Login

russian armor

Sooo still OPW??

20 May 2016, 08:17 AM

I am having the hardest time beating OKW 1v1 or 2v2. They are an unstoppable force that cannot be stopped. I main USF and I never had a problem before, but now all of a sudden, I cannot beat OKW for the life of me. Well, I can beat bad players but anyone who has the slightest clue just rolls me over. I always put up a good fight, but no matter what you do, you just cannot stop them, at least as USF. There's no way to stop early strums who can almost take 2 rifle squads in medium cover, Kubels support volks and they can also take 2 squads; I mean, it probably sounds like I'm complaining because I am! build mgs? Nope, Luch. Build Captain? Luch plus schreks. They can hold you from any point and when they plant that medic truck, you can't do anything what so ever. I mean, it's getting pretty damn bad. Someone help, give advice, anything... and believe me, I have tried absolutely everything as USF. I'm also a veteran player so don't say anything like "you don't know how to play the game." top 200 in most factions.

20 May 2016, 08:21 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 08:17 AMDALT11
I am having the hardest time beating OKW 1v1 or 2v2. They are an unstoppable force that cannot be stopped. I main USF and I never had a problem before, but now all of a sudden, I cannot beat OKW for the life of me. Well, I can beat bad players but anyone who has the slightest clue just rolls me over. I always put up a good fight, but no matter what you do, you just cannot stop them, at least as USF. There's no way to stop early strums who can almost take 2 rifle squads in medium cover, Kubels support volks and they can also take 2 squads; I mean, it probably sounds like I'm complaining because I am! build mgs? Nope, Luch. Build Captain? Luch plus schreks. They can hold you from any point and when they plant that medic truck, you can't do anything what so ever. I mean, it's getting pretty damn bad. Someone help, give advice, anything... I believe me. I have tried absolutely everything as USF. I'm also a veteran player so don't say anything like "you don't know how to play the game." top 200 in most factions.

The best way, how we can help you, is that you post replays from you in Replay Review :)

Then we can see what went wrong :)

20 May 2016, 08:30 AM

The best way, how we can help you, is that you post replays from you in Replay Review :)

How can I do that? I saved it on COH2,now how do I upload it onto here? Like transfer the file from the game folder or something?
20 May 2016, 08:30 AM

How can I do that? I saved it on COH2,now how do I upload it onto here? Like transfer the file from the game folder or something?
20 May 2016, 08:34 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 08:30 AMDALT11

Make a Thread here: https://www.coh2.org/forum/109/replay-reviews

Write your problems in it and post the link from the replay upload
20 May 2016, 08:34 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 08:30 AMDALT11

Uploaded it here: https://www.coh2.org/replay
20 May 2016, 11:16 AM

They aren't really OP imo. Definitely feels like they are stronger than the vanilla factions, but against USF and Brits they feel on par. As USF go 4 rifles > medic truck > captain > AT (depending on fuel incomes) > Stuart > Major > Jackson. Grab BARs or howitzer as needed, but after Stuart. If you are Pershing commander skip Major, but if the game is very long get Major if needed for help killing heavy tanks. Pershing commander is the best right now IMO since the mines can one shot his units, my second favorite is Rifle Company for RE flamethowers but only pick that on building dominant maps like Glider or Arnhem.

I mainly play Brits in 2v2 and haven't learned how to use them yet in 1v1, no clue there.
22 May 2016, 07:49 AM

The last twenty 1v1 matches as usf all of my opponents were OKW and lost almost every single one of them. On Kolodny Ferma I had a match where I played perfectly, but still lost because he built a schwerer HQ in de middle of the map in the beginning of the match.
22 May 2016, 08:17 AM
Lead Strategist Badge

The last twenty 1v1 matches as usf all of my opponents were OKW and lost almost every single one of them. On Kolodny Ferma I had a match where I played perfectly, but still lost because he built a schwerer HQ in de middle of the map in the beginning of the match.

To Build the t4 agressiv is very risky. When he lose this, he almost lost the game.

As brit: Get a mortar pit to kill it or landmatraz

As Soviet: 120mm mortar for exmaple

As usa: Acutally y its very hard to kill a t4 as usa. You have the pakhowie but it takes too long to destroy the building
22 May 2016, 11:00 AM

Thanks for the tips Sturmpanther. Was hoping you would have some tips how to destroy it as usf, but I guess I have to use pak howitzer
22 May 2016, 11:04 AM

Thanks for the tips Sturmpanther. Was hoping you would have some tips how to destroy it as usf, but I guess I have to use pak howitzer

Use the 57mm at gun for this task, high rof and attack ground + pak howie barrage means that the t4 goes down in no time
22 May 2016, 11:08 AM

Tnx. I did try this, but the gun gets decrewed by enemy infantry before I can do serious damage. Maybe need to support it even more
22 May 2016, 12:46 PM

The thing that annoys me the most is that destroying the okw t4 doesn't delay building the king tiger. The king tiger should only be able to be built if all building are standing. in current state there is not alot of reward for destroying the t4, okw player will be like "ow well" i can't build a p4 or panther anymore, il just build a king tiger insted!!

Try Using at guns supported by a upgraded fighting position to kill the aggressive okw t4, use attack ground to shoot through the fog of war, hedges and sight blocker.
22 May 2016, 14:57 PM
Lead Strategist Badge

The thing that annoys me the most is that destroying the okw t4 doesn't delay building the king tiger. The king tiger should only be able to be built if all building are standing. in current state there is not alot of reward for destroying the t4, okw player will be like "ow well" i can't build a p4 or panther anymore, il just build a king tiger insted!!

Try Using at guns supported by a upgraded fighting position to kill the aggressive okw t4, use attack ground to shoot through the fog of war, hedges and sight blocker.

If his t4 is death--> no obers, no panther, no PIV etc. --> Use your fuel and win the game

Means you can win the game until he can tech up for KT. KT cost alot in 1vs1
22 May 2016, 15:43 PM

I guarantee you didn't play "perfectly". If I'm wrong, go ahead and win next ESL tournament, free money.

Also, if you look at the recent win ratios you will see that OKW only has a very slight win ratio advantage over other factions in 1v1 matches below rank 500, and USF actually has the highest win rate among more experienced players.

http://coh2chart.com/

Best option if you're really stuck is, as has already been suggested, to submit replays and take advice from people who aren't having the same problems.
22 May 2016, 18:53 PM

I didn't say I play perfectly every game, far from it. But in that game I played very well and certainly better than my opponent.

Also, those charts have not been updated for a long time and there's a very good reason there's so many okw players.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 69
Germany 16

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment