russian armor

[may preview] cromwell's size nerf

20 May 2016, 13:03 PM

allied fanboy alert

seems like its time for captain SWEDEN. so pls buff comet AND CROMWELL
20 May 2016, 16:00 PM

all i have to say is reduce p4 price for okw and ost
20 May 2016, 20:00 PM

AEC, LMG tommies, AT guns, insane damaging and long range vet 1 vekers. I dont quite understand how you understood the meaning of "support" in my post.

By support I meant combined arms. Right now cromwell's taget size makes it really forging early on, in this case you can pretty much YOLO early enemy tanks even if there are AT gun (with flanking ofcouse), and usually enemy tanks and AT would miss 1-2 shots which is critical considering cromwell's speed. Same with inf AT weaponary.

With new target size you wont be able to just YOLO enemy kill-and-run it, drive over AT inf and go away with it.

You need combined arms to support cromwells push. Thats the case. Main problem with correct cromwell is that it one-tank-army when it hits the field for the firts time.

AEC, tommies, atg, and vicker are nothing really extraordinarily. That's more or less the same amount of support a panzer 4 will usually get.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 13:00 PMMyself
IMO since in this patch Axis heavy play has become less powerful one should also rebalance medium Tank balance.

That has not only to do with Cromwell but with most allied medium tanks. PZIV imo are the least cost efficient tanks...

axis medium tank was left virtually untouched. In fact, the ost tech got a cost deduction, making it easier to field stuff like the panther and panzer4. Don't forget the buff to the brummbar as well.

and the nerf to the crushing ability affect allied tank significantly more than it affect the axis armor. Axis armor have always been pretty horrible at crushing infantry, but the cromwell crush infantry on a regular basis. Even people are starting to do it on the t34/76.

Make it more expensive then and leave it as it is, fine. There are not a single reson why cromwell should be better then PIV and cost less.

Assume you mean leaving the size at 18 but keep the nerf to crushing, I can agree with that.
or a cost decrease to panzer4. It feels like the medium tank match up is a bit out of sync currently.
20 May 2016, 20:57 PM

axis medium tank was left virtually untouched. In fact, the ost tech got a cost deduction, making it easier to field stuff like the panther and panzer4. Don't forget the buff to the brummbar as well.

IMO USF, OKW and Soviet come out stronger out of the patch leaving Wer and UKF trailing behind...

Brummbar lost its stun...and generally remain a bad investment. It luck ranges (out ranged by 20) and/or armor (can be penetrated reliably even at 60)and/or mobility (one of the slowest vehicles and no turret). Currently it can only be used defensively...
21 May 2016, 16:12 PM

I do not understand why Cromwells are considered Sherman size now.

Thats like ignoring a tank has sloped armour.

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 09:50 AMMyself

Churchill was actually a very good tank if it was designed for WWI but pretty lousy for WWII. But that has little impact in the game. I agree with most of the the other points. I simply don't see how people can complain about the PZIV when Crom is actually more cost efficient...

It had the best armour in the war and won the African front for the British, Tigers weren't worth shit against it. It was even used post-war.
24 May 2016, 22:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 16:12 PMDoggo
I do not understand why Cromwells are considered Sherman size now.

Thats like ignoring a tank has sloped armour.

Breaking news: The game doesn't give a shit about sloped armour. There simply is no implementation for that in the game's engine...

jump backJump back to quoted post21 May 2016, 16:12 PMDoggo

It had the best armour in the war and won the African front for the British, Tigers weren't worth shit against it. It was even used post-war.

Let's not make the historical accuracy argument, shall we? By that logic the Soviets should be able to field ten tanks for every Panzer IV and the game would automatically won by the Allied side, regardless of the actual events during the match. Notice how neither thing sounds like a smart thing to in terms of gameplay?
24 May 2016, 23:24 PM

The questions I do have are why the ostheer panzer 4 costs 125 fuel whilst being less effective than a cromwell which costs 110 fuel. Why the churchill costs so much, 160 fuel in new patch I believe, when it is near useless and only feeds veterancy ot other units and why the kv1 comes too late and costs too much when it is near useless and also only feeds veterancy to other units.

Speaking of veterancy, the kv1 has no effective veterancy..

These things don't make any sense to me
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS