Login

russian armor

Valiant assault VS For Mother Russia

19 May 2016, 10:14 AM

+25% accuracy, squads will sprint VS Standard Infantry: +0.5 armor, +50% accuracy, squads will sprint + Team Weapons: +0.5 armor, +25% accuracy to AT guns, Mortars, and all artillery.
+50% accuracy to HMG's

they have the same cost and cps but not the duration or the bonuses. the VA lasts for 30 sec and FMR 60 sec

Is clear that these abillties need to be balanced out.
19 May 2016, 10:35 AM
Senior Caster Badge

You are overlooking something incredibly obvious, for Mother Russia then has a long punishing debuff after.
19 May 2016, 10:41 AM

You are overlooking something incredibly obvious, for Mother Russia then has a long punishing debuff after.

I think that "For Mother Russia" no longer has a cooldown.

However the "right" way to use valiant assault is to help a schreck (soon, faust+schreck) blob close in on enemy tanks. Soviets don't have access to AT infantry (and conscripts can already hoorah without the ability anyway).
19 May 2016, 10:43 AM

As far as i know, there are no debuffs. Relic removed them a long time ago.

COH2 ability guide
19 May 2016, 11:06 AM

this is a joke thread right?

for mother russia is on a garbage commander
19 May 2016, 11:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 11:06 AMArclyte

And that negates his direct comparison between two distinct abilities how exactly?

19 May 2016, 11:48 AM

because directly comparing anything in a vacuum is stupid in CoH2? soviets depend on their commanders more than anyone else, and counterattack sucks

Meanwhile OKW has the best baseline units in the game

When was the last time anyone saw counterattack being used? Before the B-4 nerf? I see valiant assault being used on volk blobs to chase down armor all the time
19 May 2016, 12:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 11:06 AMArclyte

You have the right to your opinion, mine is that it is a good commander. Not the best but solid.
1 KV1 and techi after it, with 2-3 cons, shock troopers combined with "FMR" can be very good.
19 May 2016, 12:06 PM

You have the right to your opinion, mine is that it is a good commander. Not the best but solid.
1 KV1 and techick after it, with 2-3 cons shocktroopers combined with "FMR" can be very good.

If they were THAT good, everyone would use it.

On the contrary, Falls doc is almost top-most choice, even on high ranked game.
19 May 2016, 12:27 PM

If they were THAT good, everyone would use it.

On the contrary, Falls doc is almost top-most choice, even on high ranked game.

I did say that it is a good commander, not THAT good. And if you combine his abilities right you can have a very good result. I saw high ranked games where he was used and actually won.

Again, its not the best one but a solid one.
19 May 2016, 12:42 PM

We'll ignore what kind of units and weapons are buffed right?

Both abilities were fine for the past 2 years, they'll be fine for the following few.
19 May 2016, 14:25 PM

Well Soviet non doctrinal infantry seems kind of sh*t compared to OKW non doc infantry...maybe that is the catch?
19 May 2016, 14:51 PM

Valiant Assault only affect inf, not team weapon so FMR affect all your inf, not just your mainline unit, especially in the old day of Maxim spam, FMR make Maxim + Zis nearly unbeatable. VA is used more liberally than FMR, on the whole both abilities are comparable.
19 May 2016, 14:58 PM

does FMR increase the accuracy of the b4 like it used to buff its damage? anyone know?
19 May 2016, 15:10 PM

does FMR increase the accuracy of the b4 like it used to buff its damage? anyone know?

It doesn't.
It used to increase damage by 50%, but at the moment it does nothing for it if I remember correctly.
19 May 2016, 15:57 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

yeah theres definitely no debuffs for mother russia anymore. not even a speed debuff.

back to main topic, OKW has shreks infantry, ober lmgs, falls, etc that get affected by valiant assault, basically units that are really strong without a buff.

soviets infantry wise get conscripts, which are shit for dps, lets be real and then shocks. who have to get penile sword fighting range close to do ober like damage. and then like engineers.

and maybe penals.
but nobody goes penals+shock doc in this current patch.
that leaves the team weapons like the maxim, which doesnt get the speed buff, and to top it off, when it suppresses stuff, its accuracy gain gets offset due to how supression works unless the enemy squad is unlucky to not get suppressed or is in green cover.

so its obvious, and not an issue as to why the soviet alahu akbar ability is so strong in comparison to valiant assault to me.

20 May 2016, 11:09 AM

then just reduce the cost to 50 muni.
20 May 2016, 11:58 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post19 May 2016, 11:48 AMArclyte

When was the last time anyone saw counterattack being used? Before the B-4 nerf? I see valiant assault being used on volk blobs to chase down armor all the time

Well I used the B4 in a 2vs2 a couple of days ago, against double OKW on crossing in the woods. Got 40+ kills with the B4 :sibPheasant: [I used those 3x3% accuracy bulletins for the B4]
To be fair, the scatter is to much. Even on small maps like crossing. For a single shot with a relative long cooldown.
I thought FMR affects the howitzer accuracy as well...
20 May 2016, 15:53 PM

well yes it is overperforming compared to VA.....what ability is better for faction or not is an external point to the direct comparison....its just bad design by relic part valiant assault should be something else or different ability if not at least reduce its price and increase duration
20 May 2016, 16:14 PM
Senior Caster Badge

yeah theres definitely no debuffs for mother russia anymore. not even a speed debuff.

Okay cheers.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS