Login

russian armor

Week 3 Update to the Balance Mod

PAGES (8)down
20 May 2016, 20:11 PM

light gammon bomb has shorter fuse time ( most important) and i think better aoe far damage.

Also relic plz look at falls they suck terribly especially against vet 3 rifles and tommies

The Fallschirmjäger should be like in CoH1. The FG42 should be a slow firing, heavy damage dealing, assalt rifle. Not this kind of SMG like an UZI
20 May 2016, 20:18 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Oh jeez, I just realised that Grenade buff effects Falls and Obers too. I am having terrifying thoughts of Fallschirms instapoping out of houses and wiping AT guns with the nade with no chance to react.
20 May 2016, 20:24 PM

Oh jeez, I just realised that Grenade buff effects Falls and Obers too. I am having terrifying thoughts of Fallschirms instapoping out of houses and wiping AT guns with the nade with no chance to react.

the same goes for insertion commandos.
20 May 2016, 20:30 PM

On the topic of Falls...

I'm not sure if it has been brought up yet, but shouldn't fallschirmjager have their target size changed from 0.87 to 0.80 like other veteran infantry? Paratroopers too. Target size reference:

Rangers: 0.8
Royal Eng: 0.8
Tommies: 0.8
Paratroopers: 1.0

PGs: 0.8
Jaeger: 0.8
Falls: 0.87
20 May 2016, 20:32 PM

The Fallschirmjäger should be like in CoH1. The FG42 should be a slow firing, heavy damage dealing, assalt rifle. Not this kind of SMG like an UZI

Better give them another weapon then. FG42 had higher RoF than an UZI.

The full auto was probably rarely used though.
20 May 2016, 23:23 PM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

As the balance of the gun shifted as it fired due to the side mounted clip, (combined with the fact that automatic fire hits jack shit at range) it was pretty much impossible to use auto at medium-long combat ranges.
21 May 2016, 00:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 May 2016, 23:23 PMwouren

As the balance of the gun shifted as it fired due to the side mounted clip, (combined with the fact that automatic fire hits jack shit at range) it was pretty much impossible to use auto at medium-long combat ranges.

Yep, thus the "rarely used"
21 May 2016, 00:54 AM

with no chance to react.
With a visible, relatively long animation you have enough time to react.

Good thing is they become invisible at vet 2 and not right when popping out.

@RedDevil: Falls are OK now. Their vet bonuses make up for every supposed shortcomings.

ON topic; Will they finally add smoke barrage for the leIG?!
21 May 2016, 00:55 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

Yep, thus the "rarely used"

Just agreeing with you c:
21 May 2016, 02:28 AM

@RedDevil: Falls are OK now. Their vet bonuses make up for every supposed shortcomings.
I can't seem to find the numbers for their vet. Do you have them on hand?

Also, what do you think about Paratroopers? That seems to be a pretty mediocre commander, and the Airborne could use a small buff. Even 0.9 instead of the current 1.0.

ON topic; Will they finally add smoke barrage for the leIG?!
Er, I think your whole post was on topic unless you're thinking this is the nerf LeIG thread. :P
21 May 2016, 02:42 AM

https://www.coh2.org/guides/29892/the-company-of-heroes-2-veterancy-guide

Paras too reward micro with vet. Due to their high RA and numerous models they bleed MP like hell but if you manage to vet them up then you got yourself a real exterminator unit.

:p
21 May 2016, 06:28 AM

*Infiltration commandos
*Light Gammon bomb perfectly balanced TM

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
21 May 2016, 08:17 AM

Depends on the version. FG42 Ausf. E had about 900 rounds, while the Ausf. G had 750 rounds. UZI is iirc about 600 to 650 rounds (only had this in Bundeswehr time as MP2). Also there were even more Ausf. from the FG42

Still the 8mm Mauser packed a punch like a donkey. Even more than current nato 7,62 rounds. So "rarely" is kinda underrated :D

And than this SMG behaviour is kinda bullshit. It should be semi automatic or "slow" automatic fire like in CoH1 with a good punch and not this pee shooter SMG style.
21 May 2016, 09:48 AM

Depends on the version. FG42 Ausf. E had about 900 rounds, while the Ausf. G had 750 rounds. UZI is iirc about 600 to 650 rounds (only had this in Bundeswehr time as MP2). Also there were even more Ausf. from the FG42

Still the 8mm Mauser packed a punch like a donkey. Even more than current nato 7,62 rounds. So "rarely" is kinda underrated :D

And than this SMG behaviour is kinda bullshit. It should be semi automatic or "slow" automatic fire like in CoH1 with a good punch and not this pee shooter SMG style.

Dunno which model is used in Coh2, but I haven't found any sources saying that the RoF dropped to <600rpm with the later models (model II, which is what ausf G was called I believe, = 600-750rpm). Then there's other type of "uzi" nowadays with way higher RoF of course.

Yeah, "rarely" is probably an understatement, as wouren elaborates as well :p. Probably only used with a bipod lmg style, or in close combat, and maybe sometimes just for shits and giggles..

To not deviate too much from topic, I do think I know what you mean now with "slow" automatic fire, not to slow down the actual rate of fire when the trigger is pressed but to make burst shorter with higher damage? I don't know how it was in coh 1.
21 May 2016, 10:25 AM

than maybe have a look at fallschirmjäger from coh1. the FG42 packed a good punch. maybe you find something from youtube
21 May 2016, 11:09 AM

than maybe have a look at fallschirmjäger from coh1. the FG42 packed a good punch. maybe you find something from youtube

I don't oppose them packing a punch, I only oppose a slowed down RoF that doesn't represent the RoF that the weapon actually had. No opinions on balance in other words, just aesthetic opinions. If you by "slow" rate of fire meant shorter & fewer burst, but with higher damage, I'm totally up for it instead of the spray´n pray behaviour. But I would hate an FG-42 firing full auto sounding like a potato digger.
25 May 2016, 04:05 AM

u know, if you want things to be used as they were designed, design them to be effective on how they are going to be used.

tanks are pretty much rng cannons right now to infantry, scatter and aoe are generally unreliable on them, sometimes they hit something per shot, sometimes they miss for 3 shots in a row, sometimes they squad wipe. there needs to be consistency on medium tanks against infantry.

lower the effective killing aoe, reduce the scatter. let the main gun be capable of wounding infantry, while the real killers being the hull mg/coaxial.

then we can use these things like proper gun platforms rather than rng machines while crushing is a more effective method to deal with infantry.
29 May 2016, 09:52 AM
Donator 11

BRING BACK CRUSH
29 May 2016, 10:22 AM

BRING BACK CRUSH - MAKE MEDIUM TANKS OP AGAIN
29 May 2016, 12:30 PM

Jager light infantry doesn't pop out from buildings with infiltration grenades ready to be thrown. So i see no point for falls to exit from buildings with their bundle grennades ready. It's not quite right.... Same should be appicable to all units that exist from buildings and can throw grenades, no matter if we speak about falls, partisans or whatever.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS