Login

russian armor

Royals can use 4 slots -- Known bug?

18 May 2016, 04:01 AM
Senior Social Media Manager Badge

If you upgrade royals with a minesweeper and a flamethrower, then throw on two PIATs or Brens from the weapon racks, you can have a fully furnished engineer squad. I know that the minesweeper plus flamethrower gimmick is a known exploit, but I'm not sure about the minesweeper plus flamethrower plus PIAT plus bren is known.
18 May 2016, 04:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 04:01 AMwouren
If you upgrade royals with a minesweeper and a flamethrower, then throw on two PIATs or Brens from the weapon racks, you can have a fully furnished engineer squad. I know that the minesweeper plus flamethrower gimmick is a known exploit, but I'm not sure about the minesweeper plus flamethrower plus vickers plus bren is known.

I noticed this one shortly after the land mattress doctrine was released. I guess I'd been assuming that it was intended (but it does seem like a bug now that you point it out.)
18 May 2016, 05:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 04:39 AMWygrif

I noticed this one shortly after the land mattress doctrine was released. I guess I'd been assuming that it was intended (but it does seem like a bug now that you point it out.)

Hey can RE with both flamethrower and minesweeper use the Anvil upgrade because it is possible you would use all 5 slots with RE.
18 May 2016, 05:14 AM

Hey can RE with both flamethrower and minesweeper use the Anvil upgrade because it is possible you would use all 5 slots with RE.

Thought this was possible too but I hadn't confirmed it with playtesting.
18 May 2016, 06:12 AM

Right, I've had a look at this in the modding tools.

First, the M2 flamethrower doesn't actually take up any slot space even though it requires an open slot to upgrade. You can grab two Brens/PIATs/Vickers after upgrading.

Second, you shouldn't be able to upgrade both the minesweeper and flamethrower at the same time. Both upgrades have a specific requirement that the other isn't present. I don't know whether this is a bug or a change that isn't in the tools.

Third, Royal Engineers only have two upgrade slots. You can have two of the minesweeper, flamethrower or heavy engineer upgrades but not all three. That still doesn't stop you from being able to have a flamethrower, Vickers K, and two Brens/Vickers/PIATs.

Last, you can always have the heavy engineer upgrade except if you have both the minesweeper and flamethrower upgrades.

I'll probably do some in-game testing though.
18 May 2016, 06:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 06:12 AMSvanh
Right, I've had a look at this in the modding tools.
First, the M2 flamethrower doesn't actually take up any slot space even though it requires an open slot to upgrade. You can grab two Brens/PIATs/Vickers after upgrading.

Are you sure? I thought it was the minesweeper that did not take a slot

Second, you shouldn't be able to upgrade both the minesweeper and flamethrower at the same time. Both upgrades have a specific requirement that the other isn't present. I don't know whether this is a bug or a change that isn't in the tools.

Shouldn't as in can't or shouldn't be able to? I tested this just today.

Third, Royal Engineers only have two upgrade slots. You can have two of the minesweeper, flamethrower or heavy engineer upgrades but not all three. That still doesn't stop you from being able to have a flamethrower, Vickers K, and two Brens/Vickers/PIATs.

Nothing will stop me from upgrading my REs with 2 vickers HMGs! I made the same mistake in my initial post (fixed it now). I've been mixing them up ever since the announcer on the halftrack said 'dropping vickers' when it was really a bren.

Last, you can always have the heavy engineer upgrade except if you have both the minesweeper and flamethrower upgrades.

Evidence that you may have mistaken the flamethrower not taking up space for the minesweeper not taking up space. The minesweeper does not take up a slot so you shouldn't be able to upgrade the flamethrower (I believe) and still get the heavy upgrade since one of them has to be blocking the upgrade.

I'll probably do some in-game testing though.

Thanks for the support!
18 May 2016, 07:07 AM

I apologise if I was unclear.

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 06:29 AMwouren
Are you sure? I thought it was the minesweeper that did not take a slot

The sapper_flamethrower upgrade adds the slot item tommy_flamethrower which has a slot_size of 0. Both the minesweeper and the flamethrower take up no slot space.

Interestingly enough, none of the minesweepers take up weapon slots.

Shouldn't as in can't or shouldn't be able to? I tested this just today.

Shouldn't be able to, as I understand it. The tools have been inaccurate before.

Nothing will stop me from upgrading my REs with 2 vickers HMGs! I made the same mistake in my initial post (fixed it now). I've been mixing them up ever since the announcer on the halftrack said 'dropping vickers' when it was really a bren.

The halftrack does actually drop a Vickers. It has the same stats as the Tommy Bren (i.e., a downgrade for Sappers), just a different model. The Vickers that Sappers get with the heavy engineer upgrade is identical but takes up no slot space.

Evidence that you may have mistaken the flamethrower not taking up space for the minesweeper not taking up space. The minesweeper does not take up a slot so you shouldn't be able to upgrade the flamethrower (I believe) and still get the heavy upgrade since one of them has to be blocking the upgrade.

There is a specific setting under the upgrade extension called number_of_slots. The description in the tools, which is correct, is "Set the limit to the number of upgrades the squad can get. -1 means unlimited upgrades.". Sappers have this set to 2.

This does not refer to weapon rack upgrades as those count as picked-up weapons.

Thanks for the support!

No worries. :)
18 May 2016, 07:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 07:07 AMSvanh
I
No worries. :)

Wow, thanks for the corrections.
18 May 2016, 08:02 AM
Patrion 14

So... basically, instead of using a weapon slot, both the minesweeper and the flamethrower use their own internal logic because fuck you, that's why.

Any chance this is easily fixable with the mod tools?

Also completely offtopic but when ever I see your avatar, wouren, I chuckle.
18 May 2016, 08:07 AM

So... basically, instead of using a weapon slot, both the minesweeper and the flamethrower use their own internal logic because fuck you, that's why.

Also completely offtopic but when ever I see your avatar, wouren, I chuckle.

Stop it Ron. Stop.
18 May 2016, 08:55 AM

After testing with the CheatCommand mod, I couldn't get both the minesweeper and flamethrower upgrade on the same Sapper squad.

Everything else holds except that you seem to be able to buy the flamethrower upgrade after dual-equipping Brens.

In other news, the Sapper cover bonus doesn't seem to be limited to the Sten in the mod tools (I thought it was fixed, so take this with a grain of salt).

Flamethrower/Vickers/Dual-Bren Sappers go! :clap:

Correct, but as far as I can tell, none of the minesweepers actually use a weapon slot.

It's extremely simple to fix in the mod tools.
18 May 2016, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 May 2016, 08:55 AMSvanh

It's extremely simple to fix in the mod tools.

So /thread then? Hopefully someone relicey notices the post.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS