Login

russian armor

(may preview post first update) okw early game

16 May 2016, 01:23 AM

The OKW AA Half-track and the 2 cm flak emplacement definitely need buffs. I'd suggest giving the AA Half-track increased health and a quicker setup time. The 2 cm flak emplacement shouldn't be able to be de-crewed. I'd rather keep the AA Half-track primarily AI & AA rather than all of the above. Either way, sturmpios + raketen + volk snare = enough AT.
16 May 2016, 02:19 AM

The OKW AA Half-track and the 2 cm flak emplacement definitely need buffs. I'd suggest giving the AA Half-track increased health and a quicker setup time. The 2 cm flak emplacement shouldn't be able to be de-crewed. I'd rather keep the AA Half-track primarily AI & AA rather than all of the above. Either way, sturmpios + raketen + volk snare = enough AT.

+1 Very good ideas
16 May 2016, 02:22 AM

/fixed4u

On topic:
We all remember old good times (right after Soviet tech overhaul) when Soviet M5/M17 shred both infantry and light vehicles like 222.
OP basically wants an anti-everything unit which is obviously bad design.

the 37mm on the US AAHT have 35 penetration as well, and that unit is significantly more mobile due to the .50cal back up. A penetration buff and shorter setup is not going to make the okw AAHT better than the US AAHT.
16 May 2016, 06:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 20:03 PMsinthe

Bofors is a hard counter to all light vehicles.

OKW free aa emplacement hard counter to medium tanks than.
16 May 2016, 07:37 AM

OKW seems indeed a litle weird in balance preview patch when fighting allied armor. It gets cornered pretty easily especialy when fighting against soviets but surely hold its corner better than ostheer.
This cornering thing I don't know if it's about adapting to new circumstances or it's because OKW lost some important part of its power, but I'm pretty sure the new penals have to do alot with it too.

There is one more thing. When Relic changed the volks' STG icon, I don't think it was just the icon. At the verry beginning, when STGs were implemented, volks were doing verry good against infantry when upgraded. But the STG icon was presenting an IR STG above the squad. And I think the upgrade was indeed with IR STGs. Now, with common STGs they are nearly as mediocre as they were. I'm not saying it's wrong, but OKW doesn't have the power it used to have in early game.
I've got the impression that soviets are on top and verry strong now while the other factions have some kind of weakness early game. The fight between a SP squad and a Penal squad will almost every time be won by the penal squad.

As I kinda' said before, the medic truck start doesn't look so appealing right now because all of these reasons. You might feel the need for a strong early AT unit like Puma to efficiently counter vehicles. Maybe introducing costs for medics and engeneers for medic and mechanized hqs for OKW was a little to much.

Then again, it could be just some adapting feeling. What do you guys think?
16 May 2016, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2016, 06:25 AMNEVEC

I would agree with you, if once the flak truck started shooting at a medium tank it was 80% guarenteed to kill it, it had an indirect fire option and was availible at the 5 min mark.
16 May 2016, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 May 2016, 06:25 AMNEVEC

You do realise that the base emplacements have their own weapon stats? Nobody is talking about adjusting those, the FlaK emplacement specifically refers to the field-buildable one in certain doctrines. But since you are not retarded, you should already know that, which begs the question as to why you're making an arse out of yourself...
16 May 2016, 19:25 PM

You do realise that the base emplacements have their own weapon stats? Nobody is talking about adjusting those, the FlaK emplacement specifically refers to the field-buildable one in certain doctrines. But since you are not retarded, you should already know that, which begs the question as to why you're making an arse out of yourself...

No flaming, plz.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS