Login

russian armor

How to play on kholdony summer as ostheer.

14 May 2016, 08:03 AM

Permanently Banned
What is the build and cap order? Should you rush buildings? What's the perfect unit composition?
any tips appreciated
14 May 2016, 08:13 AM

Perfect unit composition:
2x Pak40
2x Stug E
1x Tiger
15 May 2016, 08:37 AM

Well it depends what you're facing against, but try to always have 2 paks in kholodny it's the perfect map for double pak.

If you spawn on left go for an MG 42 and put it on the central VP house, will definitely help out.I always try to cap the northern side if I spawn left and southern side if I spawn on right.

The capping order if spawning on left:
With Pios, cap the point behind the house then cap the entire northern side except the muni point which your first grens squad should be heading.After capping the northern side, cap the mid VP with your pios and try to secure the house next to the enemy's base.Then go from there.

If spawning on the right:
With Pios,cap the point next to the house,then it's the same as the left side except your first gren squad is gonna have to cap the point behind the cutoff and the muni point as well.Try to get a gren squad in the central VP house.If not just put an MG42 in the church.

For build order:
MG42-4Gren-T1-Double 222-Pak-T3-Pak-P4-... Then go from there.

15 May 2016, 11:47 AM

Permanently Banned
Thank you. Though I am a bit hesitant on building 4 grens as I can't micro them very well. Some additional questions:

Where do you spend your munis early game? Tellers? S? Medics?

2x222 with faust support or pak?

Is it worth building bunkers anywhere and if yes then where should it be placed?

Do you suggest snipers against PPcons or an additional MG42?

Is aggressive MG42 a failure against UKF/SU on this map?
15 May 2016, 14:03 PM

I spend all my munis on LMGs put putting a teller or 2 won't hurt but the thing is you HAVE to get 4 Grens with an MG42 against USF or SU just because of the amount of infantry they have, so you should work on your micro. What I do is that I assign each squad to a control group that way you have more and quick control over your squads.

As for the medics i tend to get it while teching T1 or building T2.Double 222 with a pak if you already saw a T-70/Stuart/AEC if no just with faust support.

No, don't build bunkers in 1v1s unless it's really late game and you don't have much infantry to hold the line/VPs.

Again, if you have 4 Grens with LMGs those cons are gonna get rekt before they get close to you, just try to pick the right engagement(You in green cover, that's all that matters).Though if you really need another unit to fight them off, I would say sniper but then again your micro isn't enough to micro 4 gren squads so... yeah, go for anohter MG42 if you REALLY REALLY need it.

Nah man, aggressive MG play is very rewarding in this map especially if you can put an MG on the right player's fuel behind the tractor/truck whatever, it's gonna make him waste a lot of MP and time.

Btw, for teller spots:
Right side cutoff road,
Left side cutoff road,
Left side Central VP house (The road behind the burned down Panzer)
South Muni point(The road leading to the Central VP)
North VP road
The road next to the church(That little alleyway)
15 May 2016, 14:09 PM

There was a guide made by Jesulin i think, which explain what points cap first, what strat choose, what units make first etc. It should help you
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★