14 May 2016, 17:25 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So in the balance patch:
- Volks get ai upgrade
- Volks get snare

Now:
- Grens get 5 man squad

Congratulations, you made two unique units nearly identical.
aaa
14 May 2016, 18:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 17:25 PMTobis
So in the balance patch:
- Volks get ai upgrade
- Volks get snare

Now:
- Grens get 5 man squad

this patch is garbage patch, no skill edition - noobs dream mortar camping. I suppose they wont make it 5 models unless they care about their game single bit.
14 May 2016, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 18:06 PMaaa

this patch is garbage patch, no skill edition - noobs dream mortar camping

I dont think there's a single person on this forum that takes you seriously
14 May 2016, 18:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 18:06 PMaaa

this patch is garbage patch, no skill edition - noobs dream mortar camping

Didn't you quit the game like 8 times?
aaa
14 May 2016, 18:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 18:12 PMTobis

Didn't you quit the game like 8 times?

prove 8 times or you are chaterbox
14 May 2016, 20:42 PM

Permanently Banned
OST was already struggling against PeePee cons. Now add Super-Penals to the problem and you have the most popular Coh-Coh2 faction going ded.
14 May 2016, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 17:25 PMTobis
So in the balance patch:
- Volks get ai upgrade
- Volks get snare

Now:
- Grens get 5 man squad

Well ignoring that volks are mid sort range powerhouses and grens with lmg's are way better long range sometimes its not a bad thing that 2 units are look alike.
15 May 2016, 08:02 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 13:51 PMZyllen

I do like to remind you that with the penals buff they are more then likely going to be the new mainline infantry for the SU. Aslo until now the SU has always relied on callins or pphs upgrades.

So i dont think this argument is not really a good counter against gren 1 + man upgrade

If penals will be real SU mainline - then they should be in T0 and be affected of grenade upgrades.

It is argument, cos again - you can't buff one not bad already mainline infantry without buffing another mainline infantry, which is in way worse shape right now. That will be 1 way upgrade, but both vanilla factions mainlines should be fixed, they both have problems. Grens have poor survivability, Cons - poor firepower. If you fix first - fix second then. Otherwise you ruin balance.
15 May 2016, 12:15 PM

If penals will be real SU mainline - then they should be in T0 and be affected of grenade upgrades.

It is argument, cos again - you can't buff one not bad already mainline infantry without buffing another mainline infantry, which is in way worse shape right now. That will be 1 way upgrade, but both vanilla factions mainlines should be fixed, they both have problems. Grens have poor survivability, Cons - poor firepower. If you fix first - fix second then. Otherwise you ruin balance.

Well i will remind you that grens cannot be build in tier 0 either. But if you are worried about early game infantry balance the move the + 1 man upgrade to the ostheer tier 3. At that point scripts will always lose to grens anyway because of weapon upgrades unless they received ppsh upgrades themselves.

15 May 2016, 12:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 12:15 PMZyllen

Well i will remind you that grens cannot be build in tier 0 either. But if you are worried about early game infantry balance the move the + 1 man upgrade to the ostheer tier 3. At that point scripts will always lose to grens anyway because of weapon upgrades unless they received ppsh upgrades themselves.

Well, I don't think, that it would be better to find in SU T0 Maxims instead of Cons, lol.

And you said yourself - Cons will always lose to grens becuase of poor firepower. Why can't it be fixed with same unlockable in T3/T4 soviet weapon upgrade? It may be DPs, it may be MT LMGs, it may be PTRS, SVT rifles...

Both factions wins here - Ostheer heals poor grens survivability and makes squad death rare, SU heals poor Cons dealing damage and making them real mainlines with good possibilites to fight in late effectively. What's wrong with that? Why we should buff ONLY Grens, ignoring Cons?
15 May 2016, 12:36 PM

Well, I don't think, that it would be better to find in SU T0 Maxims instead of Cons, lol.

And you said yourself - Cons will always lose to grens becuase of poor firepower. Why can't it be fixed with same unlockable in T3/T4 soviet weapon upgrade? It may be DPs, it may be MT LMGs, it may be PTRS, SVT rifles...

Both factions wins here - Ostheer heals poor grens survivability and makes squad death rare, SU heals poor Cons dealing damage and making them real mainlines with good possibilites to fight in late effectively. What's wrong with that? Why we should buff ONLY Grens, ignoring Cons?

Poor faction design . anyway the soviets have been relying on elite callin infantry for ages now. But i think the issue will be resolved when the penals get their buff. it will make the penals the mainline while the scripts are going to be support.

I will be watching this situation closely.
15 May 2016, 18:10 PM

Grenadiers need a lategame fifth man upgrade as much as conscripts need a midgame stock PPsh upgrade.
15 May 2016, 18:21 PM

the only way i can see this happening is if there performace drops to around what a rifleman is, if not a bit of spreading out would help a bit
15 May 2016, 18:45 PM
Donator 11

Would support, great idea op.
15 May 2016, 19:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 May 2016, 12:15 PMZyllen

The upgrade is in Ostheer's T3, I put it in the description.
15 May 2016, 19:47 PM

It would be interesting if someone could put this in the balance mod to see how it would play/affect the game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★