Login

russian armor

Molotovs suck

10 May 2016, 21:25 PM

yes.. they are cheap to throw..

but they are not really any cheaper than regular grenades since it takes at least 2 to kill a garrisoned HMG.

and with the new patch, the stupid wind-up required, they will be pretty much unusable.

im actually in a game right now, and Alt+tabbed to wait for it to actually do any damage.
10 May 2016, 21:31 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2016, 21:25 PMpoop
but they are not really any cheaper than regular grenades since it takes at least 2 to kill a garrisoned HMG.

And you need more than just one regular grenade to clear buildings :snfPeter:
10 May 2016, 21:55 PM

I think they are fine. The 7% extra throwing range bullitin is also pretty sweet.
10 May 2016, 21:57 PM
Patrion 14

Compared to Volks flame nade animation time I weep when ever I try to throw a molotov.
10 May 2016, 22:10 PM
Donator 11

Problem with molotov is that it is very situational - only worth throwing for cover denial and at the same time it needs to be teched. These two factors couse that rarely anybody is using them: why would you tech for something that is situational?
10 May 2016, 22:14 PM

Compared to Volks flame nade animation time I weep when ever I try to throw a molotov.

Molotovs are 50% cheaper to trow and OKW gets side teching in new patch anyway.

10 May 2016, 22:30 PM

Molotovs are 50% cheaper to trow and OKW gets side teching in new patch anyway.

Hey, does the OKW need a specific tech upgrade to be able to throw Molotovs and another specific tech upgrade to fire a faust? no

At the very least, Soviet's At grenade and molotovs should be merged into a 250 Manpower, 20 Fuel Upgrade, and possibly add a 3rd tech to fill the empty HQ upgrade space requiring T4 called Soviet Industry that boosts vehicle production in the late game.
10 May 2016, 22:39 PM

I definitely wouldn't mind rolling the nade packages together for the price of the AT 'nade package and/or having mollies thrown faster (maybe slightly higher muni price). It made sense when Cons could Oorah directly into an MG and molly them off, but its archaic now.
10 May 2016, 22:51 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

And you need more than just one regular grenade to clear buildings :snfPeter:

Not really, if you aim at the windows were the models are shooting from. You can 1 shot squads that clump into 4/5 windows.
10 May 2016, 23:21 PM

Not really, if you aim at the windows were the models are shooting from. You can 1 shot squads that clump into 4/5 windows.

most decent player can easily dodge a frag grenade.

the incendiary grenade's biggest advantages is that it deny the use of the building.
11 May 2016, 03:22 AM

molotov and AT nades for conscript is way too expensive, they should be a bundle.......

Free panzerfuast, rifle nade, flame grenade laugh at cons
11 May 2016, 03:51 AM

Molotovs perform fine for their munition cost. They're a cheap and effective way of denying buildings and decrewing MGs.

I think the upgrade should cost less fuel. It isn't that expensive but not often worth pushing back AT nades/t70 rush/SU76 to get.
11 May 2016, 04:08 AM

Someone clearly didn't try using Molotovs pre-flame damage revamp. Now THOSE Molotovs sucked.

Even if they don't outright kill a HMG then you force it to reposition, which in the context of a larger assault can be the difference between winning and losing the engagement. If you tech them early and catch an Ostheer player trying to aggressively garrison a MG42 early on then it can be an early GG :3
11 May 2016, 04:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Personally, I would like the damage of all of the flame grenades increased by a bit so that the amount of ticks it takes to kill a full-health infantry model goes down by one.
11 May 2016, 04:22 AM

Molotovs suck just because of 2 things:

1. Speed of throwing.

2. Range of throwing.

Both of this things just making using that grenade too dangerous for your conscripts, cos they very often dying under fire, while trying to throw Molotov + it's very easy to dodge that grenade. Even MG-42 can move out of buidling before it will hit the ground.

I think, that here is 2 ways:

1. Improve both of those Molotovs stats - range and speed of throwing, but increase greande cost to 20-25 ammo.

or

2. Change Molotovs to normal grenades. Seriously, Molotovs weren't stock soviet grenade, specially in late war. There were a lot of normal grenades like RGD-33 or RG-42. Molotovs mostly used as weapons by partisan groups or at most early stages of war, when were problems with logistic and getting normal weapons to frontline soldiers.

Anyway, something should be done about molotovs, really. Those are worst grenades in game, and with them equiped worst soldiers in game. And excuse that "it's cheap, everything OK" doesn't work. I don't need cheap but useless shit. I want units and their abilities perform effectively. Molotovs don't do it right now.
11 May 2016, 04:32 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

most decent player can easily dodge a frag grenade.

the incendiary grenade's biggest advantages is that it deny the use of the building.

True, that's why you should observe how your opponent reacts to your first grenade. If he dodges, throw it at doors. Although i was talking about something different (the claim that you can't clear a building with a single regular nade)
11 May 2016, 04:59 AM

Molotovs suck just because of 2 things:

1. Speed of throwing.

2. Range of throwing.

Both of this things just making using that grenade too dangerous for your conscripts, cos they very often dying under fire, while trying to throw Molotov + it's very easy to dodge that grenade. Even MG-42 can move out of buidling before it will hit the ground.

I think, that here is 2 ways:

1. Improve both of those Molotovs stats - range and speed of throwing, but increase greande cost to 20-25 ammo.

or

2. Change Molotovs to normal grenades. Seriously, Molotovs weren't stock soviet grenade, specially in late war. There were a lot of normal grenades like RGD-33 or RG-42. Molotovs mostly used as weapons by partisan groups or at most early stages of war, when were problems with logistic and getting normal weapons to frontline soldiers.

Anyway, something should be done about molotovs, really. Those are worst grenades in game, and with them equiped worst soldiers in game. And excuse that "it's cheap, everything OK" doesn't work. I don't need cheap but useless shit. I want units and their abilities perform effectively. Molotovs don't do it right now.

And about cheapness of Mollies, how about inf nade, same price, way better power. I don't understand the logic behind Mollies either, it's not Dota when abilities are balanced by casting time, give it proper animation and adjust the cost plz.
11 May 2016, 05:25 AM

buff throw speed
11 May 2016, 05:40 AM

swap molitov with real nade
roll into same tech as AT nade (20fu 2501 mp as mentioned)
make moli con vet 1 ability muni free with current stats! (loooong ass animation and short range)

add a side grade that allows for more pop/MP income that (40fu 200mp)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 37
Germany 750
unknown 19
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L