Login

russian armor

OKW, flavor or too much love? (preview patch)

10 May 2016, 10:11 AM

This is not a balance post, and I'm not going to say OKW is OP, but...........

They as only OKW itself got way too many toys, and even more in the new balance preview patch,

here's the story,
*OKW has the best veterancy(though hard to obtain),
*non-doc and the Best handheld AT AKA shreck,
*non-doc snare,
*non-doc Elite infantry,
*non-doc and the best heavy tank KT
*And relic adds a non-doc MG34 as players demanded......
*non-doc auto-repair building

All this privilege Units are locked behind some specific commanders if you not playing OKW
this is not a call for nerf thread, but I think relic should give other factions little more unit/attention, not only and just for OKW.
10 May 2016, 10:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2016, 10:11 AMUGBEAR

They as only OKW itself got way too many toys, and even more in the new balance preview patch,

here's the story,
*OKW has the best veterancy,
*non-doc snare,
*non-doc Elite infantry,

this is not a call for nerf thread, but I think relic should give other factions little more unit/attention, not only and just for OKW.

I do think that OKW had alltogether with the Soviets have had the most love. Brits last 2/3 patches which also had some small nerfs after it which were needed.

I agree that I don't really know how the think about the Schrek + snare combo. But if the schrek will be removed the Raketten seriously need some survivability buffs, probably the easiest teamweapon to decrew.

About the best veterancy, it's also probably the hardest to obtain on many units, where probably 50/60% of the units will never reach higher vet than 3 with exeptions ofcourse.

With the nerfed rear armour it will be easier to deal with heavy tanks, even with mediums.
10 May 2016, 10:24 AM

I do think that OKW had alltogether with the Soviets have had the most love. Brits last 2/3 patches which also had some small nerfs after it which were needed.

I agree that I don't really know how the think about the Schrek + snare combo. But if the schrek will be removed the Raketten seriously need some survivability buffs, probably the easiest teamweapon to decrew.

About the best veterancy, it's also probably the hardest to obtain on many units, where probably 50/60% of the units will never reach higher vet than 3 with exeptions ofcourse.

With the nerfed rear armour it will be easier to deal with heavy tanks, even with mediums.

This is not about buff or nerf, IMHO, OKW just got too many (good)toys which all other factions have to choice some specific commanders to get.
10 May 2016, 10:33 AM

here's the story,
*non-doc snare,
*non-doc Elite infantry,
*And relic adds a non-doc MG34 as players demanded......
*non-doc auto-repair building

Soviets received their cookies too, if we are to mention penals and T34s. Default mortar for USF opens new strategies, changes for M36 and for scott are also rising the faction.
Related to OKW, all of these changes are due to the shreck removal from volks. Will OKW be a stronger faction now? YES. But also soviets will be a stronger faction.
The only "forgotten" faction is OH even if it will tech faster. They are a resources eater while having almost the weakest core infantry now.
I foresee for 1v1s an even weaker OH than until now, given other factions' buffs. From 2v2s ahead I don't really know but overall there will be simply no reason to chose OH over OKW.
10 May 2016, 11:34 AM

Well since we're not talking balance I don't see the problem. If this works out and OKW doesn't end OP it will deliver a very enjoyable experience. Everyone complains about too few viable strategies factions end up with and OKW had that problem too. Now it's much more diverse.

Do I wish that they'll do that to OST? I shure as hell do! But for now I'm glad they do it at all. Will make the game a lot more enjoyable after all.

And can someone please explain to me what the problem with snare and Shrek is? Ost hast that since the beginning.
aaa
10 May 2016, 13:35 PM

cheapest unit unlock still. you didnt mention
10 May 2016, 13:39 PM

Eh I don't know if its too much love so much as Relic slowly homogenizing all the factions to make them look more like each other (which isn't so much a bad thing when it gives factions missing tools they need). People will argue that all factions have downsides etc. etc. but most of those downsides often lead to poor gameplay experiences. For example, OKW's lack of HMG makes it a bit too easy for players to just blob into you currently. Seeing as how suppression/blob control is a core game mechanic this change makes sense.

Overall I find OKW 3.0 to be pretty balanced with Shreks being way less spammable and the new truck upgrade costs further delaying your expensive tanks. I don't know if OKW *needs* the Faust if Strums keep the shrek upgrade... might be nice if Relic gates it behind the STG upgrade so OKW doesn't get "everything". Otherwise the Allies generally make out just as well if not better this patch.
10 May 2016, 13:56 PM

Don´t forget to mention that OKW can´t build caches which is not compensated for by the salvage ability. Not even with the thorough salvage ability does that bring as much income as a cache would throughout a game.

Also their vehicles are more expensive than the Ostheer counterpart: Panzer IV: 125 vs 150 fuel, Panther: 175 vs 200 fuel. The vehicles are of course not identical and the difference is there to compensate a bit for the flexibility in the OKW teching but nonetheless the tanks are harder to obtain.
10 May 2016, 13:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2016, 13:56 PMButcher
Don´t forget to mention that they can´t build caches which is not compensated for by the salvage ability. Not even with the thorough salvage ability does that bring as much income as a cache would throughout a game.

Also their vehicles are more expensive than the Ostheer counterpart: Panzer IV: 125 vs 150 fuel, Panther: 175 vs 200 fuel. The vehicles are of course not identical and it is to compensate a bit of flexibility in the teching but nonetheless they are harder to obtain.

and nonetheless they are easier to keep alive...OKW piv having extra hp and OKW panther having better AI capabilities than ostheer one....
10 May 2016, 14:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2016, 10:33 AMJohnnyB

Soviets received their cookies too, if we are to mention penals and T34s. Default mortar for USF opens new strategies, changes for M36 and for scott are also rising the faction.
Related to OKW, all of these changes are due to the shreck removal from volks. Will OKW be a stronger faction now? YES. But also soviets will be a stronger faction.
The only "forgotten" faction is OH even if it will tech faster. They are a resources eater while having almost the weakest core infantry now.
I foresee for 1v1s an even weaker OH than until now, given other factions' buffs. From 2v2s ahead I don't really know but overall there will be simply no reason to chose OH over OKW.

Was gonna say sniper but then I remembered they nerfed all snipers :)
10 May 2016, 14:42 PM

Was gonna say sniper but then I remembered they nerfed all snipers :)

In mid and short range.

How many times you end up in mid to short range with your sniper?
Ost sniper could solo cons with vet1, RoF boost and a tad of RNG on the misses of mosins.
10 May 2016, 16:28 PM

lol, no it couldn't
10 May 2016, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2016, 16:28 PMArclyte
lol, no it couldn't

Using the stun rounds? Yes It could.

With the pre balance patch the snipers had extra ROF at close range. Seen a few times where the sniper was able to solo a squad after stunning it, with a bit of RNG Jesus protection.

10 May 2016, 17:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2016, 10:24 AMUGBEAR

This is not about buff or nerf, IMHO, OKW just got too many (good)toys which all other factions have to choice some specific commanders to get.

true i said this in my thread
10 May 2016, 18:31 PM

I agree with that. I don't know why they did some of the proposed changes - I'd rather put the MG34 on Kubel's place and leave the Kubel - as it is now - as a doctrinal unit. That way the doctrines that will get it - defensive and the falls one which I forgot the name - will have a extra umf. Kubel could be a 0 command point ability. And no need to bring the MG42 to make factions even more homogenous.
10 May 2016, 18:31 PM

The MG34 was added because OKW was the only Army that didn't have non-doc suppression platform that didn't cost fuel and was bugged as hell, and Relic haven't really done anything yet either, this is a balance review MOD, which was largely already done by migrafel or whatever his name is (sorry dude, too hard to remember). So chillax, nothing is final, yet.
10 May 2016, 18:50 PM

Not only commanders, but tech choices.

OKW get AT (2)/snare/MG/anti garrison all BASLINE, NO CHOOSING REQUIRED.

On top of having extra perks like FRP, out of base healing, not having to pay for grenades/fausts, starting the game with a combat squad, 5 veterancy, amazing repair speed, and mainline infantry upgrades...

Oh, and the best stable of tanks.

They get everything you could possibly need without having any shortcomings.

10 May 2016, 22:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 May 2016, 18:50 PMpoop

Not only commanders, but tech choices.

Soviets have to choose between T1/2, OKW get AT (2)/snare/MG/anti garrison all BASLINE, NO CHOOSING REQUIRED.

On top of having extra perks like FRP, out of base healing, starting the game with a combat squad, 5 veterancy, amazing repair speed, and mainline infantry upgrades...

Oh, and the best stable of tanks.

They get everything you could possibly need without having any shortcomings.

No caches :)
11 May 2016, 14:56 PM

here's the story,
*non-doc and the Best handheld AT AKA shreck, ( zooka has the better efficiency now the shrek is moved to the pio's)
*non-doc snare, (same for ost also keep in mind that the axis do not start with 11 armour lv's so they are their for a reason)
*non-doc Elite infantry, ( irrelevant they are expensive for a reason they are their but that doesnt mean they are the best choice for a job)
*non-doc and the best heavy tank KT ( irrelevant as well most games are won by the luchs and the jp4 not the kt)
*And relic adds a non-doc MG34 as players demanded (the mg34 is still pretty shitty however)
*non-doc auto-repair building ( a perk like the usf has crew vehicles )

All this privilege Units are locked behind some specific commanders if you not playing OKW

11 May 2016, 15:09 PM

No caches :)

Salvage. Touche! :p
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment