Login

russian armor

Historical accuracy and asking for some more graphic options

8 May 2016, 10:46 AM

Hi everyone! :)
This is my first starting-a-topic ever in a your forum (I hope I'm in the right section ^^).
So before I start I wanted to thank you all for your great efforts you're putting in this website, especially for making this wonderfull game more accessible and fun for newbies like me.
I just wanted to make two suggestions, hoping that they will be implemented in this great game!

1st: If I'm not wrong the ingame weapon model used for the tank-turret MG is a MG 42.
According to (german) wikipedia, MG 42 weren't used in tanks (due to the fact, that changing the barrel of an MG 42 inside a tight tank was a bit tricky to say the least). Instead the Wehrmacht used the MG 34 (in a slightly moddified version):

Quote:
"Das MG 34 war auch das Standard-Panzer-MG der Wehrmacht und wurde achsparallel zur Hauptkanone, als bewegliches Bugmaschinengewehr und zur Flugabwehr auf der Turmluke eingesetzt."

Translation:
"The MG 34 was also the Wehrmacht's standard-tank-MG, integrated coaxially to the main gun, as movable MG in the tank front and used as anti-aircraft MG on the turret"

Here are some pictures proving the above said:

Considering that Relic already has the ingame-model of the MG 34 (from the OKW), I would really appreciate if they could change the ingame model (not the stats/behavior!) of the german tank-turret MGs - so it would be historically correct.

2nd: Although I can understand that all those "lines" (territory-conquer-radius, territory borders, frontline) drawn by the game are neccessary for a tactical gameplay, I could also understand that some "purists" (yeah... I'm also reffering to myself ^^) would like to enjoy the stunning game-graphics without too many lines who imho give the game a slightly cartoonish look sometimes (especially comparing it to CoH1)
On the Steamworkshop I found this "Reduced UI" mod by [BBI] BarryPepper (I'm not him, and don't want to advertise him or his works - although I appreciate this mod of his):
"Reduced UI" mod by [BBI] BarryPepper

I really would appreciate if Relic implements something similar into their game, or just a few more graphic-options like:
- "draw conquer-radius lines ON/OFF"
- "draw territory lines ON/OFF"
- "draw frontlines ON/OFF"
cause I think (but I might be wrong) it shouldn't be too difficult to add/program/implement those options.

okay... that's so far everything I wanted to contribute. I hope my suggestions will make it into the final game :)
Thanks for reading, feel free to comment!

P.S. I realized only now, that I'm probably in the wrong subforum... if a moderator could move this into the correct section (I don't know how it's done) I would be very happy :) thanks in advance!
8 May 2016, 10:51 AM

Although the first suggestion is unrealistic at least I really liked the second one
8 May 2016, 11:11 AM
Donator 11

There is a lot to change in the topic of mg-34 if we would like to have historical accurancy. In game stats make mg-34 into cheapest and worst mg in the game while in fact it was often placed above mg-42. The mg-42 was just an simplified, much cheaper version of mg-34 that proved to be so good in the battlefield that germans decided to use much more expensive mg-34 only where needed, for example in tanks. Most allied soldiers also referred to mg-34 as mg-42 creating the myth that germans used only mg-42 becouse it outclassed older version.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 53
United States 19
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak