Login

russian armor

balance thought and fixes!!

6 May 2016, 23:36 PM

katy/pwerfer/sexton/priest/122/152/203/packhowi/leig - should all get 2-3 secs yellow suppression red pin is to much and is why it wasnt working good in the past. remove pwerfer red pin add 2-3 sec suppress with katy. calliope and land matress dont need this

203howi - needs 10% of its aoe back its not doing enough dmg to blobbing

mines and trip wire flare - don't hurt much and u don't feel threatened by mines no more. when u get hit by a mine it doesn't bother u so that not good for game. revert back the changes

penals - last man is to strong the 4% boost when a guy dies should be 2%. sachel charge need 10% more aoe cuz its to easy to walk out of its long countdown with low aoe

panzer4 - needs an ability to help it scout. 10range for 20 secs 40 muni

isu 152 - weapon change time needs to be cut in half and ap rounds need to penetrate armor better in anti tank mode. its suuuper expensive and it has horrible ap with low dmg. its needs this buff

14cp - costing units need to be changed to 12 cuz ppl never get to use them

panzergrens - need 5%more accuracy in close range

conscript ptrs - need 10% accuracy or 25%dmg buff they r too weak

kv-2 - shooting while planted range should increase by 10

stuka flame barrage - need better scatter its to spread out and waste muni alot

stuka bombing strike - need a warning on map to go with sound warning. no flares needed this will help ppl from losing massive amounts of units cuz they dont know where its coming or never heard it in first place.

usa jeep - needs f cost reduced to 10 from 20

sherman bulldozer - aoe should be increased to where brumbar is. this is doctrinal

volks and sturms - the combined arms of shreks and snare nades made problems worse give obers choice to get 2 shreks or 2 mgs.

centaur - needs better accuracy becuz they take to long to kill inf and tanks demolish them quickly cuz there slow with no armor. a acc buff will make it fit its role better. tanks usually just chase this unit down and kill it to fast

okw base anti air base defense - needs to not shoot at air cuz it counters expensive abilitys at no cost. okw dont need this now and didnt need this when they were resorced starved. removed anti air and add 10% acc to ground units

okw doctrine turrets - are to weak need 8%accuracy buff vs ground units and +5 added pentration

goliath - change the 5x buff to 2.5x dmg vs brits buildings. 5x to much of a buff

m1919 - give back old ability to hit the dirt n suppress but tone it down a little bit. this ability can be punished by nades, micro and smashing so its not to bad

rear echalons - volley fire should not make u take more dmg it takes long as hell to suppress anyways

greyhound - canister is a waste of muni. make it get its old dmg back before nerf its the units only usefulness and is expensive slows tiering down

barbedwire - i always thought we should be able to walk through wire and get hurt/stuck if we just send units to a area and not watch out for them

okw - im not sure if i was bugged but i was able to snare nade and reg nade will red suppress with panzerfusiliers and another troop cant remember

sov industry - change fuel drop from 1 planes that drop 3 crate with 10f each to 5 planes that drop 1crate with 10f each so u can shoot a few down and not get punished so easily

flame ht - waay to strong it feels like. better then kv8 dmg wise somehow. nerf slightly

mg34- keep mg 34 in okw building its good combined arms for them and helps greatly. if u remove sturms shreks ofcourse.

obers - 20 hp boost at lv 4

okw repair and med upgrade - builds 4 secs faster

InR pathfinders - +5% accuracy boost

conscript molitov- it throws a tad to slow. improve tossing speed 10-15%

Elite troops stun nade - please change how u get stuck for a long time and nade is fine

brits structures pop cap - is to much and i still think they need more mp to start or better upkeep somehow cuz manpower regens to slow cuz population costs problems, like big atgun emplacment

These changes will make this game more enjoyable and more balanced in my opinion i did alot of testing preview playing vs mostly pros. let me know what u think
7 May 2016, 00:17 AM

usa mortar ht timed charges need a 10% dmg boost also forgot to add that one in there.
7 May 2016, 00:40 AM

Mines cannot go back to the way they were. They would often wipe full health full member squads if placed right. Thats cheesy for only 30 munitions. Dmg models alot and suppress and pin them.
7 May 2016, 01:13 AM

Mines cannot go back to the way they were. They would often wipe full health full member squads if placed right. Thats cheesy for only 30 munitions. Dmg models alot and suppress and pin them.
alot of ppl complain about them wiping but i always use them and get hit by them and they dont wipe to much idk some ppl might just have terrible terrible luck.. but that would be coo to if they added a good amount more dmg
7 May 2016, 01:33 AM

alot of ppl complain about them wiping but i always use them and get hit by them and they dont wipe to much idk some ppl might just have terrible terrible luck.. but that would be coo to if they added a good amount more dmg

Most wipe happen on small chokepoints when all of the squad model walk close together trying to squeeze through.
7 May 2016, 02:21 AM

For fuck sake, why people are so lazy? Mines wiping your squads? You scared of it? Everything is simple:

1. Take engineers.

2. Give them cheap (30 muni!!!) sweeper.

3. Use engineers with you infantry and tanks for to defuse mines.

That's all! And you will have no problem with mines. If you don't want to use sweeper - you should be punished with losses of your infantry and engines. And yea - squad wipes with mines are reaaaaaaaaly rare. Sometimes it kills only 1 soldier from squad, it happens same rare as insta-wipes. And there is nothing bad in squad loss... you always can buy new :D

P.S. Would it be real to make in CoH 2 mine rollers for tanks? Like in vCoH with Shermans. Would be also interesting tools of defusing, cos only engineers is pretty boring and lame.
7 May 2016, 04:56 AM

For fuck sake, why people are so lazy? Mines wiping your squads? You scared of it? Everything is simple:

1. Take engineers.

That's all! And you will have no problem with mines. If you don't want to use sweeper - you should be punished with losses of your infantry and engines. And yea - squad wipes with mines are reaaaaaaaaly rare. Sometimes it kills only 1 soldier from squad, it happens same rare as insta-wipes. And there is nothing bad in squad loss... you always can buy new :D

P.S. Would it be real to make in CoH 2 mine rollers for tanks? Like in vCoH with Shermans. Would be also interesting tools of defusing, cos only engineers is pretty boring and lame.

Im really tempted to say "player card please"...

Ill just make a few points and you can figure it out from there.

-Think about the different units that can hold sweepers. Think about their fighting capabilities and what happens when you give them a sweeper.

-Think about the feasibility of equipping all harassing squads with sweepers.

-Smarter players know when and where to place mines to increase the chances the squad wipes.

Mines need a change.
7 May 2016, 06:05 AM

-Think about the different units that can hold sweepers. Think about their fighting capabilities and what happens when you give them a sweeper.

-Smarter players know when and where to place mines to increase the chances the squad wipes.

Mines need a change.

And I think, that people, who lose to "simpliest to counter" tool should show us playercard, don't you think so?

All engineers (except OKWs and maybe british) are not suppoused to be really good in combat, they are mostly support units. Giving them sweeper doesn't make them really weaker - they are weak already. Guess noone will cry about losing firepower by Pioneers or Rears.

And about smarter players. You know, I thought, that skill and mind in that game should be rewarded most, and using mines how you said like"place for increasing chanses of squad wipes" - this is it. If your enemy is skillful and smart enough for to use mines right - it should be rewarded, not punished.

What people say about "my *squadname* insta died from mines, nerfnerfnerf" is simple whine and L2P issue. Buy 30 ammo sweepers, use them with your groups and you will be able destroy way bigger enemie's ammo investments into mines.

That nerfing mines just will make one of "toughest" sides of already poor USSR weaker. That is one of the reasons, why I think, that nerfing mines is really bad idea...

P.S. Case with mines in CoH 2 reminds me Techies in DOTA :D Techies mines are deadly and insta-kill you but... when you getting sight - techies sux. Same here - getting sweeper, and it's gone! Btw, I think, if Relic find mines so dangerous, why not to add tank mine rollers?
7 May 2016, 07:31 AM

^ Do you only attack from one side at a time or does your army consist of 3-4 engies with minesweepers that you can use to follow around for each engagement?
7 May 2016, 08:42 AM

1. Take engineers.

Their simply not enough engineers. plenty of times i had to cancel an flanking attack because the sweeper squad got hit by an unlucky mortar and forced to retreat.

Part of the reason why people rely on blobs and frontal attacks . thx to mines flanking manoeuvres are simply far to risky.
7 May 2016, 12:52 PM

Goliath does 5x damage against emplacements, what it's actually? 3200?
7 May 2016, 13:50 PM
Donator 11

Mines on doorways wipe squads a lot when the unit clusters to go in
7 May 2016, 14:12 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2016, 12:52 PMNEVEC
Goliath does 5x damage against emplacements, what it's actually? 3200?

400 x 5 = 2000 damage = 500 damage vs braced emplacements

It's a doctrinal counter that you have to pay for but at least it's something. It'll hopefully make Overwatch more attractive.
7 May 2016, 14:20 PM

400 x 5 = 2000 damage = 500 damage vs braced emplacements

It's a doctrinal counter that you have to pay for but at least it's something. It'll hopefully make Overwatch more attractive.

Gondalf. DansGame.

2000 damage, 17 pounder oneshot. Don't use single emplacements if you have no sim city with 3 mortar pits and bofos.
7 May 2016, 15:46 PM

And I think, that people, who lose to "simpliest to counter" tool should show us playercard, don't you think so?

All engineers (except OKWs and maybe british) are not suppoused to be really good in combat, they are mostly support units. Giving them sweeper doesn't make them really weaker - they are weak already. Guess noone will cry about losing firepower by Pioneers or Rears.

And about smarter players. You know, I thought, that skill and mind in that game should be rewarded most, and using mines how you said like"place for increasing chanses of squad wipes" - this is it. If your enemy is skillful and smart enough for to use mines right - it should be rewarded, not punished.

What people say about "my *squadname* insta died from mines, nerfnerfnerf" is simple whine and L2P issue. Buy 30 ammo sweepers, use them with your groups and you will be able destroy way bigger enemie's ammo investments into mines.

That nerfing mines just will make one of "toughest" sides of already poor USSR weaker. That is one of the reasons, why I think, that nerfing mines is really bad idea...

P.S. Case with mines in CoH 2 reminds me Techies in DOTA :D Techies mines are deadly and insta-kill you but... when you getting sight - techies sux. Same here - getting sweeper, and it's gone! Btw, I think, if Relic find mines so dangerous, why not to add tank mine rollers?

There's only one play style that shouldnt have problems with mines. You suggested it..."use them with your groups." Can you guess what strategy that is? I'll give you a hint, it starts with a B.

Clearly the L2P issue with mines is you need to L2Blob.
Thanks tips, I'll become another OKW super Blobberino to keep my squads alive :thumbsup:

PS, click the link in my signature to see my player card. I couldn't find yours anywhere though.
7 May 2016, 16:41 PM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post7 May 2016, 14:20 PMNEVEC

Gondalf. DansGame.

2000 damage, 17 pounder oneshot. Don't use emplacements if you have no sim city with 3 mortar pits and bofos.

Necev pls

7 May 2016, 17:10 PM

Mines need a change.

why the f he need to show player card for?? lol i think what he said was true tho get a damn 30 muni mine sweeper and if u spent 400 muni on mines he counter with 30 muni sound good to me always did. Its just some ppl like to get flames and not mine sweeper. or there just pure lazy like he said.
7 May 2016, 17:13 PM

wat are everyones thoughts on the other ideas that r not mines lol
7 May 2016, 19:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's good practice to show a playercard in order for people to know at what skill levels the changes are been thought off, game mode preference and experience. Specially if you say you have been playing against others "pros".

ON: overall, there is too much thoughts here thrown around. There are sensible changes, there are weird changes and there are obvious nope changes.

Note: i don't like most of the values, but i will vote mostly on the concept of the change.

Yes

Maybe, inclined to yes

Maybe inclined to no

No
7 May 2016, 20:06 PM

why the f he need to show player card for?? lol i think what he said was true tho get a damn 30 muni mine sweeper and if u spent 400 muni on mines he counter with 30 muni sound good to me always did. Its just some ppl like to get flames and not mine sweeper. or there just pure lazy like he said.

If every squad type could get a mine sweeper and not lose any fighting capabilities then your argument stands. Or i guess you could just blob all your units together to solve the problem.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★