Login

russian armor

Battlefield 1 (WWI)

PAGES (8)down
13 Jun 2016, 06:08 AM
Patrion 14

:). not saying its not gonna be fun. its just that my last BF was BF3 last played about 2-3 years ago. and i still feel like i've played BF1 before when i am watching the video... way too much.

maybe ill come back.
13 Jun 2016, 07:31 AM
Patrion 14

Looks nothing like ww1, but fun nevertheless.

relevant:

13 Jun 2016, 08:04 AM

Hitboxes and dynamics are like BF Hardline. Models, animations are like StarWars Battlefront (and even some sounds LOL). Not really great for a ww1 game. I was hoping to see BF getting a lot more tactical again like BF2 or Bad Company 2. It looks like its even faster than BF4.

For FPS I will stick with the coming WW2 games and ofc. Rising Storm 2: VIETNAM. Which is gonna be epic.

13 Jun 2016, 08:40 AM

13 Jun 2016, 09:03 AM

WWI isn't only on France and Verdun. If you can catch this movie, can gives you some ideas.
Capitaine Conan
13 Jun 2016, 09:08 AM

People in here...

''Yes lets spend probably millions on this game and design it for the only realistic crowd that probably is 30% of all the customers that could buy this game so they will be happy''

And now im probably gonna get called a fanboy for realizing that the world does not revolve around me and sometimes you gotta take what you get and be happy about it
13 Jun 2016, 09:40 AM

fun > realism.
13 Jun 2016, 13:31 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Its DICE and EA. I got burnt enough with BF:BC and BF4, Pass...
13 Jun 2016, 14:31 PM

Unfortunately, FPS hipsters would flock to it in millions so as long as EA making money, all is well.
13 Jun 2016, 14:33 PM

looks awesome to all people complaining here if they went realistic with bolt action and trenches and stuff it would be so boring..if you want something realistic go play verdun...battlefield's always aracdey even in future stuff you can choose any weapon that exists in their respective time period..its same here if the weapon existed player can choose whatever the hell they want,if we had realistic modern shooter it would be so boring shoot from the drones at your couch and just use standard issue m16 i mean lol wtf also there is bolt actions rifles who said that they aren't..????
13 Jun 2016, 15:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 13:29 PMRollo
it's a damn shame

french gameplay would be fun for sure

Oh yeah talking about Dunkirk Sweetie ? :D

Seeing FT17 played by germans and schneiders used by tommies really grinds my gear <444>_<444>

I mean, it's ok for weapons cuz' scavenge BUT A FREAKING tank, like those tank used to break down so easily it's over 90000
Still i'm sad bolt action gun are locked into scout class
A bit of disappointment for me.
I'm not sure if it's for a national pride issue (i mean common, put a french soldier in a 5 sec trailer and the whole french player will shut up and pre-order patiently)
14 Jun 2016, 01:28 AM
Patrion 14

looks awesome to all people complaining here if they went realistic with bolt action and trenches and stuff it would be so boring..if you want something realistic go play verdun...battlefield's always aracdey even in future stuff you can choose any weapon that exists in their respective time period..its same here if the weapon existed player can choose whatever the hell they want,if we had realistic modern shooter it would be so boring shoot from the drones at your couch and just use standard issue m16 i mean lol wtf also there is bolt actions rifles who said that they aren't..????

we, at least i, am doubting BF1 not because it isn't historically accurate or what not.

there are many many things in WWI setting that DICE could've used to make a fun game mechanic and a fun arcade game that I have enjoyed immensely, true to BF3 and onward.

Two unique things that ive seen are Airship and Weather. You could've had the game set in any other date and these ideas would've still been possible. thus WWI stays as a marketing tool.
14 Jun 2016, 01:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 01:28 AMpigsoup

we, at least i, am doubting BF1 not because it isn't historically accurate or what not.

there are many many things in WWI setting that DICE could've used to make a fun game mechanic and a fun arcade game that I have enjoyed immensely, true to BF3 and onward.

Two unique things that ive seen are Airship and Weather. You could've had the game set in any other date and these ideas would've still been possible. thus WWI stays as a marketing tool.

No lock on missiles. No UCAV or motion sensors. No thermal sight tanks. Sure its safe to say BF1 would play similarly if it was a WW2 setting, but its silly to pretend its a reskin of BF3 and BF4.
14 Jun 2016, 02:25 AM

People in here...

''Yes lets spend probably millions on this game and design it for the only realistic crowd that probably is 30% of all the customers that could buy this game so they will be happy''

And now im probably gonna get called a fanboy for realizing that the world does not revolve around me and sometimes you gotta take what you get and be happy about it

They could have changed AT LEAST something, instead we got reused assets from battlefront and bf4 under different models and textures.

I believe majority of disappointed people dont want RO2 or, even bf 1942, they want fast fun game, which feels little (just little) like great war. Clunky tanks and airplanes, powerfull mashineguns, mb even some trench warfire with supreme rule of artillery.

But nope, too hard to develop, requires unnecessary risks and creativity, better create another soulless clone.

Never expected anything trully innovative from fully "industrialized" company like EA, but still, what we got just sucks, its supreme example of minimum effort for maximum porfit.
14 Jun 2016, 04:47 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/742475469140824064 No French in MP on release. If I were French, I'd probably feel a bit slighted.
14 Jun 2016, 06:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 04:47 AMVuther
https://twitter.com/Battlefield/status/742475469140824064 No French in MP on release. If I were French, I'd probably feel a bit slighted.

I WAS SURE

NO RUSSIAN NO FRENCH

GG DICE

It's a good idea to not put the 2 nations that suffered the more casulaties in the war

Well, sales won't be good for BF1 in france and in russia :lol:
14 Jun 2016, 06:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 06:08 AMShanka

I WAS SURE

NO RUSSIAN NO FRENCH

GG DICE

It's a good idea to not put the 2 nations that suffered the more casulaties in the war

Well, sales won't be good for BF1 in france and in russia :lol:

Fantastic. Less hackers.

edit: but seriously, its not going to make much difference for sales. People in France and Russia that like Battlefield were going to buy the game anyway, only sales they lose are potential BF newbies that had no interest until they thought their country would be in the game.
14 Jun 2016, 06:26 AM

Fantastic. Less hackers.

edit: but seriously, its not going to make much difference for sales. People in France and Russia that like Battlefield were going to buy the game anyway, only sales they lose are potential BF newbies that had no interest until they thought their country would be in the game.

Verdun commemoration were not that long from now, Verdun and WW1 is very important for french people, All french gaming forums are getting crazy, mountains of salt are included and first thread about boycott are just poping up :snfPeter:

The fact that there are french maps, french guns and equippement and tanks but not the faction, it's an insult for us to pay a 20E DLC to play our SOLDIERS (i insist on soldier because all the equippement is already in the game)

It's like if US faction was a DLC for a WW2 game (ok coh2 did it but it was soviet vs german themed)
14 Jun 2016, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2016, 06:26 AMShanka

Verdun commemoration were not that long from now, Verdun and WW1 is very important for french people, All french gaming forums are getting crazy, mountains of salt are included and first thread about boycott are just poping up :snfPeter:

The fact that there are french maps, french guns and equippement and tanks but not the faction, it's an insult for us to pay a 20E DLC to play our SOLDIERS (i insist on soldier because all the equippement is already in the game)

It's like if US faction was a DLC for a WW2 game (ok coh2 did it but it was soviet vs german themed)

14 Jun 2016, 10:25 AM
Patrion 14

No lock on missiles. No UCAV or motion sensors. No thermal sight tanks. Sure its safe to say BF1 would play similarly if it was a WW2 setting, but its silly to pretend its a reskin of BF3 and BF4.

am i the only one who think things should go beyond some old gadgets or lack of future gadgets? way way beyond?

i know that i am being very stubborn here but its like having a game set on Moon but the developers decided Moon would be as developed as Earth is except that you have to wear spacesuit once in a while. its like saying CODWaW wasnt a reskin of COD4, MP wise.
PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS