Login

russian armor

Battlefield 1 (WWI)

PAGES (8)down
15 May 2016, 06:05 AM
Senior Editor Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post14 May 2016, 07:40 AMnee
Seeing as they made shit tons of money from that AND Battlefront, the lesson sure isn't "fix the game".

I mean, they can't just ignore highly publicized lawsuits.

It creates a shitty work environment getting complaints and having to patch bugs and everything. At least, I'd assume.

People aren't just greedy assholes who care about money. They don't want stress either. And people with enough foresight know that they can't keep giving people shit and expect the money to flow in return.

If you hate entertainment companies or business in general pls go to the USSR
nee
15 May 2016, 07:26 AM

I mean, they can't just ignore highly publicized lawsuits.

It creates a shitty work environment getting complaints and having to patch bugs and everything. At least, I'd assume.

People aren't just greedy assholes who care about money. They don't want stress either. And people with enough foresight know that they can't keep giving people shit and expect the money to flow in return.

If you hate entertainment companies or business in general pls go to the USSR
DICE might think its shit, but EA sure as hell doesn't.

Don't mistake the people making the money for people who's doing the real work for it. You honestly think Tim Cook thinks life's hard work when he's not the Chinese guy making iPhones for dimes in a factory?
EA and DICE don't think it's shit. They honestly don't care, either. If it makes money, they'll make and sell it. As far as they are concerned, Battlefront was a massive success: they even reached their ambitious goal of 13 million copies sold by March. That's incredible in so many ways. Thirteen million suckers, and only for 80 bucks!

As I said, the lesson is "This scheme works, so milk it even more."
15 May 2016, 17:01 PM

I just saw this.

Hitler's reaction to Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.

His reaction to Battlefield 1.
16 May 2016, 22:04 PM

So much arrogance and contempt here.

I for one am happy that DICE had the balls to deviate from the race to the futur-er-er warfare trend going on in the industry. The trailer's great even if it reveals only bits and pieces.

I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the French not being part of the game just yet. Although I wouldn't be surprised at some anglo-saxon cultural washing either.
17 May 2016, 03:29 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

I wouldn't jump to conclusions about the French not being part of the game just yet. Although I wouldn't be surprised at some anglo-saxon cultural washing either.

If there isn't at least a map based on/inspired by the bloodiest battle in World War I, I'd probably be pretty pissed if I were French.
17 May 2016, 13:29 PM

it's a damn shame

french gameplay would be fun for sure
17 May 2016, 22:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 03:29 AMVuther

If there isn't at least a map based on/inspired by the bloodiest battle in World War I, I'd probably be pretty pissed if I were French.

+1

jump backJump back to quoted post17 May 2016, 13:29 PMRollo

French gameplay would be fun for sure

You mean you start the game, and every button you press leads to an Auto Surrender? :P

12 Jun 2016, 21:48 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

12 Jun 2016, 22:15 PM

Updated title.
12 Jun 2016, 22:58 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Leaving here different gameplays. Infantry, tanks and air.
12 Jun 2016, 23:20 PM
Patrion 14

watched 30 min of pcgamer live stream.

as i suspected... just re-skin... except for airship. it comes in when your team is losing badly and its like a last ditch ability. that is cool but yeah...

12 Jun 2016, 23:40 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jun 2016, 23:20 PMpigsoup
watched 30 min of pcgamer live stream.

as i suspected... just re-skin... except for airship. it comes in when your team is losing badly and its like a last ditch ability. that is cool but yeah...

Wtf is this opinion!! Of course you only watched 30 mins!
I could fight you right now.
Bayonet charge is Reskin? AT rifles are reskin? bundle nades are reskin!!!!

ALL THE NEW GUNS ARE RESKIN?????

I'm triggered.... Beyond triggered..

Is the gas a reskin too??? THAT BLIMP DEATH THOUGH.....!!!!
12 Jun 2016, 23:43 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

After watching the E3 Gameplay and the show matches... It kind of looks like World War II with a World War I skin... all the weapons are automatic, semi, or shotguns. It looks very... I don't know... run and gun? Too fast paced? I mean, I can see that it might not have been "fun" to have the game be very slow and have mostly bolt actions, but that's World War I for you. If you didn't think World War I would be fun, why did you make a WWI game? I remember the developers using words like "brutal", "physical", "intense" to describe the game, but it honestly just looks arcadey to me. Nothing like what they said, and certainly nothing like World War I. It's too early to say anything and I'm hoping to hell this game turns out to be great.

Also weapons with bipods, reflex sight, bayonet and other attachements are so overkill.
13 Jun 2016, 00:23 AM
Patrion 14

Wtf is this opinion!! Of course you only watched 30 mins!
I could fight you right now.
Bayonet charge is Reskin? AT rifles are reskin? bundle nades are reskin!!!!

ALL THE NEW GUNS ARE RESKIN?????

I'm triggered.... Beyond triggered..

Is the gas a reskin too??? THAT BLIMP DEATH THOUGH.....!!!!

what luvnest said.

like DICE was so afraid that if bolt action rifles had no scopes, people will boycott this game, all rifleman have this advanced scopes on.... DICE couldve gone for "greased bolt action" or more grounded WWI gadgets, but they were too scare to try anything new.

bundle nade? you mean like the "nine-banger" from CoD MW3? it might as well named "stronger grenade".

infantries running at speed of light with LMGs and SMGs in WWI? mucho lol

the unique thing about poison gas and bayonet charge in WWI was that they were extensively used. tanks farting little poison gases and bayonet gadget is not capturing WWI. it is just another gadget.
13 Jun 2016, 00:29 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

13 Jun 2016, 01:07 AM

The game shows some unique potential, like manning the vehicles. Rather than have like a one or two guys working a tank you can get three to four guys manning a tank. I mean the zeppelin can be manned by multiple people and be moved by people. I'm a bit too hopeful for this game, but I have to say that it is improved from the original game. Though some of the attachments are questionable, like an MP18 with bayonet.

I will say this, it may be laying the groundwork for a future title...
13 Jun 2016, 02:02 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Donator 22

Im pretty drunk but lemme jump in.
You cant apease everyone when you.create a game based on a massive historical event like WWI. EA still has to make it appealinh on a commerical scale. Historical enthusiasts are a pretty small margin of potential buyers so its reasonable to assume that gameplay will be somewhat similar to other battlefield titles.
13 Jun 2016, 02:07 AM

Too much arcade, too colorful, too unrealistic vehicles control for my taste.

They could at least tried to make something different with ww1 besides aesthetics, but nope its just reskined bf.
13 Jun 2016, 02:29 AM
Patrion 27

I'm gonna pass.
13 Jun 2016, 03:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Prior to seeing the gameplay, my main concern was, as most other people already mentioned, how will they managed the gun play.

Yes, there is too many semi and automatic weapons to really make it feel as WWI, even if BF1942 had a similar situation. But it's understandable. This is not a Verdun/Red Orchestra public they are aiming for. They are trying to appease a 25 million player market and the casual players wouldn't hit shit if they have to use just bolt action rifles.

PAGES (8)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS